Which is the best AC brand?

mathew_p_a said:
In the shop, I saw one electrolux , 1.5T for 18k... Why is it so? :S

The main reason for the price difference is that...

cheaper ones have rotary type compressors, which hv less capacity, and cannot be repaired. So ull hv to buy a new compressor, if a rotary compressor goes bad.

costlier ones have air type compressors, which are much more capacity, and can be repaired if gone bad.

RamPagE said:
The main reason for the price difference is that...

cheaper ones have rotary type compressors, which hv less capacity, and cannot be repaired. So ull hv to buy a new compressor, if a rotary compressor goes bad.

costlier ones have air type compressors, which are much more capacity, and can be repaired if gone bad.

:S This is news to me..What is air type compressor?

Lower cost is perhaps less features and poor EER (outdated) compressors.

There are three types of compressors

1. Reciprocatory

2. Rotary

3. Scroll

Reciprocatory was used 10 years back which nothing but a piston engines. Max eer can be obtained around 10. Its is still used where the ambient temperature is very high where rotary fails. This is the only compressor worth repairing.

Tropical rotary is used every where because of fewer moving parts and high eer.

As the tonnage of the A/C increased rotary efficiency gets decreased hence scroll compressors is used.EER can be as high as 14-16. It has only one moving part. Usually you will find scroll in 4 tons onwards.

From someone who is high-up in the AC industry.

1. Hitachi and LG have the best compressor technology.

2. Use a fan in conjunction with AC to save power.

teracore said:
So which is better guys,the one with the Arabic language written on it or the the one with non Arabic.

Even I am looking forward to a General window AC. Can anyone confirm on the above ? Should I go for an imported General or the indian made.

i know a guy who makes his own AC, UPS....lol. He told me that Ogeneral is just a brand name now...it was a gr8 brand till they importing made in china Ogeneral.

just bought a 2 ton hitachi window ac for my room in the factory. its the quadricool TM model which has a twin motor. cools really well..

Hi,
Just bought a OGeneral 1.5 Window. The model number is AXG18GPNHW, Made in Thailand, Imported by General India..Does that sound anything fishy ?

This model is not mentioned on the General India site but the dealer is saying its with the 1+4 Yr warranty.

Is it a duplicate Ogeneral.Pls advise .

Thnx

greenlobster said:
Even I am looking forward to a General window AC. Can anyone confirm on the above ? Should I go for an imported General or the indian made.

We have an imported General AC which has text in Arabic (since 5 years now). Don't know the model, but something related I read is "19 High Power Super Quit". :p And the only pain is it doesn't have automatic climate control. "pain" since I have to toggle the dials often. But yes, General will again be our next AC if there's a need to get one. No complaints. :)

"O"General? :S I always thought that O was their logo and "General" is the company name. :p

ogeneral.jpg

[quote name='teracore']Some Pics :D

What was the serial no. mentioned on the carton? Is it the 'made in thailand' piece ? I got mine which has the model number as AXG18GPNHW. 'Made in Thailand' and imported by ETA India Ltd. Packing came with wooden planks screwed on the bottom of the AC. You won't find mention of this model on their website. I don't know whether its the indian or the imported AC.

BTW, was just curious whether anyone here knows how to differentiate between the original OG and a duplicate OG. Are there really any duplicates out there in the market ?

I am not happy not with my OG since its making considerably more noise than other OGenerals I have installed in my office. Cooling is OK. I doubt whether its the original one.:(

Paid 24K for Unit + 1.5K for stabiliser + 400 bucks for installation. Shop says there is 1+4 yr warranty and he will give me Bill and warranty card. I doubt whether OG really gives any warranty card.

Can people here clear on the above so that everyone else stays updated.

Back