Which is the best AC brand?

Those of you who have the myth that Indian OG models don't have anything written in Arabic, well..its just a myth (I too had this misconception). I have bought 2 OGs in 2006 and 1 just 3 days back thru dealers (wtih warranty)..All of them have the arabic symbol on the front.

hitachi is the best!!!
cause i have consulted with professionals and they all recommended 3 brands
ogeneral,sanyo and hitachi...
they might sound expensive but give a lot of value for money when it gets old.
moreover my aunt owns a htachi which has been workin for 5 yrs straight.no prob till now!!

I would consider Ogeneral a bit dicey. I had an assembled AC about 13 years ago. The guy who assembled it asked me which kind I wanted and rattled off a choice of names. He ended by saying Ogeneral is the best. So naturally I said I'll take that. So he had this AC assembled for me and it had the same kind of grill with the name shown in pictures here. Arabic and all.

So much for original Ogeneral.

As good as using a CM cabinet for your rig and saying it is a CM PC.

^^ tat would all depend on where you buy it from, say if you got it from a ogeneral specific company store you would get ogeneral.

When people say they are buying ogeneral it means the compressor and blower are ogeneral and not the body (which apparently scores for you)

Btw you can get the body of any ac as spare parts..

amityrock said:
^^ tat would all depend on where you buy it from, say if you got it from a ogeneral specific company store you would get ogeneral.

When people say they are buying ogeneral it means the compressor and blower are ogeneral and not the body (which apparently scores for you)
Btw you can get the body of any ac as spare parts..

That's exactly my point. What you see is not always what you get. When I bought, I was fully aware that I was not buying OG. So it is OK when you're not paying OG prices and buying with eyes wide open.
On the other hand, it is possible for a person shopping for OG to be fooled into buying an AC that looks like OG but is not.
I was just trying to caution potential buyers.

greenlobster said:
[quote name='teracore']Some Pics :D

What was the serial no. mentioned on the carton? Is it the 'made in thailand' piece ? I got mine which has the model number as AXG18GPNHW. 'Made in Thailand' and imported by ETA India Ltd. Packing came with wooden planks screwed on the bottom of the AC. You won't find mention of this model on their website. I don't know whether its the indian or the imported AC.

BTW, was just curious whether anyone here knows how to differentiate between the original OG and a duplicate OG. Are there really any duplicates out there in the market ?

I am not happy not with my OG since its making considerably more noise than other OGenerals I have installed in my office. Cooling is OK. I doubt whether its the original one.:(

Paid 24K for Unit + 1.5K for stabiliser + 400 bucks for installation. Shop says there is 1+4 yr warranty and he will give me Bill and warranty card. I doubt whether OG really gives any warranty card.

Can people here clear on the above so that everyone else stays updated.
There is a piece of wood jammed beneath the Compressor for safety during transport, this has to be removed when installing, otherwise the unit makes wayy too much noise. Maybe the guys who installed your unit forgot to remove that or were plain ignorant dumbasses like the ones who installed mine. Anyway you should check that once.

In general 50% of an A/Cs performance depends on installation which in most cases is poor or at least most i've seen. The guys who came to install the Ogeneral were removing and throwing away the soundblanket on the compressor, saying 'motor garam ho jaayegi sir', retards!

in terms of cooling i believe videocon is the best but really it makes a lot of noise (like a cooler.
lg is a good choice but bad cooling keeps him out the choice.
BTW videocon ac's are the cheepest in the market:)

IMHO, go for Toshiba split 1.5 ton. It draws only 1450 watts of power (lowest in its class) and has the state-of-the-art inverter technology.

Daikin's are the most silent I've ever seen, but they are costly & only come in split configuration. But truely no AC can match its performance, power management & ofcourse the silence operation.

Strange, but I never read a word abt Daikin on our forums

I've had a very bad experience with LG so I won't recommend it. Voltas AC is really good and so is there After sales. You should consider Voltas.

H@rsh said:
[quote name='greenlobster']

The guys who came to install the Ogeneral were removing and throwing away the soundblanket on the compressor, saying 'motor garam ho jaayegi sir', retards!

Is the compressor running without the thermal blanket. If the answer is "Yes" Plz plz fit the blanket again. These compressors are called "Hermetic" compressors and they require thermal blanket for optimal efficiency else the compressor will fail sooner or later.

here's my feedback.

I recently bot a Hitachi 1.5ton Window AC for 24.5k after reading up abt it in this thread.

to be frank, the airflow & cooling on this thing is PATHETIC.

even my 7-yr old Carrier wud cool the room much better than this.I called the Service helpline ; they sent an Technician asap within a couple of hrs. he came , fiddled around a bit, but in the end said that " the whole Hitachi Window AC range suffers from a serious lack of Airflow.Kab tak customer sahega?? "& the splitting of the Air Outflow duct into two ( on each side) , doesnt do one bit of good for this AC.That 19000BTU cooling & 5-star energy sticker seems to be numbers pulled out of thin Air!

Seriously, thats one more Company in India thats selling a Overpriced, much-hyped product & fleecing its customers on a pseudo-goodwill generated by PR Hype perhaps(?)

I got a Hitachi Ace Cutout 1.5ton Split AC for 34k last week & have a Hitachi Logicool µ 1.5ton Window AC since 6yrs.

Both cool great & throw air like a typhoon, it all depends on the settings used.

I would highly recommend buying a Hitachi Ace Cutout/Follow Me or Carrier Estrella.

I'm looking for a one ton split, but voltas gold is not available anywhere :( I now have to choose between carrier duracool and hitachi. The hitachi model nos are too confusing!

Back