Which is the best AC brand?

vijaysurendran said:
ogeneral being the best AC around is a load of crap!! my cousin had OG window AC 1.5 tonne and it went kaput in 4 years hell my old career window AC which i gave to my bro lasted more than it

Career is still working just had to refill the gas that too after 5 years .

when it comes to CFM cooling power and EER OG wins hands down ...

:S Isnt that two contradicting statements you are making about OG

seems like he is confused alot :) , I am having 6 OG ac's and all of them atleast 5-6 years old, and none of them has given even a small problem for once, Its better to take OG imported from japan , I took from alfa ,

Now that the summer in Chennai is taking to my head, I am going for an AC, split one.

Luckily, in my house, I have a small room and it is like in the middle of a hall with all walls. I can walk around the room walls. :eek:hyeah: Funky construction.

I have a budget of around 30k (need to get AC + Stabilizer within this). No stretching.

Which brand is good and VFM in this range. Onida,Voltas ?

Any help is appreciated.

Are any of the ACs under discussion here "Reverse Cycle"? I would like to have the option to use it as a heater (very rarely though) for say 3-4 days a year in December when it gets really cold out here in B'lore.

My window 1 ton OG's compressor died within 2 years, when they pulled out the AC we saw that the rubber bushings were flattened out and the dead compressor was sitting down on the AC's base - they took 3 weeks to replace the AC's compressor and bushings :(

I doubt I will ever buy an Indian OG again, I may still buy the imported OG's.

Gannu said:
^I thought the Indian OGs were imported? Seems like customer support is alien to them. :|

I was told that OG's were assembled in Pondicherry with many Indian parts - but that the compressor and fan are imported. Is this right ?

I emailed Misubishi about my new 1.5 ton split AC and they have mentioned in their reply that this AC is fully imported.

Was locking on Onida/Voltas. But the dealer had no stock of Onida. So went for the Voltas Elite 1.5 T split.

cost: 25.7 (including stabilizer) + 1200 ac installation extra

3 stars. DOnt know the power consumption yet.

Back