Security Software Which is the best free AV around?

So, AVG only ?

I have NOD 32 but it expires after 30 days.... very irritating. But I found NOD 32 to be really awesome.

I used to use AVG, but I stopped.

1 st i used AVG free edition
my pc got infected thyrough pen drive
AVG detected 1 virus
but it can heal it
subsequently i installed kaspersky
it detected 23 viruses and my pc is now running smoothly

my vote goes for kaspersky IS

kaspersky is the best will detect every thing but u req a damm goog machin to run it in its full potential
one can easly comfig KAV to scan selected regions and if req disable active protect... if u r into downloading pirated stuff this is best protection download and scan .. if there is a warning del it ... Russians are best in making , deploying and also cleaning virus and togans :p
NOD 32 is light on resources but its latest ver is buggy.. dosent save config
if u r on old machine like me on athlon XP THIS IS BEST CHOICE
use update servers to update NOD 32 they are reliable

With torrents around, people nowadays think everything is free. You name it, you get it... Kaspersky, NOD, WinRar, Nero... :rofl: :rofl:

+1 for AVG free ..... using it for the past 3 years

+1 for the AVAST using it for the past 6 months .... much more better than AVG

i gave +1 for AVG cause i dun wanna hurt it :p has been faithfull with me 4 a long time but FACT is AVAST is better and light on RAM !

AVG has seen its golden ages but time has changed and others like Avast have really gone past AVG.

For a free AV Avast does a really good job. Most of the other AV solutions with realtime system monitoring are heavy on systems which includes paid solutions.

I have found Avast to be more than capable and mind you I am connected to net and DC++ hub 24x7.

On access scanner works beautifully catching everything before it hurts your system. Great vista support as well.

Very happy with avast, very light on resources, small updates, does not take long time. Perfect for home user.

Are we allowed to share links of Cracked versions?

I can give you d/l links for Cracked Nod32 (the leanest and best AV) and Avg Pro 7.5 if it is OK here. :)

saturn said:
Are we allowed to share links of Cracked versions?

I can give you d/l links for Cracked Nod32 (the leanest and best AV) and Avg Pro 7.5 if it is OK here. :)

NO... Looks like you haven't read the forum rules yet...

You guys spend a lot on building a good PC so spend a little more and get a good AV program - Mcafee is 750, NIS 2008 is 1200 (both easily available). Before anyone disses NIS 2008, try it or at least read some reviews first. And if you have a credit card or paypal account, great, because you can purchase even better AV products online.

In 2007, the biggest change I've seen in tech and gaming communities is the number of people buying legit games which are typically cost 600-1000 bucks. Why not spend the same amount once a year to protect your pc/data than rely on other unreliable means?

Ad for Kaspersky

kavsw1.jpg

+1 for Avast,

I can disable the Standard shield and enable the webshield, so that all incoming files from the internet are scanned, and there is no performance drop while launching and working with the apps from local disks.

Of course, I enable standard shield while plugging in USB drives. :)

I prefer a free antivirus simply cause i rarely get viruses on my PC. I prefer blocking unwanted scripts thru my browser itself, and i do not download any files from unknown files. And AVG free does the job just fine for me :)

Back