Budget 51-70k Which light and portable laptop would be best under ₹70000?

Omg Singer

Recruit
I want to buy a light, portable and sturdy laptop with best specifications possible under ₹70000. Please tell me fast as the sale is going on on Amazon. Please

My minimum requirements:
1. Best build quality(metallic or high quality plastic)
2. Minimum of i5 11th gen, 8gb ram, 512gb SSD.
3. Minimum 2gb graphics card (maybe mx450)
4. Light weight and portable(14 inch would work but 15.6 will be better)

I am actually getting very good amount for exchange of my old laptop on Amazon... So please tell me a laptop from Amazon.... Thankyou

Please tell me fast as the sale is going on.....

Last edited:
MSI GF65 10500H 1660Ti available for 75k on flipkart before discounts. 15.6" light laptop with the best specs (imo) under 95k. 6core12thread processor and 1660Ti (which is better than 3050Ti as per benchmarks)
I don't think there's any other laptop under 80k which has specs even close to the MSI and yet is thin. Spend the extra 5k (3.5k if you access the discounts), very worth it - 6GB graphics, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD and 144hz screen.
Also got exchange offers on top of card discounts, plus it has 2 yrs warranty (instead of 1 like most others).

Last edited:
MSI GF65 10500H 1660Ti available for 75k on flipkart before discounts. 15.6" light laptop with the best specs (imo) under 95k. 6core12thread processor and 1660Ti (which is better than 3050Ti as per benchmarks)
I don't think there's any other laptop under 80k which has specs even close to the MSI and yet is thin. Spend the extra 5k, very worth it - 6GB graphics, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD and 144hz screen.
Umm... I actually wanted to buy a laptop from Amazon because I am getting very good exchange value of my old laptop... While Flipkart is giving me very less exchange value..... So if it's possible please recommend a laptop from Amazon.......

And also the laptop would be used for high level researching and not intensively used for high graphic games. So it would be better with a professional look.... And on Amazon.. please...

Don't see anything good on Amazon apart from the Victus at 73k before discounts, which has inferior screen, gpu, ram and is much heavier.
And also the laptop would be used for high level researching and not intensively used for high graphic games.
If it's just general research, ie, web browsing and all, then you're better off with an ultrabook like Yoga series with a Ryzen or 11th Gen Intel. If your research depends on GPU then the MSI will be much better.

Don't see anything good on Amazon apart from the Victus at 73k before discounts, which has inferior screen, gpu, ram and is much heavier.
What about

HP Pavilion (2021) Thin & Light 11th Gen Core i5 Laptop, 16 GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris Xe Graphics, 14-inch (35.56 cms) FHD Screen, Win 10, MS Office, Backlit Keyboard, Ceramic White (14-dv0053TU)?​

If it's just general research, ie, web browsing and all, then you're better off with an ultrabook like Yoga series with a Ryzen or 11th Gen Intel. If your research depends on GPU then the MSI will be much better.
I don't think it would require much graphics thing..... Though some procesers like mx450 or intel iris xe may work.

But that exceeds my limit☹️. I can't buy it... My budget was actually below ₹60k but as I was getting around ₹9.5k exchange plus the bank discounts.... I extended it to 70k... So... That's the problem...
ah okay I see. Will this work? Has GDDR6 MX450 with 16GB RAM, 11th gen i5 4c8t for just about 71k.

This isn't a full metal build either. It's plastic with a brushed metal finish. Source: dad owns the same laptop's 14" 10th gen version.

I think the Lenovo is the best option for this budget dude. I doubt if you can find any full metal build laptop in this price range, especially those which have anywhere near the Lenovo's specs. And their build quality is not bad at all - I'm currently using a 6+ yr old Lenovo ultrabook and the plastic and rubber build has held up quite well. Even their premium Legion Y series gaming laptops are plastic build, but they use good quality plastic.
The Dell you listed has a very soft plastic build - doesn't accumulate scratches but it feels and looks worn already after just a few months of moderate use.

Also the Dell is vastly inferior in terms of specs compared to the Lenovo, very bad vfm compared to it.
HP Pavilion (2021) Thin & Light 11th Gen Core i5 Laptop, 16 GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris Xe Graphics, 14-inch (35.56 cms) FHD Screen, Win 10, MS Office, Backlit Keyboard, Ceramic White (14-dv0053TU)
Actually I didn't see this earlier. Looks good, and tbh the exact same specs as Lenovo for 2k higher, except that this has the older MX450 with GDDR5 version instead of GDDR6 like the Lenovo. But this too is a plastic build (with metal like finish) - check the q&a section by typing "plastic". Again, just like most other laptops in this price range. Not having a metal build is not a negative aspect for this price range. But if you want to go for this then go ahead, although the Lenovo has a better GPU, and I think a better warranty too.
But tbh both are good, go with whatever you please

Last edited:
This isn't a full metal build either. It's plastic with a brushed metal finish. Source: dad owns the same laptop's 14" 10th gen version.

I think the Lenovo is the best option for this budget dude. I doubt if you can find any full metal build laptop in this price range, especially those which have anywhere near the Lenovo's specs. And their build quality is not bad at all - I'm currently using a 6+ yr old Lenovo ultrabook and the plastic and rubber build has held up quite well. Even their premium Legion Y series gaming laptops are plastic build, but they use good quality plastic.
The Dell you listed has a very soft plastic build - doesn't accumulate scratches but it feels and looks worn already after just a few months of moderate use.

Also the Dell is vastly inferior in terms of specs compared to the Lenovo, very bad vfm compared to it.

Actually I didn't see this earlier. Looks good, and tbh the exact same specs as Lenovo for 2k higher, except that this has the older MX450 with GDDR5 version instead of GDDR6 like the Lenovo. But this too is a plastic build (with metal like finish) - check the q&a section by typing "plastic". Again, just like most other laptops in this price range. Not having a metal build is not a negative aspect for this price range. But if you want to go for this then go ahead, although the Lenovo has a better GPU, and I think a better warranty too.
But tbh both are good, go with whatever you please
Thankyou... You made my decision clear but there is a problem.... I wanted to buy it on emi but Lenovo has no-cost emi for only 3 month one.... But that is not feasible for me.... I can buy on a minimum of 6 month (no-cost) emi only.....
Thankyou... You made my decision clear but there is a problem.... I wanted to buy it on emi but Lenovo has no-cost emi for only 3 month one.... But that is not feasible for me.... I can buy on a minimum of 6 month (no-cost) emi only.....
I have many budget constraints.... I can buy a laptop on a minimum of 6 month emi... Under 70000.

Last edited:

I have many budget constraints.... I can buy a laptop on a minimum of 6 month emi... Under 70000.
Take a look at this then. Well within 70k and has 6 month emi as well, plus it has a processor as good as HP and Lenovo but with a much better gpu.
The only “shortcoming” is that it has only 8gb ram, but that can be upgraded later.
If you don’t require a gpu as powerful as the 1650, then you can also go for this instead. Has the same same specs except that it doesn’t have a dedicated gpu. If you can make do with just integrated gpu (arund mx450) level, then this is also good since it also comes with 2yrs extended warranty and accidental damage protection, and also has 6 months emi.

Last edited:
Take a look at this then. Well within 70k and has 6 month emi as well, plus it has a processor as good as HP and Lenovo but with a much better gpu.
Sorry to bother you again and again..... But I wanted to ask that I am getting ₹9200 for my HP HP 15-bs663TU with some mior cracks and battery problem, the battery error shows that it's capacity has become less, but according to the exchange terms and conditions of Amazon, it works without charger for more than 2 mins... Else everything works fine.... Is this a good exchange?

Because this is what making me buy a laptop only from Amazon... On Flipkart it says the price can be ranged between 1200-8600 but on Amazon no range is given, only a particular price will be given.....

Last edited:
Sorry to bother you again and again..... But I wanted to ask that I am getting ₹9200 for my HP HP 15-bs663TU with some mior cracks and battery problem, the battery error shows that it's capacity has become less, but according to the exchange terms and conditions of Amazon, it works without charger for more than 2 mins... Else everything works fine.... Is this a good exchange?

Because this is what making me buy a laptop only from Amazon... On Flipkart it says the price can be ranged between 1200-8600 but on Amazon no range is given, only a particular price will be given.....
Yea seems like a pretty good exchange rate, and as long as you conform to the T&C you should be good. Btw check if cracks are allowed on display, not sure about that. Best of luck!

Yea seems like a pretty good exchange rate, and as long as you conform to the T&C you should be good. Btw check if cracks are allowed on display, not sure about that. Best of luck!
Hey! I just found two another laptops and both seem appealing to me...
Full name - ASUS VivoBook Ultra K14 (2021), AMD Ryzen 7 5700U, 14-inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB SSD/Integrated Graphics/Office 2019/Windows 10/Indie Black/1.4 Kg), KM413UA-EB702TS

Link.

Full Name - Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5 AMD Ryzen 7 5700U 14" (35.56cm) FHD IPS Thin & Light Laptop (8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10/MS Office/Backlit Keyboard/Fingerprint Reader/Graphite Grey/1.39Kg), 82LM009AIN

Link

Now the specs look good but I am concerned or say confused between HP pavilion with i5 11gen with iris xe graphics and 16gb ram (we talked about it in the previous replies as well).

Link

The specs of all of them look good but actually what is bothering me is Ryzen 7 5700U with Integrated Amd Radeon graphics (8gb ram) vs i5 11th gen with iris xe (16gb ram)

Even it confuses me more with the Lenovo one.. It has the same specs as asus one but is a few thousands cheaper price...

I tried to research on it but some websites said Ryzen 7 is better and some said i5 is better.... Also some said that amd integrated graphics are much better but some said iris xe are better tooo....... So this has made me go crazily confused...

Which one you would say is better?

If you say i5 11th gen is better then should I not consider

Full name - Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 2021 11th Gen Intel Core i5 15.6" (39.63cm) FHD Thin & Light Laptop (8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10/MS Office/Backlit Keyboard/2 Year Warranty/Arctic Grey/1.65Kg), 82H8014BIN

Link
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B096359ZZG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_dl_6MBZSPQ35NCM8FKAHV2T

Please answer my questions

Last edited:
Hey! I just found two another laptops and both seem appealing to me...
Full name - ASUS VivoBook Ultra K14 (2021), AMD Ryzen 7 5700U, 14-inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB SSD/Integrated Graphics/Office 2019/Windows 10/Indie Black/1.4 Kg), KM413UA-EB702TS

Link.

Full Name - Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5 AMD Ryzen 7 5700U 14" (35.56cm) FHD IPS Thin & Light Laptop (8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10/MS Office/Backlit Keyboard/Fingerprint Reader/Graphite Grey/1.39Kg), 82LM009AIN

Link

Now the specs look good but I am concerned or say confused between HP pavilion with i5 11gen with iris xe graphics and 16gb ram (we talked about it in the previous replies as well).

Link

The specs of all of them look good but actually what is bothering me is Ryzen 7 5700U with Integrated Amd Radeon graphics (8gb ram) vs i5 11th gen with iris xe (16gb ram)

Even it confuses me more with the Lenovo one.. It has the same specs as asus one but is a few thousands cheaper price...

I tried to research on it but some websites said Ryzen 7 is better and some said i5 is better.... Also some said that amd integrated graphics are much better but some said iris xe are better tooo....... So this has made me go crazily confused...

Which one you would say is better?

If you say i5 11th gen is better then should I not consider

Full name - Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 2021 11th Gen Intel Core i5 15.6" (39.63cm) FHD Thin & Light Laptop (8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10/MS Office/Backlit Keyboard/2 Year Warranty/Arctic Grey/1.65Kg), 82H8014BIN

Link
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B096359ZZG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_dl_6MBZSPQ35NCM8FKAHV2T

Please answer my questions
Both iris xe and radeon are integrated graphics only. But the 5700U is a much better processor than the i5, and the graphics of 5700U are roughly on par with the i5 xe. The Ryzen 5700U has 8 cores 16 threads, while 11th gen i5 and i7 have 4 cores and 8 threads.
Out of the laptops you've listed Ideapad Slim 5 is the best option in terms of specs and build. The Vivobooks are now known for good build quality, although the specs are on par, plus you can also get 2 years additional warranty with lenovo for just 2k more which I would highly recommend. Lastly, you could also go with HP but you're exchanging a better processor for more RAM which is not ideal. However for day to day usage, I would still recommend the Ryzen processor over Intel models due to having better battery life and efficiency. Also about the Ideapad 3, I would not recommend that since the build is nowhere as good as the the Slim 5. Ideapad Slim 3 is in the same build league as the Asus Vivobooks.

However, the best of both worlds (having an 8core 16thread 5700U and also 16GB RAM) would be this version of the Slim 5. It is slightly over budget at 72k (although still has 6 months EMI), but it is the best option and should last you a good 5 years or more thanks to the super powerful processor as well as 16GB RAM. But if you can't stretch for it, then the 8GB version should also do you absolutely fine.

Both iris xe and radeon are integrated graphics only. But the 5700U is a much better processor than the i5, and the graphics of 5700U are roughly on par with the i5 xe. The Ryzen 5700U has 8 cores 16 threads, while 11th gen i5 and i7 have 4 cores and 8 threads.
Out of the laptops you've listed Ideapad Slim 5 is the best option in terms of specs and build. The Vivobooks are now known for good build quality, although the specs are on par, plus you can also get 2 years additional warranty with lenovo for just 2k more which I would highly recommend. Lastly, you could also go with HP but you're exchanging a better processor for more RAM which is not ideal. However for day to day usage, I would still recommend the Ryzen processor over Intel models due to having better battery life and efficiency. Also about the Ideapad 3, I would not recommend that since the build is nowhere as good as the the Slim 5. Ideapad Slim 3 is in the same build league as the Asus Vivobooks.

However, the best of both worlds (having an 8core 16thread 5700U and also 16GB RAM) would be this version of the Slim 5. It is slightly over budget at 72k (although still has 6 months EMI), but it is the best option and should last you a good 5 years or more thanks to the super powerful processor as well as 16GB RAM. But if you can't stretch for it, then the 8GB version should also do you absolutely fine.
Ok. You said that Lenovo slim 5 is the best among them all... But what about considering this-

Full name - ASUS VivoBook S S14 Intel Core i5-1135G7 11th Gen, 14" (35.56 cm) FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB SSD + 32GB Optane Memory/Windows 10/Office 2019/Iris X Graphics/Green/1.4 Kg) S433EA-AM503TS

LINK

This has a metallic chasis with i5 11th gen and 8+32optane memory....

While the Lenovo slim 5 has only top surface metal and does not have optane memory.....

What do you say?

Ok. You said that Lenovo slim 5 is the best among them all... But what about considering this-

Full name - ASUS VivoBook S S14 Intel Core i5-1135G7 11th Gen, 14" (35.56 cm) FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB SSD + 32GB Optane Memory/Windows 10/Office 2019/Iris X Graphics/Green/1.4 Kg) S433EA-AM503TS

LINK

This has a metallic chasis with i5 11th gen and 8+32optane memory....

While the Lenovo slim 5 has only top surface metal and does not have optane memory.....

What do you say?
Optame memory does not matter since you already have ssd. The vivo book has "metallic" chassis, not a metal chassis. Plus it has a 4core processor only, compared to Lenovo with 8core processor and bigger battery. If the trade off in battery life and CPU is worth getting a "metallic" chassis, then go ahead. Otherwise you can keep going over infinite laptops and still not make a decision.

Your budget is 70k, not 1lakh 70k. Any laptop in this budget will have some shortcoming or the other. You will have to prioritise what you value. I would personally go for the best performance in any budget since that would ensure longevity of the device, and I take relatively good care of my devices. What good is a chassis if the computer inside it becomes obsolete? Anyway, that's my personal take. Good luck with your decision.

The IdeaPad Slim 5 is equivalent to Zenbook series, which is a step above the Vivobook. You are getting the same chassis as a 35k Vivobook even for a 60k one, since it's still a Vivobook. On the other hand, the Slim 5 is the mid range of Lenovo (Slim 3 is the entry level in Lenovo's mid range, equivalent to Vivobook). So I'll still say that the Lenovo is the best, but rest of the decision is yours.

Also I've already given you enough advice and opinions, so do with that as you wish. Imo go for the Lenovo (preferably this 16GB version of the Slim 5, or at least this 8GB variant ), rest is up to you. "Over analysis leads to paralysis" is all I can say.
OK it seems the 16GB variant is out of stock, but at least the 8GB one is available for now. Go for it while you can.

Last edited:
Optame memory does not matter since you already have ssd. The vivo book has "metallic" chassis, not a metal chassis. Plus it has a 4core processor only, compared to Lenovo with 8core processor and bigger battery. If the trade off in battery life and CPU is worth getting a "metallic" chassis, then go ahead. Otherwise you can keep going over infinite laptops and still not make a decision.

Your budget is 70k, not 1lakh 70k. Any laptop in this budget will have some shortcoming or the other. You will have to prioritise what you value. I would personally go for the best performance in any budget since that would ensure longevity of the device, and I take relatively good care of my devices. What good is a chassis if the computer inside it becomes obsolete? Anyway, that's my personal take. Good luck with your decision.

The IdeaPad Slim 5 is equivalent to Zenbook series, which is a step above the Vivobook. You are getting the same chassis as a 35k Vivobook even for a 60k one, since it's still a Vivobook. On the other hand, the Slim 5 is the mid range of Lenovo (Slim 3 is the entry level in Lenovo's mid range, equivalent to Vivobook). So I'll still say that the Lenovo is the best, but rest of the decision is yours.

Also I've already given you enough advice and opinions, so do with that as you wish. Imo go for the Lenovo (preferably this 16GB version of the Slim 5, or at least this 8GB variant ), rest is up to you. "Over analysis leads to paralysis" is all I can say.
OK it seems the 16GB variant is out of stock, but at least the 8GB one is available for now. Go for it while you can.
Ok. I have bought the 8gb variant (as 16 was out of stock) and now I want to buy one more laptop with same specifications but with atleast of 15.6" screen...

I had to buy a laptop for my sibling but now my parent also needs a laptop for their work. But the only extra requirement is a big screen of a minimum of 15.6" screen.

She is a professor and has to carry it to collage and back to home everyday. So it must be light and portable... So...

Again I am here to ask you... Which one you recommend..
Please..please...please help me...

Back