PC Peripherals Which Low power & efficient PSU ?

Any ideas to improve the airflow in this cabinet ?

Because of the limitations of the cabinet, the layout of the the PSU and mobo is not very good. I guess the heatsink fan is throwing out warm air and the PSU is sucking in that warm air which is not good. :huh:
IMG_9391.jpg

I see a provision for a front intake and an exhaust fan. 80mm ones? You can use them you know! :p

The PSU sucking warm air aint a big issue. Enclosures which come with a top mounted PSU akin to yours does the same.

If you are looking for a low power and efficient PSU, I would say you do not need a PSU at all !!! He he, really !

Morex

There are some DC boards that are available from various vendors for $30-$60. They basically use a external 12v adaptor like a laptop and there is a DC board that mounts to the chasis and provides the 24pin power that your motherboard needs. Works extremely well and is noise free. And if at all something will blow, it is the power adaptor, which is easily replaceable.

Most atom based boards run off such a supply and I recently ordered a Morex case which comes with a pre installed DC board.

^A 12v adapter shouldn't be much of a concern either. Plain DIY! Wonder how long these Pico-PSUs lasts. Have anyone used them before?

all cases have 2.5" bays :| better buy zebby chotu / anna which comes with built in small psu and supports 3.5" hdds also .

Back