Which Media player do u use

^^ totally agree. and the best thing i like about PowerDVD is i can cuztomize it.. mouse scroll = vol up or down.. Page UP/ Page Down = Fwd/Rev.. and the autohide tool bar with tons of options too :D

Well, the features are nice. I am not disputing that. when I used PDVD, I used the mouse scroll for scanning.....

But I dont like the difference in sound. Anyway, now I am using WMP 10 and am happy with it...

BTW, what is QCD in the options list??

well...i've read smwhere that nthing beats itunes for complete media player experience...not even wmp10...which comes the closest :D the new itunes version rocks as will wmp11...scheduled to arrive smtime next year...but still i prefer winamp 5.1 (now with surround sound support ;))

Hasn't anyone heard of 1by1 ? I use it for audio files - small, easy to use and not a resource hog.

And Zoom Player for video. Ditto.

Thanks Greasemonkey ! It actually used Google Translate and tried both the .dll and .exe versions, but they refused to work on my crappy Realtek AC97 onboard sound. I guess I'll have to wait for my X-Fi to use ASIO ;)

Well, I've spent the last 3 hours playing with Foobar 2000, and its awesome ! Seriously ! The amount of configurability and sound quality in the player r0cks !

I'll be posting a guide to Foobar 2000 on TE soon :D...

anishcool said:
Thanks Greasemonkey ! It actually used Google Translate and tried both the .dll and .exe versions, but they refused to work on my crappy Realtek AC97 onboard sound. I guess I'll have to wait for my X-Fi to use ASIO ;)

Well, I've spent the last 3 hours playing with Foobar 2000, and its awesome ! Seriously ! The amount of configurability and sound quality in the player r0cks !

I'll be posting a guide to Foobar 2000 on TE soon :D...
Did you try the ASIO4ALL driver? It generally works on all hardware.

^^ Yeah, I know about that :p ! Nice guide, its the only thing that helped me use Foobar.

Choas, yeah I've treid that, and I did manage to get the (dll) version working ;)

But no real sound improvements, so decided to crap it out...

BTW, Choas what DSP line-up are you using ? I'm on

Resampler -> Eqaulizer -> Crossfeed -> Volume Control -> Advanced Limiter.

anishcool said:
^^ Yeah, I know about that :p ! Nice guide, its the only thing that helped me use Foobar.

Choas, yeah I've treid that, and I did manage to get the (dll) version working ;)

But no real sound improvements, so decided to crap it out...

BTW, Choas what DSP line-up are you using ? I'm on

Resampler -> Eqaulizer -> Crossfeed -> Volume Control -> Advanced Limiter.
I just have Resampler->Advanced Limiter thats it. Never use equalizer or volume control anyway! No use of crossfader either to me.

crossfader is diff from crossfeed. Cross feed is mainly used for headphone users. Funny thing is that on my AL 502is the crossfeed makes everything sound like im hearing it inside a cathedral! Works fine on my regular headphoines though.

ALso, apart from copying over the dll file, is there any other instalation step for the asio plugin? if not...then my ac97 is screwing it over. No diff.

Where do you get the ASIO4ALL driver?

Get the ASIO4All driver from http://www.asio4all.com/

It isn't worth installing it on onboard audio, only works well on PC's with soundcards with the sound card manufacturers own ASIO driver installed. I don't think Realtek has a ASIO driver, but most companies like Creative do.

Crossfeed sound good on my Zalman 5.1's so I'm using it...

Is ASIO4ALL all I need other than the foobar2000 installation file for optimal sound quality? And will it work any good on my sb live value (classic 4.1 model from 2000)?

No, no first you need to have Foobar running. Then d/l the foo_output_asio(dll).dll file from the link right on top of this page.

Then d/l the Creative ASIO drivers and install them. Then in Foobar chose under Preferences in Output tab, choose Output method as ASIO. Then in ASIO (dll) tab choose the device as your Creative S/C...

Hope it helped, I'll post a more detailed guide soon :D ...

I use window's media player always and offcourse Movitime for .mov formats. Real player freezes most of the time. Though because of some formats that won't work in WMV i have to use Real player.

whateve_r:cool2:

Back