Other Which mobile connection from BSNL? How to port number?

Will go for Airtel Or Aircel connection then. Already have a BSNL as primary no need of another one. This one is mainly for data and secondary connection.

Do they both have international roaming? And also how do i get long term validity or life time validity. So that even if i dont recharge for like a year or 2...i can recharge again and start using it. is it possible?

So i shouldn't look for Docomo r8? BSNL already have.

Aircel has call connectivity issues.
So far i never had any call related issues with aircel... this is in bangalore and TN. Otherwise i shouldn't have recommended aircel :)[DOUBLEPOST=1378805220][/DOUBLEPOST]Aircel is not like BSNL.. that every 6 months you need to recharge for plan validity.. But this can happen.
Also they say, international roaming is preactivated... same with airtel too i guess.

Last edited:
I am not talking like plan validity... Just SIM validity..even if i recharge for long.. i can use it after that.[DOUBLEPOST=1378807444][/DOUBLEPOST]Airtel got one... http://www.airtel.in/mobile/prepaid/features

"You can also recharge with Rs.99 Lifetime Prepaid Plan to enjoy Lifetime Validity. Free airtime of Rs.10 available with this recharge."

But are these plans and speeds for real???

Plan Benefit:5 GB at 3G speeds, post that unlimited @ throttled speeds of 80 Kbps till 7GB & at 2Kbps beyond 7 GB

or are they missing some numbers?

i was planning to take a docomo 3g prepaid.

is docomo 3g that bad? i can go for aircel as well, do they offer free 3g roaming ( in other circles where they have 3g; partner roaming not interested)? also, aircel stores seem far and few between, does this simpossible.in thing really work?

i stay around HAL, and work in EC... any recommendations for prepaid 3g in BLR will be appreciated. I can hop on to airtel as well, if they are cheap and good - primary usage will be 3g data and STD only!!!

I also thought docomo was good. But no one seems to recommend. Checked among friends, almost all are in airtel.

I'm using simpossible and use 209 plan. 3g roaming is free(only where aircel has own network). so far i'm happy with aircel :)

good to know, and a few questions :

- can i add extra data? 500mb wont really work for me, say 1/2 gb - is this possible?
- can i get a simpossible sim anywhere else in india ( aircel presence) ?
- can the simpossible to simpossible minutes be used across aircel circles ( ala STD from one simpossible number to another in a different circle)?

Aircel has network only in TN and Karnataka post that the 3G roaming is more or less useless on Aircel.

Yes you can add extra data in Prepaid
Not sure
No

good to know, and a few questions :

- can i add extra data? 500mb wont really work for me, say 1/2 gb - is this possible?
- can i get a simpossible sim anywhere else in india ( aircel presence) ?
- can the simpossible to simpossible minutes be used across aircel circles ( ala STD from one simpossible number to another in a different circle)?
I'm not sure whether you've gone through thier website...
1. 209 plan(which i use) is unlimited 3G data. But speeds vary(3.6mbps till 500Mb and 128Kbps after that). 128Kbps in 3G is sufficient for mobile usage:)
2. simpossible plan available only in Karnataka and Andhra. Easiest option will be, get normal prepaid and then later give request for simpossible migration(i did in this way).
3. No.
For 209 plan, daily 100 mins S2S free(though they say its free only if i call another simpossible user, but it works for local aircel too :) )
400 mins/month other local calls
100 mins/month STD
Also they have very limited recharges..

nAeMaIl.png

Hmm.. I think for Data alone, still BSNL is the best bet. For voice related things i guess Airtel still leads the pack also.

I think my plan is to get 2 sims. Get a BSNL just for my data needs, will do a yearly validity recharges whenever and use the low data rates with my USB Data card. And Get a Airtel sim and port my existing number into that. Will also get international roaming by default. :D

How is this plan?

So. Update time. Got 3 Sims today.

1. BSNL 3G. Just for Data. and I got a E1750 dongle also. Just plugged into the Ainol spark i got from @ayaskant12 and it worked. BSNL network APN and all. Tmrw will do a 49FRC. Cant seem to do it online. :(. Or can it be.
So for data done
2. Got a Aircel sim. :). Activation message got from them. Called the 59059 and confirmed my details. they told me to wait for 2 hours. Will set the language by calling 123 and then tmrw will call the Aircel guys to activate my sim plan.
3. Got a Airtel sim. worst customer care till now. :mad:. 5 working days for activation. And they say for porting they have a different type of sim. :S. No idea what they mean. Anyways took one sim. Waiting for 5 days. :(

So Guys.. which connection i should port my pre existing BSNL number to? Aircel or Airtel? Been hearing many news about no network in Kerala for Aircel also. :S. Airtel is the option, but their customer care is putting me off.
And it seems i need to get another sim for Airtel too. :mad:

Someone said Aircel is stopping Kerala circle, postpaid. Already network coverage is bad[DOUBLEPOST=1379317438][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok. Update time. Porting to Airtel. Gave request today.

Last edited:
Back