Which mobile os has good future good roadmap.

chooza

Disciple
Today, their are so much OS in market and so confusing for end user to judge, for which he should go on. I didn't believe in so called surveys by news channels as they are biased towards one product. Previously, they were gaga over Apple iPhone, now they are going towards Google completely ignoring others.Symbion is to mobile what windows is to Pc,rugged and times tested, but not s single time, I see any new version coverage by these so called Tech Programs. I request all the members of TE to contribute their parts in this so that user like me can be educated and take a realistic decision to spend his "Hard Earned" money.Thanks All in Advance for contribution.

Re: Which is good and future good roadmap Google Android,Windows OS,Apple OS or Symbi

Symbian is no more the 'king of the hill'. The leading smartphone operatings systems are Android, iOS and Blackberry OS. And the future of Nokia's smartphones rely on how well they bring out MeeGo. Symbian is being relegated to midrange to low end Nokia devices.

Re: Which is good and future good roadmap Google Android,Windows OS,Apple OS or Symbi

^^ ho how is that , they are closed door . Android is the future .Just see the android users base , how it has increased over the time .

Ignore Symbian for now.. atleast until Nokia gets its bearings. Nokia is trying to clutch at the quickly slipping smartphone market and they are spreading themselves all over instead of sticking to one.

i.e. Symbian S60, Symbian^3, Maemo (N900), Meego

Go for blackberry only if your requirement is an enterprise email solution.

IMO, there are only two choices - iOS and Android.

Go for iOS, if you want simplicity, controlled and sandboxed experience, easy of use, etc

On the other hand, go for Android if you want customisability, control, cost effectiveness, etc.

Android phones don't seem to have that X factor like iOS, in other words, like iPhone does.
Android is like a normal cake, iPhone is like a truffle or a cheese cake. Former is good but not as good.
As far as the numbers are concerned, iOS is carried by a very few models. Android has loads of models which carry it. So per model, iOS has a very big share in the market compared to Android...
And considering Jailbreaking is legal (in US) now, iOS has become even more attractive

Actually i would differ with all the above and say that Symbian would have the best future. Not the current version of course. i mean S^3 onwards ie the OS which ships with N8 , C7 , E7.

Apps built for S^3 on Qt will be cross compatible with MeeGo apps and even forth coming S^4 apps.

Android is already resulting in fragmentation as several apps are incompatible with devices at fw lower than 2 - 2.1

Symbian will also run all previous gen Symbian applications.

mjumrani said:
Android phones don't seem to have that X factor like iOS, in other words, like iPhone does.

Android is like a normal cake, iPhone is like a truffle or a cheese cake. Former is good but not as good.

As far as the numbers are concerned, iOS is carried by a very few models. Android has loads of models which carry it. So per model, iOS has a very big share in the market compared to Android...

And considering Jailbreaking is legal (in US) now, iOS has become even more attractive
I would differ in this regard. The X factor is different for different people. Personally, I dont like the layout etc of the iPhone. Of course, iPhone users may far outweigh other platforms because as technology becomes a commodity, there will be more people who just want it to work, rather than the tweakers. However, as long as there are sufficient number of people to drive the platform forward, it wont fail.

Going by your analogy, I would say iOS is like a fixed thali, which is good but not everyone likes the dishes while Android is like a buffet where you can pick and choose. Different choices for different people.

It is meaningless to compare models/devices, the platform is the point of comparison. All models Apple and others have almost the same type of hardware, the differentiation is in the OS platform and the applications. Thus it is more pertinent to compare platforms rather than models. This is similar to the case where you compare share of Macs, Windows and Linux (OS)

Anyway, as to the OPs query , I will try to offer a guideline while selecting between OSs

Blackberry - Enterprise Email applications, usually you would want it if your company is using blackberry.

Symbian - No idea, I havent used any of the Nokia OSs, however its fate is still undecided. It is an advantage if the applications are compatible but there is a difference between theory and practical

Android - If you are a power user, like to tweak things as per your taste, want the most features for lesser cost than iPhone, want a device in sync with cloud apps and want a powerful and modern smartphone platform

iPhone - I would suggest people to go for an iPhone unless they specifically dislike something about Apple or want to go with the Android profile above. There is no doubt that iphone is the best looking platform, and has many one-touch features. However, keep in mind that you will have to cough up more cash for the hardware and applications

Bada - Samsung Wave - This is the most preferred device this time, because of features worth 30k being available at 17k. If price is the most important factor and smartphone applications are not absolutely necessary. For the time being consider this as a feature phone until the available applications can cater to most use cases.

^^

Fair guideline.

iPhone does cost a lot more than a standard Android. Though I still find iPhone to have the best touch screen.

Buy blackberry if your friends have it so you can use BB messenger.

I'm not old enough to think beyond this...

Yes go for android it is the best one .And it even suits ur need which is future proof.

And even some Motorola android phone have been rooted so by modding, ur phone can reach a whole new level.

And even Many apps are available for android as i phone.

So either way it is good but i doubt that i phone might be future proof and even Android has variety of manufacturers so you have many options.

Not talking about MeeGo

What do you think is missing in Symbian^3 ? Honestly , i find it difficult to get why people judge something they haven't experienced. I have used the N8 and trust me , this is not the same Symbian. Super smooth all the way !

khanvis2009 said:
no matter how much u hate it .. apple has a future proof phone/os
khanvis2009 said:
blackberry like email and msngr on iphone 4 will be the ultimate OS .. if apple gets a bb like email/msngr on the iphone .. its the end of all other mobile platforms

Unsubstantiated sweeping statements.

Guess we have a fanboy here

Future proof ? Androids notification system is miles ahead. Not too mention iTunes requirement. Its not like the other OSs are just idling around

I am not a apple fanboy but more of a wino fanboy ..android isn't that polished as yet .... a true competitor to ios and android is winmo7 ...the winmo 7 is not out yet , but strong enterprise support is going to make windows a much better Phone .+ the x box integration is something to look out for + ur word excel docs look better on a winmo . U don't have to buy any app to check them !!!. Winmo 7 will take some time to catch up but when it launches it will give apple and android some serious competition .one of the biggest drawbacks of an android phone is the battery life .. !! It's not upto the mark .

Back