Which mobile os has good future good roadmap.

chooza

Disciple
Today, their are so much OS in market and so confusing for end user to judge, for which he should go on. I didn't believe in so called surveys by news channels as they are biased towards one product. Previously, they were gaga over Apple iPhone, now they are going towards Google completely ignoring others.Symbion is to mobile what windows is to Pc,rugged and times tested, but not s single time, I see any new version coverage by these so called Tech Programs. I request all the members of TE to contribute their parts in this so that user like me can be educated and take a realistic decision to spend his "Hard Earned" money.Thanks All in Advance for contribution.

at khanvis i guess galaXy s has good battery life

at vorteX am using a WM mobile till noW even after sWitching to iphone and then android
the notification bar drag doWn in android is cool but What grt things does it do?
i just dont understand Why ppl steal Words from the dictionary of feW revieWers and go gaga even Without analyzing!!

i guess u all knoW S2U2 On WM
just check the level of functionality it offers

most of the times you Wont even need to unlock ur device

dont tell me ios has intelliscreen for that but i didnt find it that functional
if you come doWn to apps for entertainment then nothing beats iphone
but again no divX avi wmv and mkv??
give me a break
you optimize and scale doWn a video to ur device limits and then go gaga over the battery life!!
throW in any file to a capable WM With coreplayer and it Will play it to your hearts content Without a hiccup!!

no file manager still???
cant doWnload files that its broWser doesnt understand!!

WTF......

yes mate but i still prefer winmo .. used the hd2 for 2 months a loved it ... but at this point in time the ios4 is the best phone for me even though i really hate the closed apple os... but since this is a thread about the long term prospects of an mobile os >> i will put my money on Winmo 7 .. . but at this point the iphone 4 is the best phone to have .. android needs a lot of catching up to do but does have a hell lot of potential ..!!

No mention of Windows Os based on Windows 7. Application rich,very user friendly,robust. Not as closed as Apple nor as open as Google one.Supported by almost every major mobile manufacturer.

chooza said:
I request all the members of TE to contribute their parts in this so that user like me can be educated and take a realistic decision to spend his "Hard Earned" money.Thanks All in Advance for contribution.

What does the future of Android, iOS, Symbian, Win Mo have to do anything with your current purchase decision. Mobile phones hardware is not upgradable like computers. If you need a smart phone, you choose one based on your current needs and what you intend to use it for in its life time. Whatever the platform, don't count on getting something new before you are absolutely sure you will get it.

desiibond said:
Symbian is no more the 'king of the hill'. The leading smartphone operatings systems are Android, iOS and Blackberry OS. And the future of Nokia's smartphones rely on how well they bring out MeeGo. Symbian is being relegated to midrange to low end Nokia devices.

Can you substantiate with some proof that shows the stats?

khanvis2009 said:
no matter how much u hate it .. apple has a future proof phone/os

What do you mean by future proof exactly? If its about how long the phone is usable, then I think its only limited by the durability of the phone. I have a working 8 year old Nokia 3310 and a 7 year old Samsung X430. Both are perfectly usable for making phone calls and what ever other functions they supported. Both iPhone and Android phones are usable in the same way without any software updates (though I cannot say much about their durability). A two year old iPhone 3G does not take to iOS 4 too well and similarly Android 1.5/1.6 era phones do not take too well to Android 2.1.
mjumrani said:
MeeGo is a decent platform, but it has a long way to go before it can prove itself.
You are talking about a platform that has not even released. Yes it has a long way to go, but how can you even say that whether it is a decent platform. We don't have enough data to talk about it.

Lord Nemesis said:
What does the future of Android, iOS, Symbian, Win Mo have to do anything with your current purchase decision. Mobile phones hardware is not upgradable like computers. If you need a smart phone, you choose one based on your current needs and what you intend to use it for in its life time. Whatever the platform, don't count on getting something new before you are absolutely sure you will get it.
I'd disagree with that approach. This might be true a few years ago but now, buying a smartphone is a heavy investment and you need to look out for the future. All the money that you would pour into buying apps for the phone would need to be secure, wouldn't it? Also, all your data would revolve around the same workflow according to the phone you choose as well. Again, something very very major which would make you sit and consider the future of your options before making a choice..

That said, iOS and Android, both have a long and bright future ahead, no doubt. The same cannot be said about any other OS right now..

^^ Yes a smart phone costs a bomb, but you buy one based on what you intend to use it for. You don't buy phones based on what features that platform is rumored to get next year. Its plain stupid to buy a phone now hoping that Android 3 or iOS 5 is going to add a certain something. You either buy something that you can use now or wait till what ever you are looking for materializes.

^^ You didn't get the point. I wasn't mentioning the price of the smartphone itself but the investment of money into the platform. Also, by roadmap, it doesn't mean that I have to consider what all features it will get next year, but whether it'd remain contemporary next year or be obsolete.

e.g. (Just a hypothesis) If I think that Android is something that would tide me over for a few years, I can buy an android smartphone and then change it later with another android smartphone. But if Android were to become stagnant after an year and I have no option other than to switch camps over to meego or iphone, all the "rest of the money and data" that I invested into the Android platform and it's surrounding eco-system (not the physical smartphone) would be wasted and i'd have to start over from scratch.

I think andriod has a great future and not to forget samsung's efforts to make BADA os a good platform and even BADA has a future .
iOS is obviously a great platform but it needs to get out of the so called I phone shell and design atleast 3~ 4 different models with iOS or else other OS will swallow it . The design and hardware of all Iphones simliar only the software is different

Back