Monitors Which monitor to buy?

This page shows how to make out the different Samsung 226 panels....

Samsung 226BW A and S series: The verdict (page 1: Introduction) - BeHardware

a picture....

sadw9.jpg

aceman said:
The S-PVA in the dell2007 suffers from the classic color/gamma shift in the S-PVA types. Generally PVA produces better blacks due to the orientation of the PVA matrix crystals but black becomes more pronounced and causes the surrounding color to lose detail. The details would be visible if the panel or the head is slightly rotated. This causes a sort of a Phony 3D effect for the eyes causing severe strain. Also the S-PVA used by dell suffers from horrendous response times making it ill suited for games, in short not worth the 25,000 bucks paid for it. On the other hand the S-IPS 2007wfp is THE BEST PANEL available in India, as I said it is a lottery.
Coming to availability, what to say it is like playing russian roulate. the revision 3 of 2007wfp was mostly S-PVA and with Rev 4 is
a) Only S-IPS for Europe (lucky ba*****s)
b) A bit of both for the Americans ( these guys can return the thing back and get a full refund)
c) A lot more S-PVA for Asia ( why god , why???????)
I have used both these types , IPS in my current office and PVA when I had went to Taiwan. I myself wanted to play the lottery but then again I decided to go for a NEC Multisync the next time I go onsite.If you cannot do this get a guy who knows about panels and buy the 226BW from retail or buy a 226CW.

As far as I know the use panels other than S-IPS in 2007WFP happened only twice till now. That was when Dell ran out of S-IPS Panels and had to use S-PVA Panels in one or two batches to meet demand and most of these were sold in south east Asia and very few in the US. There was a huge cry over it and my understanding is that Dell had never had need to do it again. The second batch where Dell used a Panel other than S-IPS was where Dell had to use the superior AS-IPS Panels, the same that are used in Nec 20WGX2.

Lord Nemesis said:
As far as I know the use panels other than S-IPS in 2007WFP happened only twice till now. That was when Dell ran out of S-IPS Panels and had to use S-PVA Panels in one or two batches to meet demand and most of these were sold in south east Asia and very few in the US. There was a huge cry over it and my understanding is that Dell had never had need to do it again. The second batch where Dell used a Panel other than S-IPS was where Dell had to use the superior AS-IPS Panels, the same that are used in Nec 20WGX2.

And you know this because , well you manufactures the panels or something.Your statement is total :bshit: ? Lets see some hard evidence shall we ?.There are two revisons of Dell panel the Rev 03 and the Rev 04 over which this was spread and is being spread.

In revision o3 the false panel when it first came out the panel make was

RT803: S-IPS LG.Philips
PM330: S-PVA Samsung

This came out in August 2006 from the A03 panels mostly to Asia and the Americas.This panels went till januray 2007 (much more than 6 months trust me).Lets assume your statement that Dell only shipped the PVA panels with only one batch.
By feb2007 a new revision was shipped A04 which should have been using a S-IPS ( hey new batch right) was this all S-IPS ? Wrong.Dell realised that people satrted finding out panel makes and changed the keywords to

HN210,HN216,RT803-S-IPS ( :hap2: :hap2: )
MY232-S-PVA :)) :) :) ), this reminds me of serial port :rofl: :rofl:

Now if these are the from the same panel lot then how come the modle numbers change ? puzzling right ? lets probe deeper.... these are reported in March-August of 2007.Still feel they are the same initial batch,lets just assume that the 2007wfp never got sold so that Dell has been using the same batch for more than a year now :S ?
Dell does play lottery with their panels, to make matters worse the panel numbers are also changed so that people might find it tough to identify the S-PVA panels.
btw Dell using a A(Alpha)S-IPS , you got to be kidding me.The only Alpha -IPS panels are from NEC which I had come accross.The LG-Philiphs is just a S-IPS ( not that this bad or anything).

aceman said:
And you know this because , well you manufactures the panels or something.Your statement is total :bshit: ? Lets see some hard evidence shall we ?.There are two revisons of Dell panel the Rev 03 and the Rev 04 over which this was spread and is being spread.

In revision o3 the false panel when it first came out the panel make was

RT803: S-IPS LG.Philips
PM330: S-PVA Samsung

This came out in August 2006 from the A03 panels mostly to Asia and the Americas.This panels went till januray 2007 (much more than 6 months trust me).Lets assume your statement that Dell only shipped the PVA panels with only one batch.
By feb2007 a new revision was shipped A04 which should have been using a S-IPS ( hey new batch right) was this all S-IPS ? Wrong.Dell realised that people satrted finding out panel makes and changed the keywords to

HN210,HN216,RT803-S-IPS ( :hap2: :hap2: )
MY232-S-PVA :)) :) :) ), this reminds me of serial port :rofl: :rofl:

Now if these are the from the same panel lot then how come the modle numbers change ? puzzling right ? lets probe deeper.... these are reported in March-August of 2007.Still feel they are the same initial batch,lets just assume that the 2007wfp never got sold so that Dell has been using the same batch for more than a year now :S ?
Dell does play lottery with their panels, to make matters worse the panel numbers are also changed so that people might find it tough to identify the S-PVA panels.
btw Dell using a A(Alpha)S-IPS , you got to be kidding me.The only Alpha -IPS panels are from NEC which I had come accross.The LG-Philiphs is just a S-IPS ( not that this bad or anything).

Ok, I did some research and found that you maybe right, they are using Samsung S-PVA in some A04 revision Dell 2007WFP's.

But still, its not easy for Dell to hide the Panel Type. They may change model numbers on the box or the back side of the display. Once you get a Panel, you can easily find out the Panel used by going to the service menu screen.

If its an LG-Phillips S-IPS, the Panel model number would be LM201W01.

If its an Samsung S-PVA, the Panel model number would be LTM201M1.

Also I dont see what so surprising about Dell an AS-IPS Panel. The one I am talking about is LG-Phillips LM201WE2 which is used by Nec 20WGX2. But I had come across one or two guys who claimed that they got this panel in their 2007WFP and they sure were happy. :D

Back