Which MP3 Player Do Ya Own

Ipods are over rated. BTW Ipods werent the first HDD based players I believe Creative Jukebox was the first my bro got one 4.5 years back..

Ipods are over rated. BTW Ipods werent the first HDD based players I believe Creative Jukebox was the first my bro got one 4.5 years back..
True, but there's no single HDD based player that can over-take the iPod in design and substance. The Creative Zen is the only decent competition available to the iPod but it isnt exactly better than the iPod for anyone to consider it over the iPod.

Rio's arent doing too well, and the iRiver's while amazingly sleek in the CD-based MP3 player segment, their HDD based players arent all that great.

Crazy_Eddy said:
True, but there's no single HDD based player that can over-take the iPod in design and substance. The Creative Zen is the only decent competition available to the iPod but it isnt exactly better than the iPod for anyone to consider it over the iPod.

Rio's arent doing too well, and the iRiver's while amazingly sleek in the CD-based MP3 player segment, their HDD based players arent all that great.

Not only in the CD segment. iRiver is the leader even in the flash player segment. And they really are awesome.

Not only in the CD segment. iRiver is the leader even in the flash player segment. And they really are awesome.
Sorry for not mentioning about their flash players, but my focus was more on the company's HDD players and how much of a challenge they pose to the iPods. At the moment, it seems none are able to outclass the iPods in the HDD player segment alone.

First to reply to the blogger's points :
1. Well, I dont see a big inconvenience in using iTunes. In fact the way it categorizes and organises your music on your iPod is a major plus. Also as per sharing of mp3 files with others, its a simple hack - connect up your iPod , it will show up as a removable drive. Browse through the disk and merely enable "View hidden files and folders" and all your Mp3s will show up.
2.As per the non-replaceable battery, the Creative Zen 20GB isnt replaceable either. The Zen Micro(5GB) is replacable. ipodbattery.com sells spare batteries and describes an easy way to replace the battery yourself.

I fully agree with you, there seems to be a lot of fanfare over the iPod, but all said and done it does offer a good all-round well-finished product.

The Creative Zen Touch 20GB is cheap at around 250$ vs the iPod 20GB at about <300$ but lacks in a couple of points to really make it superior to the iPod. The Zen Micro 5GB though is a relatively good product but at around 200$ is a bit more expensive than the competing iPod 4GB at 180$.
I did say, the Creative Zens offer good competition. However nothing substantial to make someone consider it over the iPod. :)

i have a sony nwa3000 walkman with 20Gb HD and 35 hours battery. great to use and has lasted longer than the 3 IPODS I HAVE OWNED WHICH HAVE BROKEN. well worth the £180

1. Winamp
2. WMP
3. I Tunes

All are great MP3 players, pluse they play many other formats too. Size depends from 4 GB to 250 GB...

LOL ...nice take!

As for I,
- Video ipod 30Gig black
- iRiver PMP 120- 20gig Video + mp3

Originally Posted by Aces170
http://poptech.blogspot.com/2005/04/ipod-overrated.html

Creative Zen is awesome and much cheaper.

I disagree....

- High price?: I don't think so....at 300$, the Video ipod is prolly the cheapest Mp3 player with 30gig capacity, even w-o considering the video playback capabilities
I have been trying to look for a decent Mp3 player for my sis's b'day, and I think i'll end up buying an ipod again, becoz Creative/any other company' HDD based mp3 player are a lot more expensive
The nano may be trifle overprice over the cmpetitors, but not by much

- Nonreplaceable Rechargeable Battery: It is pretty much replaceable, at least by moset TE members...Also, the popularity of the ipod ensures that you'd get a replacement batt for a nice price in comparison to looking around at 100 differne tplaces to find a exorbitanly priced replacement battery for your Creative/iriver

My iriver battery will prolly run out in another 6mnths to a year, and am worried abt where i'll find a replacement for it

- Proprietary software: There are some very nice options available. I personally use the ipod plugin for the winamp, as winamp is what i have been using for years, and it's a breeze to tfr songs using the winamp media library
Somehow, i feel that it's considered uber-geeky cool to trash the ipod, and that's kinda unjust...
AM not really being a Fanboy here, as I also have a iriver PMP-120...And as I said, I have looked arnd so muuch for a non-ipod alternative for my sis, and really, there's absolutely no other reasonably priced device (HDD MP3 player) that I could find.....
And BTW The Zen isn't cheap...try doing a search on resellerratings.com/any other price comparison site, and you'' know what i ma saying

Back