Laptops Which Netbook to buy - Asus Eee PC 1000HE or Samsing NC10?

mjkn79 said:
On the contrary the MSI Wind, on which the NC-10 is based is considered to be one of the best netbooks ever built:eek:hyeah:. Google for more info.

Personally i went with an NC-10 for my wife cuz i felt it has a better design and is nicely constructed, now this can always be a personal opinion so it has to differ:p. Please have a look in person before ordering. A Netbook is meant to be traveled with and should be capable enough to handle a few bumps ;)

Coming back to the topic, basically i had the same question in my mind, whether to go with NC-10 or the 1000HE in the end i chose NC-10 over the 1000HE in-spite of the promised 9.5 hours of battery and the Wireless-N. Quite simply because the sammy has been in the market and is a proven product, Now abt Wifi-N forget Wireless-N even broadband speeds in India are stuck between 128-256 kbps on an average, the only advantage of having the Wifi-N is the speed over the LAN for which you might have to change ur existing router.

Coming to battery life the NC-10 with Wifi on gives 6+ hours and close to 8 with Wifi Off , The 1000HE as per reviews will give you close to 9+ but with WiFi Off, in any case it has a slight edge over the sammy.

Both are capable machines but my personal advice as suggested earlier check in person. I was bent on picking up the 100HE as it wud have costed just about 2k more over the nc-10 but am lil greedy n i want a dual core atom with a ION board for that price and will pick one for myself when it comes out :eek:hyeah:

I saw a Chroma store yesterday when I went shopping and had a look at the Netbooks which were available there. They had Acer, Lenovo, HP, Gateway and Samsung. I tried using the Samsung but, the touchpad is very small and I kinda didn't like the Sammy that much. May be because I have already set my mind for the Asus 1000HE.

Now, anyone of you know any store where there is the Asus EeePC 1000HE for display? If yes, please let me know coz I'd like to try out using it before buying.

And yes, Sammy NC-10 is a great netbook as per reviews. Me too. I am thinking to wait for Dual Core Atom or ION and touch screen based netbooks but, can't say when they'll be out :( and that too launched in India.

Guys samsung NC-10 over the stupid asus 1000 HE. Firstly wireless-n is not required for a 'netbook'. Secondly with samsung u get one year of onsite warranty compared to the asus warranty which is carry in, and must be covered by stupid rashi peripherals. Thirdly you check the comparison anywhere, Samsung NC-10 blows ASUS 1000 HE :p.

Corleone forget ion stuff...has already mentioned earlier it will cost bomb...now its launched in japan and they too crying why its costing bomb their....btw if samsung has onsite warranty ill prefer that over asus..since i have bad experience with asus

rushabht said:
Guys samsung NC-10 over the stupid asus 1000 HE. Firstly wireless-n is not required for a 'netbook'. Secondly with samsung u get one year of onsite warranty compared to the asus warranty which is carry in, and must be covered by stupid rashi peripherals. Thirdly you check the comparison anywhere, Samsung NC-10 blows ASUS 1000 HE :p.

Battery life is more important to me than anything. I see that Asus is better in that department. Looks are not that important for me. Plus, the Samsung NC-10's touchpad is too small. I saw it at Chroma yesterday.

Yes, Wireless N is not a requirement. But, I hear Asus has a better keyboard - chiclet style to avoid typing mistakes.

MAGNeT said:
Corleone forget ion stuff...has already mentioned earlier it will cost bomb...now its launched in japan and they too crying why its costing bomb their....btw if samsung has onsite warranty ill prefer that over asus..since i have bad experience with asus

On site Warranty. Anywhere in India or just the metros? I live in the suburbs and so I don't Samsung will provide me on-site warranty? But, they did provide me on-site warranty for my 19" LCD so I guess they should be able to provide the same for my samsung netbook if I buy right?

Yeah, ION based netbooks would cost a bomb. Anyways, Bad experience with Asus? What happened? I've used Asus Mobos for years without a problem? Asus Netbooks no good?

Also, what's the warranty on Samsung's Battery? Asus has 6 months on Battery and 1 year on the netbook itself?

Anywhere I can see the Asus in action?

Corleone said:
On site Warranty. Anywhere in India or just the metros? I live in the suburbs and so I don't Samsung will provide me on-site warranty? But, they did provide me on-site warranty for my 19" LCD so I guess they should be able to provide the same for my samsung netbook if I buy right?

Yeah, ION based netbooks would cost a bomb. Anyways, Bad experience with Asus? What happened? I've used Asus Mobos for years without a problem? Asus Netbooks no good?

Also, what's the warranty on Samsung's Battery? Asus has 6 months on Battery and 1 year on the netbook itself?

Anywhere I can see the Asus in action?

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in .......... :D

When I zeroed in on Asus EeePC 1000HE, I hear and read across the net that the new Samsung N110 is better than it. Successor to the NC10 it has few refinements like a bigger touch pad and better 6 cell battery which gave 7 hrs 28 mins battery while asus 1000he only gave 7 hrs 8 mins. - In laptopmag.com

So, I am back to square one. Which one to get now. I got a quote of Rs. 22500/- for the new Samsung N110 and Rs. 23,850/- for Asus 1000HE

Corleone said:
Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in .......... :D

When I zeroed in on Asus EeePC 1000HE, I hear and read across the net that the new Samsung N110 is better than it. Successor to the NC10 it has few refinements like a bigger touch pad and better 6 cell battery which gave 7 hrs 28 mins battery while asus 1000he only gave 7 hrs 8 mins. - In laptopmag.com

So, I am back to square one. Which one to get now. I got a quote of Rs. 22500/- for the new Samsung N110 and Rs. 23,850/- for Asus 1000HE

COrleone.......it doesnt matter where u stay in india..if its onsite warranty.....they have to send their person.......plus rashi who are the distributors of ASus product here have such bad reputation now that even dealers are not ready to push their product....becoz they dont give u plain replacement if stuffs are faulty they jus play with product....giving other persons damage product to u even without repairing.....

i personally twice got my mobo changed with product which had other issues......and even after being in 2 years warranty...and getting damaged in 10 days they never gave a proper replacement for my tuner card.......Rashi support in mumbai is worst......Their own working guys are not committed to the job and always keep asking the dealers boy how much your owner pays and if any chances of them getting job in their shop.....Plus once they even said that my product is ready and when i made 3 hours trip to their place..the person said who called u hear....

From that day i have stopped using asus product.....

I didnt know if asus netbook after sales support is handled by rashi but if it is so buy, samsung N110 will be better buy.

Personally i had bad experience with samsung as well for their product support. they just refused to reply back or accept their mistake. so i went with asus. Asus had replaced the motherboard of two phones during warranty period as there was issue with the speaker connections.

If i have a problem with 1000he i am going to drop this netbook at prime.

i am happy with 1000he performance. better configs keeps coming with time anyways. whats the offer on N20? did you check the new MSI winds?

Ya if u buy from reputed dealer like prime than its better.....since they are ready to co-operate and they have better knowledge to deal with them rather than us....

Hmm... thanks for the info guys. BTW, I guess Samsung has changed their onsite warranty policy. I see that Samsung India web page shows it as carry-in now :(

But, it's 1 years (laptop + battery) so I guess it should be ok.

Also, any takes on Samsung N110 as compared to the Asus 1000HE?

BUMP :(

Any info or caveats about the Samsung N110? I seem to like and am thinking of getting it. Many reviews show that the new sammy's battery lasts more than the Asus 1000HE

ya on sammy site its written carry in warranty...but atleast its 12 months for battery as well i guess that looks better......let me check kroma ghatkopar this week to check both

Well i saw the asus 1000he finally today and i must say that it is much better in terms of build quality compared to the samsung. The samsung not only feels plastiky but looks like a toy compared to the 1000he. Only if the service of asus was good in india.

Somebody said nc10 was better in build & looks and 1000he was plastic looking. guess its as per individual taste, so have a look at both in flesh and blood before deciding.

With every passing day the equations keep changing, but i thought samsung nc110 is a better deal now at that price.

I am happy with 1000he though. the charger lies at home reducing the total weight of bag. previous lappy managed 2 hours, this one manages two days minus the charger weight, for the same job :hap2:

gigy said:
Somebody said nc10 was better in build & looks and 1000he was plastic looking. guess its as per individual taste, so have a look at both in flesh and blood before deciding.

With every passing day the equations keep changing, but i thought samsung nc110 is a better deal now at that price.

I am happy with 1000he though. the charger lies at home reducing the total weight of bag. previous lappy managed 2 hours, this one manages two days minus the charger weight, for the same job :hap2:

OK. I've decided on Samsung N110 this time. Will be getting it this week.

^^^

Corleone, was curious to know how your N110 is? Hows the battery life and other stuff? :)

There is a very tempting deal for the N110 @Rs.19900 + vat in Bangalore right now, so just wanted to check before plunging in :p

fangface said:
^^^

Corleone, was curious to know how your N110 is? Hows the battery life and other stuff? :)

There is a very tempting deal for the N110 @Rs.19900 + vat in Bangalore right now, so just wanted to check before plunging in :p

Got it 2 weeks back. Is a very cool unit.

Battery life is awesome - whole day computing. Sleepy now. will reply in detail tomorrow. But, you won't go wrong with this. Get it without any doubts in your mind.

pathik said:
^ How much did you get it for?

I got it for Rs. 21,250/-

Currently posting this post via the Samsung N110 over a Wifi G network :p I just installed a Linksys WRT54GL Router and am using the Samsung Netbook to connect over Wifi G. The setup in the Sammy took less than a minute.

Corleone said:
Got it 2 weeks back. Is a very cool unit.

Battery life is awesome - whole day computing. Sleepy now. will reply in detail tomorrow. But, you won't go wrong with this. Get it without any doubts in your mind.

Great! Maybe you could post a mini review of sorts :)

Back