Laptops Which Netbook to buy - Asus Eee PC 1000HE or Samsing NC10?

kippu said:
fangface where is that deal happening?

Hi,
The deal is happening at Bangalore, only through a dealer called Digitechh. They have 3-4 outlets across bangalore.

Anyway, picked up the N110 from them yesterday. Sealed boxed piece opened in front of me and they did the initial setup. HDD came with 2 partitions and 1 hidden recovery partition. Pricing was Rs.20,800 (19990+4%vat) and they threw in a a cheesy 256mb :)tongue:) mp3 player as a free gift :rofl:

Overall, i am more than pleased with the N110. I have never used the atom platform before and this little machine has more than enough power for all mundane stuff. Boots much faster to XP than an old Athlon rig i have!

Great build quality, very comfy keyboard. It has a glossy screen, but it didnt bother me at all, nice viewing angles and colors. Samsung doesnt load it up with too much crap other than a few of their apps and tools which are actually pretty decent. Overall, the N110 looks and feels like a quality product and is a very well put together little computer :D

fangface said:
Hi,
The deal is happening at Bangalore, only through a dealer called Digitechh. They have 3-4 outlets across bangalore.

Anyway, picked up the N110 from them yesterday. Sealed boxed piece opened in front of me and they did the initial setup. HDD came with 2 partitions and 1 hidden recovery partition. Pricing was Rs.20,800 (19990+4%vat) and they threw in a a cheesy 256mb :)tongue:) mp3 player as a free gift :rofl:

Overall, i am more than pleased with the N110. I have never used the atom platform before and this little machine has more than enough power for all mundane stuff. Boots much faster to XP than an old Athlon rig i have!

Great build quality, very comfy keyboard. It has a glossy screen, but it didnt bother me at all, nice viewing angles and colors. Samsung doesnt load it up with too much crap other than a few of their apps and tools which are actually pretty decent. Overall, the N110 looks and feels like a quality product and is a very well put together little computer :D

Good for you. Am happy with it as well. I feel good that I didn't get the bulky Asus 1000HE :D

Congrats Fangface, am sure the sammy will keep up to its name

One site which has a plethora of info for sammy netbook which you should check out iis : http://www.sammynetbook.com

Unfortunately when i bought the NC10 for my wife, the N110 was priced close to 23 or 24k .Nevertheless the NC10 is performing flawlessly and my wife is more than happy.

I just hope Samsung comes out soon with an ion based netbook running a dual core atom, then i might get one for myself ... :)

mjkn79 said:
Congrats Fangface, am sure the sammy will keep up to its name

One site which has a plethora of info for sammy netbook which you should check out iis : http://www.sammynetbook.com

Unfortunately when i bought the NC10 for my wife, the N110 was priced close to 23 or 24k .Nevertheless the NC10 is performing flawlessly and my wife is more than happy.

I just hope Samsung comes out soon with an ion based netbook running a dual core atom, then i might get one for myself ... :)

Hey thanks, I have already been spending way too much time on sammynetbook.com , especially on the threads for tweaking settings to improve battery life and such :)

MAGNeT said:
wayback.....

nc10 wasnt allowed to b released other than USA i guess....

whts its price if its available here..any idea

Why wasn't it allowed to be released. You could find them at Chromas in India. Now, I guess they have N110 which is launched to replace the NC10. I got the N110 for Rs. 21,250/-

ohh sorry its nc20 i guess....and than nc20SE..my bad...good price...i still havent got one...will of course pick it its ard 20k stuff

Did you check Acer Aspire One 751h??

11.6" Display with 16:9 resolution

1gig ram

160gig hdd

1.38kg weight

around 5hr battery backup.

buBleZ said:
In "youknowwho and the one that must not be named forum" there is a dealer selling Asus 100HE for 22996 + shipping(around 150rs) :)

hey corleone can u actually tell me this dealers name or post a link
thanks

Prime offering

1005HA 22k

1008HA 27.8k

1101HA 27k

which one should i get i need maximum battery with good processing power...and which samsung model is equivalent or shd b gone for....

Also can i find the prices chaper anywhere else?

MAGNeT said:
Prime offering

1005HA 22k
1008HA 27.8k
1101HA 27k

which one should i get i need maximum battery with good processing power...and which samsung model is equivalent or shd b gone for....

Also can i find the prices chaper anywhere else?

Out of these get 1005HA but if you can find 1000HE get that.
Also check Gateway netbooks as they are now available for 22k(a month back it was 26-28K).

aman.pitbull said:
Out of these get 1005HA but if you can find 1000HE get that.
Also check Gateway netbooks as they are now available for 22k(a month back it was 26-28K).

1005ha is the latest entry from asus as 1000he is phased out...

Btw where do u get gateway netbook in mumbai i wont mind amd one.....as i m getting much more ram and hddd for 22k ..have checked some malls but they dont even keep basics like asus and samsung...just the one which they want to sell at exorbitant price

Back