Which of these 2 PSUs is a better buy?

Slayer88

Adept
Hi folks which of these ATX PSUs is better?

Antec NeoEco 850
Or
Deepcool DQ850m - V2L

I want the Antec for its reputation but its costlier and has 7 years warranty (vs 10 for the Deepcool)

Seems like these are best priced on Amazon considering the 10% HDFC discount.

Happy to hear any better recommendation at this same price point.

TIA

Well... Antec is good but that particular unit has tripping issues with high transient load GPUs like 3080 and above or 6800XT and above.
On the other hand this Deepcool unit fails to work under 90V AC input voltage (not a concern in India).

My personal experience is with the same Deepcool unit but 750W. I've used it with 2700X and RTX 2080 and RTX 3070. Never had any issues while on full stress tests as well for last 10 months. So I'd say go with Deepcool!

Well... Antec is good but that particular unit has tripping issues with high transient load GPUs like 3080 and above or 6800XT and above.
On the other hand this Deepcool unit fails to work under 90V AC input voltage (not a concern in India).

My personal experience is with the same Deepcool unit but 750W. I've used it with 2700X and RTX 2080 and RTX 3070. Never had any issues while on full stress tests as well for last 10 months. So I'd say go with Deepcool!
Thanks for your input :) Where do you guys get such detailed info on the various faults of these PSUs?! Great help to know that tripping issues plague that model.

I too want to buy the Deepcool, but the thing I fear, what if Deepcool isn't around in 10 years? :sob: :eek:

A little research and time investment never hurts....

Additionally, reading review articles of shortlisted units to compare.
Deepcool has wide variety of products in the market and is a 25 year old company. I won't worry about them just disappearing.

A little research and time investment never hurts....

Additionally, reading review articles of shortlisted units to compare.
Deepcool has wide variety of products in the market and is a 25 year old company. I won't worry about them just disappearing.
Thanks! I had the LTT link, but never the numbered [1] legends at the bottom. I should have Googled about DC to see before I made that comment. I assumed they are like 10-12 years old. Thanks again.
What's your max budget?
Antec HCG 850w, Silverstone DA850 gold are better alternatives

Thanks for your suggestion, the DA850 is in the same Tier C as the Deepcool so I am not sure if it warrants the higher price. I'm trying to see if i can stretch my budget to manage the HCG Gold, its currently running at 9.2K which is cheaper by a few 100's than the US price! It will fetch me better resale value than the DC i assume too.

Why would you want to resell a PSU which is already high wattage and 80+ gold rated? The whole point of buying a good PSU is that you can carry it over to multiple builds.
Remember PSU is the only component in PC which does not get outdated if you have done a well thought purchase.

In 2018 I did a mistake of buying a VS450 and 1 year later I upgraded to 2700X but with a 1050ti which was still fine and this year I got a 2080 from a member here in Jan, I had to get a PSU upgrade. Went with the Deepcool unit for 750W and no regrets, now running a 3070 with 2700X. I won't be upgrading to higher power consuming components ever so this will last me long.

Why would you want to resell a PSU which is already high wattage and 80+ gold rated? The whole point of buying a good PSU is that you can carry it over to multiple builds.
Remember PSU is the only component in PC which does not get outdated if you have done a well thought purchase.
Agree, but who knows what the future holds, relocation of country of residence, radical changes in PC industry, me suddenly hopping on the SFF bandwagon, etc.

Thanks for your suggestion, the DA850 is in the same Tier C as the Deepcool so I am not sure if it warrants the higher price. I'm trying to see if i can stretch my budget to manage the HCG Gold, its currently running at 9.2K which is cheaper by a few 100's than the US price! It will fetch me better resale value than the DC i assume too.
Oh I didn't know they had it listed there, last time I checked it wasn't there. Your only good choice is HCG, for 9.2k it's a good deal.

Not relevant for your 1 on 1 comparison but consider this anecdotally. I don't have experience with other brands but for last 10+ years with Corsair TX 650, 1000, 1600 have had rock solid stability with 24x7 operations but in general you get what you pay and as mentioned above PSU's are the last place to skimp since if they malfunction they can bring the rest of components down very easily.

Hi folks which of these ATX PSUs is better?

Antec NeoEco 850
Or
Deepcool DQ850m - V2L

I want the Antec for its reputation but its costlier and has 7 years warranty (vs 10 for the Deepcool)

Seems like these are best priced on Amazon considering the 10% HDFC discount.

Happy to hear any better recommendation at this same price point.

TIA
I would suggest you get the XPG Core Reactor 850W at your local marketplace. Should set you back at ₹10000. But well worth the price and is very close in performance compared to the RM850X from Corsair.

It's good enough for a RTX 3060ti. Moreover I previously had Antec Atom V550, it damaged all of my components during a power surge in my area. I had to RMA all of them.

Back