Audio Which one is better ? Ultimare ears UE900 or Westone 4R or Shure 535 ?

Which one is better ? Ultimare ears UE900 or Westone 4R or Shure 535 ?
Presently I have Ultimate ears TF10 .
I listen to all types of music . I will be using with laptop or cellphone .
Without any AMP which suits better while using with portable devices .
TF10 lacks bass that's the reason for upgrade ;)
Requirements : Easy to run on portable devices . Widesound stage , Absence of sibilance .

Thanks for reading . Please show your inputs :)

TF10 lacks bass so say no to UE900, Westone 4 & SE535.

My recommendations would be:
JVC FX-700 (V-shaped SS, most probably what you are looking for).
VSonic GR07 B.E.
Yamaha EPH-100

TF10 lacks bass so say no to UE900, Westone 4 & SE535.

My recommendations would be:
JVC FX-700 (V-shaped SS, most probably what you are looking for).
VSonic GR07 B.E.
Yamaha EPH-100
Thanks for your time and replying for this thread .
I need detachable cable :( I get scared while using high end earphones with fixed cable .

Well, then I think you should go with the CIEM.

Much higher TF10 sound, you can get in Thousand Sound TS842. Amazing quality punchy bass with amazing quantity.

Earsonics SM64 is the only option then with a similar or may be hair more bass than the TF10 but with very different sound signature + detachable cable.

According to reviews: Two dedicated bass drivers in westone 4 tuned for bass quality and accuracy rather than quantity. SE535's bass is also flat.

If you feel TF10 lacks bass , you probably need something more on the lines of Sennheiser IE8 / IE80 . Bass lovers top end IEMs . :)

According to reviews: Two dedicated bass drivers in westone 4 tuned for bass quality and accuracy rather than quantity. SE535's bass is also flat.
Okay thanks for the inputs :p[DOUBLEPOST=1377160546][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you feel TF10 lacks bass , you probably need something more on the lines of Sennheiser IE8 / IE80 . Bass lovers top end IEMs . :)
I guess u must have tried it personally . Can u please give comparision between TF10 and IE8 , bass + soundstage + crispness and sibilance :p

Last edited:
I am still saying that if you loved the sound signature of TF10 and want more bass so I think that you should get the FX700 but you need to forget the option of detachable cable. I'm tagging @esanthosh as he will be able to help you more than I can as he personally listened to both the IEMs. :) Hope it helps.

TF10 lacks bass? I've never considered it so :).

SE535 has a flat bass, which is good in extension and quality, but the quantity is definitely lacking. I even doubt SM64 would have enough to satisfy your bass needs. I don't know about W4. In general, dynamics are better at the bass end of the spectrum compared to BAs irrespective of the number of bass drivers.

EX-1000 has the best combination of bass quality and quantity I have heard so far. It has a wide sound stage and comes with a detachable cable. I've not had issues with sibilance or treble hotness, though some people do. EX-600 could be considered as well. The only worry is if you are after big quantity, it may fall short on that front for you.

FX700 is a great fit in terms of signature and as abhi_jollyguy mentioned, an upgrade to TF10's V-shaped signature. But, it has a few complications with usage, none of which bothers me. Firstly, it has a very short cable, which is fine when using with Clip+ pinned to the shirt, but not long enough otherwise. You would have to use the extender cable that comes with it rest of the time. When using with the short cable, at times, it has got yanked accidentally, but nothing has happened to the IEM so far. Secondly, it's isolation is not good. It's not very leaky and should provide good enough isolation when used in quieter surroundings, but I have not bothered to use it outside.

Faheem's suggestion of IE8 (more bass, but slightly veiled mids, great sound stage) makes more sense if you want it all. It has the detachable cable you need as well. IE80 is similar, but slightly different. I have heard neither and hence cannot comment on how they exactly differ from TF10.

I'd try either IE8 or FX700.

At about 300 USD the Heir Audio 3.Ai is another option. Was a fun, warm sound with plenty of bass. I ended up buying the Tzar 350 which is quite different but had a chance to try the 3Ai as well. Seems to be in the same price range as your other options. If its hard to source then the IE8 is an option you should take a look at.

@ esanthosh :
I think its better to go with IE8 , detachable cable is necessary . FX700 was suggested by many members before but bought TF10 .
Yes I read in few places and all said dynamic drivers produces more Air hence the quantity . EX-1000 is very pricey . My budget is somewhere 400-450$ . But due to increase in dollar I guess its better to buy asap .

Okay thanks for the inputs :p[DOUBLEPOST=1377160546][/DOUBLEPOST]
I guess u must have tried it personally . Can u please give comparision between TF10 and IE8 , bass + soundstage + crispness and sibilance :p

I used to have TF10 before I got the IE8 . I loved them but got bored of the sound and the fact that I was spending a lot on the comply foam tips every few months to get a perfect fit made me think of trying out IE8 .

Being an deep house / trance / electronica lover , bass was priority. Between the TF10 and IE8 -

TF10 - bass in good quantity and goes pretty low . Very fast bass with authority due to the balanced armature . IE8- more bass and sub bass than TF10 , even on lowest bass setting . Not as fast as TF10 but very deep and warm bass which I love with the music I listen to .

Midrange- TF10 extremely neutral / border line v-shaped (some consider it V-shaped) but I found them close to balanced/ neutral. IE8 - midrange , more on the warmer side and sort of lush vocals.. not as warm as Head-direct RE1/RE262 though. Good clairty .

Treble- TF10 very well extended and great sparkle without getting much sibilant . Loved the treble on these.

IE8- Slightly less sparkle and extension than TF10 probably . No where lacking in treble but not as bright as TF10 maybe.

Soundstage- IE8 wins hands down . One of the best soundstage Ive tried in an IEM , very wide and spacious . TF10 in comparison seems mediocre though it has a pretty good soundstage.

So overall if you are looking for a warm bassy sound with spacious feeling , IE8 is a good bet if you can get it for ~16k new or 10-11k used its a good deal . The IE80 is also very similar sounding I believe with minor tweaks/ improvements.

Otherwise the FX-700 , Sony EX-1000 would ofcourse be a much better product at higher price range.

@faheem : Thanks for your time and showing the exact comparison between two . You gave the proper comparison what I was expecting . Thanks for clearing my doubts .
FX700 is scary for me with fixed cable . My monster turbine died coz of damage in cable and Klipsch Image S4 also died by same reason . No more fixed cable :(
How to get new for 16k ? :confused:
Finally decided to buy IE8 for its spacious sound and for the bass quantity :p[DOUBLEPOST=1377413887][/DOUBLEPOST]@Being.smart : how much you are paying for that ?

IE8 is discontinued so its unlikely you will get the new .. the one's on eBay are usually fakes . Used IE8 or new IE80 are the only options of you want to go the IE8 route.

Back