Graphic Cards Which one shd I go for?

Hey guys,I would just like to know which gfx card I shd go for mainly because of BF2 I'm changing it.
But since I wan't to control my funds for the Xbox 360,I just wanna buy the
128 MB GeForce FX5700 or the 128 MB Radeon 9600SE(the reason I had doubts in the FX 5700 is tht ppl seem to complain tht the FX5700 has issues with hl2 and lots of other games,dun know if it's true but it wud be nice which wud be a better card to buy for my bf2).

well if you want the card for BF2 then none of them would really perform good. BF2 is FPS. You need as high FPS as you can have ideally. And BF2 chokes even 6600 class hardware in engagement. On these cards you will have to turn everything to minimum and 800x600.

If thats what you are ok with then get 9600SE. but whats the price you are getting these cards for?

9600 SE is a 64bit card there is no way the game will even run at 640*480 on it, you will need a minimum of a Geforce 6600 GT to play that game.

Fx is a hopeless series forget abt it.

Aces170 said:
9600 SE is a 64bit card there is no way the game will even run at 640*480 on it, you will need a minimum of a Geforce 6600 GT to play that game.
Fx is a hopeless series forget abt it.

yes minimum is Geforce 6600 GT to play new games.
if you are short of cash buy a second hand 9800pro you can get them for 4000 to 5000/ ;)

Hey monkey, found your bananas in Dust2? :bleh: :bleh: BTW i have a 5700Ultra, and play BF2 on 800X600 everything medium, textures low. The graphics at those settings look closer to Half Life 1 than HL2 lol. And if you still wanna buy a 5700 series card, I plan on selling my card next week. But still you're better off with a 6600GT minimum, just like you had before. It comes up for sale on TE pretty frequently, and if your lucky you can have one for a sub 7k price. :)

My 9600 xt plays BF 2 very well at 1024 x 768 medium settings , no glitches ... dunno the current prices though :)

Wow! U guys reply faster than a postman running frm a rabid dog:eek:hyeah: ,well if it's 6600 GT then I would go for tht,since my technician said he would be able to get me a good gfx card at good prices,lemme inquire the price of the 6600 GT.

By the way which is better is it Nvidia or ATI?
Seems like my Xbox 360 could be in trouble:S

i think best buy wud be a BIG 6600GT for 8-9k ......

but i wud suggest u to have minimum of 1 GB ram for BF2 ..... if u have 512MB it wud lag ......

Though I really miss my 6600GT:( ,I would still love to buy it but If I'm lucky i might be able to get it arnd 7k,or buy whatever card I can get and play it at whatever settings is possible,oh and if playing bf2 at low settings is like playing HL1,then there's nooo way tht I am gonna play in tht settings,besides
apart frm bf2 the upcoming source maps will be HDR implemented so tht could leave a possibility tht I can't play in the sorry excuse for a card I've got.

So guys which is the ideal card for bf2 and I would also be checking ebay for gfx cards.

Oh,btw guys does anyone know the price of Geforce 5800 and 5950?

I dunno why people flame the FX Series so much.

My FX5200 lasted longer and gave better performance then the 9200

The FX and ATi 9 Series (Except the 9800 Pro, which came out a long itme later) both were on par.

But i guess becoz ATi's 9800 Pro crushed all the nVidia FX's people hate em.

Anyways go for nothing lesser than a 6600GT.

No use going for a 9700 Pro or 9800Pro now for that matter...

The FX and ATi 9 Series (Except the 9800 Pro, which came out a long itme later) both were on par.

FX series was a total let down on Nvidia's side, infact with PS 2.0 shaders the 9600 XT outperformed the fx 5950 U on many games. 9800 pro came out before Fx 5950U, and 9700 pro came out 6 mths before FX 5900U. Fx5800 was/is one of the bigest mistakes by any gfx company..

None of the FX cards will play BF2 at medium settings even at 800*600 .

Hi!

LOL what do you guys think.. should i Upgrade my card?? I have a Geforce MX 4000 128MB card.

budget is around 6-7K Most prb getting from US..

thanks!

Ashwin

^^ Geforce MX 4000 afaik is the most pathetic card Nvidia could ever coe out with. A 6600 GT easily falls in your budget if you are getting from US.

Hey fellas is the Geforce 6200 card any good,though I'm still waiting to hear the price of the 6600GT card frm my technician and I gave up on the offer of getting a Geforce 5950 FX card for 6k..though I heard tht was wht many of the gaming cafes used here in b'lore(Hope my decision of giving up the 5950 offer is good).

:( Guys I can't buy the 6600GT card cause the tech guy said tht my motherboard would not be able to support it(my motherboard is an intel 845GV),so does anyone have any ideas of any other cards tht my motherboard would be able to support and it doesn't matter if I can play the game at 800*600 resolution(not less than 800*600 resolution) but I hope it wouldn't be the graphics like as in Half-Life 1.

My mentality has been diminishing ever since I see tht my bf2 copy is lying around gathering dust(btw do monkeys have mentality?).

If you are going for a 6200 get the one with 128 bit memory interface (thought they are hard to find) , you can easily replace the hsf and oc it, and if u get one of those older 6200 ones u might be able to unlock the h/w masked 4 pipes making it comparable to a plain 6600.

Back