Graphic Cards Which one shd I go for?

madmonkey said:
Was gonna buy the 6600GT,but heard ppl r telling tht the card is a power hog and it overheats ur system:( .What do u guys think abt this?
Well winter is coming early to Delhi this year, whoever told you the 6600GT is hot is going to have a mighty warm oven if he feels that the FX series is better. Those cards were a let down due to the power requirement and the heat they generated!

Was gonna buy the 6600GT,but heard ppl r telling tht the card is a power hog

I disagree with the heat issue. One thing is true though - you do need a good PSU to run that card! A cheap no-name low-wattage PSU will do no good, and most probably the card would down-throttle and not operate optimally due to lack of power.

On the other hand, a good PSU would benefit the rest of your system as well !

Chaos said:
^^Plus the noise they made as well :p. Remember the 5800U dustbuster?
LOL its good that Undertaker is not a regular anymore, otherwise it would start all over again, surprisingly all the newer Nvidia fanbois are oblivious to the FX series :bleh:

In any case Nvidia has covered up a lot, and currently I would go for the green team :hap2:

BF1983 said:
Have to agree with Chaos. I too had a 6600 Gt with a no name 300W PSU. Card used to hang frequently.
Yup... heat is not a problem but a good PSU is definitely a necessity. You need a PSU with atleast 17-18A on 12V rail.

madmonkey said:
Which PSU brand is good and how much is it?:huh:

Antec & Cooler Master are good.

In my choice get any one from the following -
1) Antec Smart Power 2.0 400 Watts Power Supply for Rs. 3500.
2) Cooler Master Extreme Power RS-430 430 Watts Power Supply for Rs. 4000.
2) Antec True Power 2.0 430 Watts Power Supply for Rs. 4900.

:S Visited abt 5 shops for the 6600GT card but all out of stock and I have to wait :S for 1 month for it to arrive,btw they r asking me if I wan't the 6600 card,Is the 6600 a good card(especially for bf2 and css)?

^^ stay away from the 6600 non GT if you can afford the 6600GT....gives upto 30% lower perf..the non GT compared to GT

:) Isn't there any other way without opening the cabinet cause let's just imagine it this way...

The monkey a.k.a me opens the cabinet and then suddenly Ooooh! I have never seen tht before,ooh! wht does this do and then it's this:crash: and further more it's this :Comp2: and finally the end result would be like this :food7: ,oops! hehe I mean it would be like this :eek: (image censored as it is too violent for other systems to see and no I didn't mean ppl)

So don't even trust the monkey with the job of defusing the bomb even though there is a defusal kit with instructions.

funkymonkey said:
well if you want the card for BF2 then none of them would really perform good. BF2 is FPS. You need as high FPS as you can have ideally. And BF2 chokes even 6600 class hardware in engagement. On these cards you will have to turn everything to minimum and 800x600.
If thats what you are ok with then get 9600SE. but whats the price you are getting these cards for?
BTW one of u guys change your siggy.....tooooo many monkeys here...what's that like 3 now....:bleh:

And The radeon probably would be better unless u can get a 256meg 5700...
I have 1 of these cards on my P3 and it runs well... (never run BF2 though)...

I'd suggest a 6600(256 meg) if u could swing it should be 3K less than a GT...

I have already decided on the GT version but it's tht I dun wan't to have any probs with the card like some ppl experience when they have insufficient power for the card and I am mostly buying it for css and bf2 also the damn expansion pack is released so I don't wan't any players having any advantage over me when I play online like where they can scale walls using grappling hooks while I have to be target practise.

I didn't know there are 3 monkeys in TE,besides it's a sign of great things to come like:hap2: monkeys ruling over humans,MUAHAHAHA,man tht feels good.

Back