Laptops Which one to choose

_sHocK

Disciple
Hi guys!! :)

I am looking for a laptop with the following constraints/criteria:

-Main use : Gaming (Online), Analysis (ANSYS, Matlab), so the performance shd be good, Movies and music.

-Also if its more like a desktop replacement, its fine cos i won be carrying it arnd. I wud have bought a desktop but i already have 1.

-so this shd be robust, (i don want a nursing baby tht cries for service all the time so i am negating dell)

-Budget is 30 -40 k (so i am negating hp, compaq)

-can compromise somewat on looks as no one sells boxes these days and avg. looks will do..

-btmline - performance/cost ratio matters... durability, sreviceless performance wud add to the credentials.

Config-wise:

Intel C2D

320 gb hdd (i don need a monster internal hard drive)

Pls suggest a 1TB external storage (for backup)

&How different is a 4 GB diff from 2 GB. (ppl who are going to say 2x, pls don post.).

I mean in any present day case, the processor shd be the limiting factor right??

Model-wise:

i have seen acer 5738.. all is good but it doesnt support gaming.

hows zenith??? i have seen a review here and config is good (Zenith-Product Details)

but not many first-hand comments available.

Comments welcome:cool2:

Configuration wise nothing can beat Zenith Lappy at that price point...!!!

But I don't have any experience with Zenith products, so I cannot comment on the reliability factor.

I had one old 1st generation zenith Director laptop, and all in all the build quality was decent for its price point. But it used to generate a lot of heat. After more than 3 years now, it is still working OK. I replaced the failed hard disk (after about 3 years), and the battery does not retain any charge.

One thing is sure, parts for zenith lappies are not so easily available and are costly too. I wanted to change the laptop battery, but zenith guys quoted me 9K for that!

So, I think reliability of the new ones will be pretty decent, but may be at same levels with other well-known brands.

In Acer, there is a 5738G model available that is equipped with a Nvidia Geforce G105 with 512MB Dedicated Graphics. So, this might suit gaming purpose. This should be available for around 40K.

Back