Which one - WDTV (Rs 5475) Or WDTV Live (Rs 6582) ?

Guys

waiting for update from fastraj

He has WDTV Live & has told in this thread that he will test this firmware. If torrents are working then we are good to go. I see lots of complain still on rad's site.

I am sure each one of you like to shutdown your comp & let WDTV download your stuff overnight without noise & minimum power ;)

Guys, I have managed to hack the WDTV to run linux and do whatever I wanted. I have already explained the process in this thread :

http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-electronics/hack-wdtv-into-networked-snazzy-media-149725.html

And Im sure the next question will be if I tried torrents in specific ! I did not, but I got Samba working on the WDTV. So installing Transmission (the torrent downloader for Linux) should be a breeze.

I would love to get my hands on the WDTV Live for 6.5k if there is a GO. Let us know.

Praks said:
Thank you.

I am more inclined towards WDTV Live

Did someone try this one ? It shows WDTV Live working with torrent.

B-RAD WDTV Optware tips #3 – bittorrent with rtorrent

Please confirm if any WDTV/WDTV Live user has tried above method & working fine.

@vinayaga

Great post. Already saved it.

Were you able to install Utorrent on it ? Would like to know if you get any port forward issues ? I dont have any requirement of samba server, just looking for torrent.

If you were able to make it work on WDTV then I am sure WDTV Live will be easy breeze coz it already has RJ45 port.

Please do try Utorrent & Give feedback.

(You are in bangalore so possibly meet up & talk to the guys from where we can have Bulk deal or GO)

@vinayaga

Sure, pls do try with Utorrent. Would be great if you can post method with screenshot as you did earlier.

Once successful, we are good to go.

Thanks for views guys.

Waiting for vinayaga, He is the guy who modified & gave full process for WDTV.

I am sure he will be doing his review on WDTV live by this weekend.

Why do you want to run utorrent , running it on a linux distribution would require WINE et al , rtorrent and the likes would be lighter .

Back