Storage Solutions Which Pendrive should I buy?

Hotstuff

Skilled
Hi,
I need a pen drive that is decently built (to be used in college), has decent transfer speeds,etc etc.. in the range of around 1k, not more preferably. Kindly suggest the best pen drive in this range.. I am asking coz i aint got much idea about pen drives, as i have never bought one...

thanks in advance

I m using Kingston Data Travellor which I won in THL OC Contest, it looks good, good speeds. Reliable. Corsair, Bufallo, Transcend all r good brands. Ask Supra he has reviewed many.

+1 for Transcend . kingston are little costly but has more warranty . Both are good brands . Stay away from noname brands selling cheap sticks. You cna get 2 gb transced for ~400 and 4 gb one for ~800 .

Just pick up Transcend Corsair Kingston or SanDisk. Nothing except these.

Transcend is VFM. Pick it up, i am using one since one year no probs at all!

There is not much to differentiate between the pen drives from decent companies. Even if one is faster by couple of MBps it wont make much of a difference for your work. Get any 4GB one which looks good and suits your taste. :p I bought the Kingston for its 5 year warranty.

What I would like to know is, where can I get the Data Traveler Secure Privacy edition 2GB and for how much.

For a budget of 1k , its down to Corsair Flash Voyager 4GB. If that is not available Transcend V10/V60 4GB or Sandisk Cruzer Micro 4GB. All of them should be arnd 800 bucks or so :)

I would suggest Corsair or Kingston for college use.

Kingston DataTraveller was good for 4 years of my engineering and never gave up. It even went for a little trip to my washing machine with my jean pant.

Although now a days I guess Kingston PDs are coming with that push click type sticks which is a strict NO NO coz it gets spoilt easily.

Get a one with a CAP like corsair voyager and not the push button one.

Back