Budget Above 40k Which phone would run smooth for at least 3 yrs?

mysticrainman

Disciple
Any recommendations for a phone (other than iphone pro/galaxy ultra variants - can't afford these) running close to purchase day performance for at least 3 yrs? My OnePlus 8t is beginning to show its age. Apps are lagging.. and I don't even game on it.

Last edited:
My brand new Samsung S22 didnt even last half a day out of the box.. i basically had to fight with the shopkeeper to return it.. it was THAT bad, i dont expect any better from them.. I've had the S8, S9 aand S22.. all had the worse battery life i have ever seen.. Pixel 6A was slightly better but still way worse than my OP 10T and lets not forget the heating issues on samsungs.

my OP 10T has a 150Watt charger.. literally takes a 15 min charge to get you a full day worth of juice.. stays cool af and is cheaper than a samsung s23.

but to each his own.. i personally have sworn to never goto other brands.. unless they bring the charging speeds up.. i'm the kind of person who always forgets to charge the phone.. and its the most annoying thing when you just want to sit in bed and just use your phone and now u have to charge it for 1.5 hours to get it to 100% (i experienced this the most with Pixel 6a.. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE charging speed and it gets so hot its basically unusable while charging)

My brand new Samsung S22 didnt even last half a day out of the box.. i basically had to fight with the shopkeeper to return it.. it was THAT bad, i dont expect any better from them.. I've had the S8, S9 aand S22.. all had the worse battery life i have ever seen.. Pixel 6A was slightly better but still way worse than my OP 10T and lets not forget the heating issues on samsungs.

my OP 10T has a 150Watt charger.. literally takes a 15 min charge to get you a full day worth of juice.. stays cool af and is cheaper than a samsung s23.

but to each his own.. i personally have sworn to never goto other brands.. unless they bring the charging speeds up.. i'm the kind of person who always forgets to charge the phone.. and its the most annoying thing when you just want to sit in bed and just use your phone and now u have to charge it for 1.5 hours to get it to 100% (i experienced this the most with Pixel 6a.. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE charging speed and it gets so hot its basically unusable while charging)
The S22 was universally criticised for its battery life, due to the presence of the hot-turd, Samsung-made SD 8 Gen 1.

I don't know what different were you expecting from your use case scenario.

S series have lower capacity batt, and due to higher consumption (screen refresh rt, et etc) you will not get very good backup
Better to go for A series samsung phones.

What about a Pixel? I was thinking of getting it as my next device. Suggesting it because it will get updates for quite some time and later if you can root the device and using a image from XDA will be good as they support Pixel a lot

dont bother with the Samsungs! absoletly pathatic battery life.. slow charging speeds at 18W or 20w or whatever they have right now..Same goes for the pixels aswell.

get a Oneplus 100-150 Watt charging or an Iphone for longetivity.
Don't buy Exynos Samsung phones or any phones with S888 or 8 Gen1. New 8 Gen 1+ & 8 Gen 2 are good in terms of efficiency.

Also, flagships have lower battery life than midrangers in general. Like S20FE 5G has a decent battery life IMO, I used to get ~5hrs SOT when it was new, but my uncle feels it is low as he moved from a mid-ranger, some Samsung F series phone with a 6000mah battery.

25W charging is slow by today's standards for sure.
I'm done with OnePlus after my experience with 8t. And 22+ is too big for my hands.
Avoid S22 & S21 series because of poor efficiency SoC.

So S8,9,10,21,22 have been absolute trash and yet we want OP to take a chance with S23 again :D

Its very simple tbh..

if you want longetivity and best camera and small size: iPhone
if you want to buy a phone from the most un-reliable company atleast based on there track record: Samsung.
if you care about regular updates: Pixel - but be prepared for trash battery life and the same issues that plagued the exynos chips.
if you want fast charging, big screen but camera is not that important: Oneplus

So S8,9,10,21,22 have been absolute trash and yet we want OP to take a chance with S23 again :D

Its very simple tbh..

if you want to buy a phone from the most un-reliable company atleast based on there track record: Samsung.
if you care about regular updates: Pixel - but be prepared for trash battery life and the same issues that plagued the exynos chips.
I had an S835 powered S8, used it for 4 years. It was a good experience. Just try to stay away from inefficient SoCs, you will be mostly fine. S888 & 8 Gen 1 were made by Samsung fab, hence the inefficiency which plagues exynos as well.

OP's oxygen OS was a top tier android UI, but now its just Color OS of oppo with a stock android like theme to make it look like oxygen OS. IMO One UI is the top android skin if you want a custom UI. Pixel's obvious con is exynos, even though they have throttled it a lot. Pixel 7 has ok battery life, but S23 has better battery life with a smaller battery because of an efficient chip.

I can start listing about cons of iPhone starting with the big notch, but android vs iOS war is pointless. People used to iOS might not shift to Android & vice versa. I know people who shifted to iPhone based on its status symbol, but are missing small features that android had but iPhone doesn't.

So just pick your poison IMO. Samsung's issue with non-Exynos phones like S23 is price. Color OS has surely improved a lot, so OP 11R & 11 are fine choices as well.

dont bother with the Samsungs! absoletly pathatic battery life.. slow charging speeds at 18W or 20w or whatever they have right now..Same goes for the pixels aswell.

get a Oneplus 100-150 Watt charging or an Iphone for longetivity.
Currently using 45W fast charging on my S22 Ultra. It's only available on S22+/S23+/S22U/S23U. S22 and S23 has 25 Watt charging. It's kind of a bad thing that S22 has only 25W, I agree. 45W is sufficiently fast for my usage.
Regarding battery life, it's average. It's sufficient for my use. I expected more when I bought it. Start at 9 am with 90% battery. With SOT of 3-4 hours during the day I will end with 35-40% at 10 pm. It was noticeably worse the first week i bought the phone. I think the phone adapts from your usage for first 1-2 weeks.
S23 series has much better battery life, since its Sd 8 Gen 2. Im using Sd 8 Gen 1.

Last edited:
So last week, I got the s23. I have to say the feeling of using it has been superlative till now. The size and weight is lovely for the speed of the device. The screen and overall touch/feel of the device is super-premium (like the price I guess lol).
I was also considering the iPhone 13 but I looked at some videos where they highlighted the small differences between ios and android.. and I realised too much work for me haha.

the new nothing phone 2 seems to be really good on paper, these days android is really stable imo, you dont need many updates if at all, I would suggest to just get a phone with 12gigs of ram and at least 256 gigs of storage, 128 is too low for me, I am really regretting purchasing my edge 30 fusion because of 128 gigs of storage, its too low for me

Its very simple tbh..

that's not a good take at all, One Plus build quality is some of the worst I have ever seen, those phones are not durable at all. In fact motorola and nothing are some really great contenders in this price range

the new nothing phone 2 seems to be really good on paper, these days android is really stable imo, you dont need many updates if at all, I would suggest to just get a phone with 12gigs of ram and at least 256 gigs of storage, 128 is too low for me, I am really regretting purchasing my edge 30 fusion because of 128 gigs of storage, its too low for me

that's not a good take at all, One Plus build quality is some of the worst I have ever seen, those phones are not durable at all. In fact motorola and nothing are some really great contenders in this price range
I do agree with the 128gb point. I got the 256gb version , which for s23 gave the storage speed a boost to ufs 4.0

Where did you get it from? and cost?
How is the battery experience?
Got it from samsung corporate shop (only advantage I would say is the free accidental damage and liquid damage insurance) mainly because I wanted the lime color and that's not easily available in my area.
~68.5k (you can easily get similar rate at offline shops like reliance digital)
Battery Easily lasts a day for me. I have to admit I'm not a power user though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230703_194351_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20230703_194351_Device care.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 70
Back