PC Peripherals Which Printer - inkjet or laser?

I am using the Brother B7500D printer since 2021.
The toner that it uses, original toner from Brother itself costs Rs. 840 - 900.
I have changed toner only once. One toner gives around 2500 page output. This printer is hardly used once every 2 months.

Toner - TNB021 is used by this printer.
Very cheap toner available original from Brother itself. Search for this toner on Amazon. It costs Rs. 817 currently.

Take a look at this brother DCP-B7500D Multi-function Monochrome Laser Printer on Flipkart

As someone who has had experience with both laser and inkjet then, how is the sharpness of the texts with ink compared to laser? My usage is mainly text based prints.
Considering you can go up to 1200 dpi (not that I ever do), text sharpness is not an issue at all.

The provided ink bottle has an yield of 8300 pages as per Canon, so I don't think a new bottle will be needed for another couple of years considering home usage volume. Even otherwise, the original bottle is available for around 500 bucks and 200-300 for compatible ones. Considering that, the consumable cost is around 5 paise per page.

The listed MRP is usually high, but I just checked and it was available for around 6k last September.

Only thing to consider when switching from a laser printer is the lower printing speed (not an issue at home) and to allow some time for the ink to settle compared to toner.

Last edited:
I hated running over or sending the help to a local shop to get print outs and them possibly retaining a copy of the document. Even though only a few important documents need to be printed per month, the convenience of having a printer readily available for me/family is a big stress reliever. even if it lasts 3 years I'm fine with it. One thing you should take care is keep the printer away from humidity.

Throwing in my recommendation. Brother HL-B2080DW. it’s a monochrome laser wifi duplex printer with airprint built in. Not for everyone though. It’s slightly pricey at 13500 after discount. It’s got fast yet quality duplex printing. Airprint integration was the main reason I chose this over other models, as it makes printing from any Apple devices dead simple for anyone in the family.

coming up on one year, very happy with it, bought for 12500 after discount in September 2022.

let me

Amazon Link
Flipkart link

I am using the Brother B7500D printer since 2021.
The toner that it uses, original toner from Brother itself costs Rs. 840 - 900.
I have changed toner only once. One toner gives around 2500 page output. This printer is hardly used once every 2 months.

Toner - TNB021 is used by this printer.
Very cheap toner available original from Brother itself. Search for this toner on Amazon. It costs Rs. 817 currently.

Take a look at this brother DCP-B7500D Multi-function Monochrome Laser Printer on Flipkart

Hello respected Brother Laser Monochrome Printer Owners,

As I gather you both own the same family Printer model that comes with TNB021 Consumable which is the main concern. So question for you both;

(1) Did you get 2500 pages out from the tonner? Or is this just your rough assumption? My expectation is anything over 1500 pages - OK.

(2) How much is the drum assembly cost? Did you change? Also any input Drum Assembly replacement interval - Real world scenario.

(3) I know there is a must-have function called - 'Tonner Intensity' or something - Like lowering the powder usage full to 80% to 20%....Is this thing available in the Single Function Model? I know it may be available to the ALL-In-One Model, but Single Function Model?

(4) If there is any service need I know BROTHER don't bother much with Tier 2 Cities - Someone wrote a review at Amazon, This manufacturer doesn't bother to provide service in Bengaluru - So what about your city? Are you both from Top Tier City?

(5) One more question (to all) - I'm interested in buying Non Wi-Fi Base model due to lack of functionality/complication / Chip implementation - The failure rate will be lower right? Hense no service is needed only consumables Tonner and then Drum Assembly.

Last edited:
Hello respected Brother Laser Monochrome Printer Owners,
As I gather you both own the same family Printer model which got TNB021 which is the Toner Consumable which is the main concern. So question for you both;

1. I’ve not even printed 200 pages in the past 1 year
2. Haven’t changed it yet
3. No clue about this setting, I’ll check and get back
4. Check here, I can’t get the site to load https://www.brother.in/en/support/contact
5. I don’t think taking wifi or non-wifi will impact service requirement. WiFi modules usually work fine and don’t need service. At least that’s what I’ve seen.

Has any of the mentioned laser models seen good discounts in the ongoing sale? I've added 3 models to cart, P1108, 2900B and brother b7500d.
One thing I've noticed is HP and Canon original cartridges are rarely available, while brothers is. In terms of third party cartridges, do they provide good quality comparable to originals?

Bought p1108 in bbd sale. Took some all-text-based prints but I'm not particularly sure whether these are good quality. The texts are not really sharp! Some have artifacts as well. Compared them side by side with prints taken from shops i see that those are better and those are from ink printers. Not sure what I'm missing here. Aren't laser printers supposed to give better text quality than ink?

Checked hp app settings. All are default. Like fastres 600 or whatever. Any idea hp printer users?

Back