CPU/Mobo Which proc. is better

rahul09

Disciple
I am planning to buy a processor but am confused to go for which one - Intel or Amd.

My basic work on it is gaming, normal browsing and of course downloading through torrents.

I used to play all the games available on my laptop - Dell Studio 1555.

But it is not enough.... i want more so please friends suggest about it.

1. Which processor is good for gaming Intel or Amd.

2. I have Tagan 600W PSU, Samsung 2233SW monitor,CM690 cabinet, 3 sata HDD of capacity 1tb, 500 gb, 160 gb

3. i am planning of purchasing

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 550 Ti and​

[font=Helvetica, Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif]Corsair Vengeance CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 4GB X 2 DDR3 Ram[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif]4. i had XFX Geforce 9400 Gt but i sold it off.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif]My shortlistings are : -[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif]Intel i3 on Intel DH67CL B3 LGA 1155[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif]Guys please suggest.[/font]

13 views and zero reply .....friends please give ur suggestions.

#Jakob #ALPHA17

IMO, i3 + H61/67 is a good option. If its overbudget, go for the Pentium G620 + H61/H67.

Also, skip Vengence and go for Ripjaws.

#rahul09, go for this combo if it falls in your budget,

Intel Core i5 2320 ~9500/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x 2 1600MHz modules ~3400/-

GTX 560 [non Ti] ~10500/- [better performance than the GTX 550 Ti and it is future proof in the face of AMD HD 7*** series cards that have been released]

Else, go for --

Intel Core i3 2100 ~6200/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-

GTX 560 ~10500/-

OR in extreme budget situation as #vivek.krishnan has already mentioned the G620 will also do well.

*Please note non of the above RIG's can be over-clocked, if you want an over-clocker friendly RIG you'll need to buy the following components minimum --

Intel Core i5 2500k ~13100/-

ASUS P8Z68M-PRO ~9500/-

[rest configuration same as above]

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

It depends on ur usage scenario.

The core i3 is roughly equivalent in sheer gaming to a phenom ii X4 955/965 and in some cases the 975

and also in terms of pricing.

If yopur a person who :

1. Loves to multitask.

2. Overclocks

3. Is ok with higher heat. elec consumption a damn noisy stock fan...Go for a AMD phenom ii X4

Else your better off with the core i3 2100

use this comparsion tool :

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/2

This is the best rig-

Intel Core i5 2320 ~9500/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x 2 1600MHz modules ~3400/-

Sapphire HD6870[Beats Gtx560 non-ti] ~10500/-

Hope this helps.

The noisy stock HSF from AMD actually gets the job done unlike the Intel one --> http://www.thinkdigi...ndy-bridge.html.

It's logical that it do..when packed with copper heatpipes compared to the hollow aluminium can from intel
<

it means that intel processor with stock heat sink fans are usless as compared to AMD

whats the diff. between Vengence and Ripjaws

Yes, we meant to say that overall the stock HSF bundled with the Intel processors is not as efficient as the one that is bundled with AMD processors. The AMD cooler dissipates heat more effectively thanks to the design itself.

Corsair Vengeance RAM kits are by Corsair Memory Pvt. Ltd. based in California, and RIPJAWS is a memory kit by G.Skill Pvt. Ltd. based in Taiwan.

it means that intel processor with stock heat sink fans are usless as compared to AMD

whats the diff. between Vengence and Ripjaws

As #ALPHA17 noted above, they are from differant companies. However, it seems that Ripjaws is better than Vengence at the same price points. This is due to two things, first the design of the ripjaws is better than that of vengence, so it can dissipate heat more better. Secondly, ripjaws overclocks better.

As #ALPHA17 noted above, they are from differant companies. However, it seems that Ripjaws is better than Vengence at the same price points. This is due to two things, first the design of the ripjaws is better than that of vengence, so it can dissipate heat more better. Secondly, ripjaws overclocks better.

The vengeance has extremely flimsy plastic heatsinks.. that means the heatsinks snap when even mild pressure is applied.. further they are also not firmly attached to the DIMMs.. This is the reason for improper heat dissipation.. also the heatsink is very tall and obstructs many air coolers and ram slots.. This is the main reason to avoid vengeance.. the gskill on the other hand is compatible with majority of the coolers and also overclocks very well.. further it is cheaper..

Back