Car & Bike Which Scooty/Scooter to buy?

Hey guys help me in buying the best one of these.
- Honda Dio 2012
- Honda Activa
- Piaggio Vespa
- Honda Aviator
- Any Mahindra Scooters
- Suzuki Swish/Access

Please help me decide which one is the best in terms of performance , mileage and durability.
Thanks.

Who will be driving the scooter? Access and Activa are both good but Access is better than Activa.

Aviator is also a good choice.

Because one my closest friends died in a bike accident 2years back. So my parents are reluctant on getting me a bike! I had told them to get me a pulsar 135 but they refused so i agreed for the scooty/scooter. 50Percent of something is better than 100Percent of nothing!

sorry to hear tht .. go ahead mate. gud luck fr ur buy :)

I am thinking of Dio for my Mom and would suggest you the same. Its zippy since its fiber and not metal. Plus it has got some great looks. The ODO not too great but who cares when the scooter is a beauty to look at.

i would suggest you take a test drive and choose the best one. As far as i know i think the Dio, Activa and Aviator have same engine.

i would suggest you take a test drive and choose the best one. As far as i know i think the Dio, Activa and Aviator have same engine.
True. Will go take a test drive for aviator and dio as i dont like activa it is too old i know the dio is too but then it has a new looks this year!

I am thinking of Dio for my Mom and would suggest you the same. Its zippy since its fiber and not metal. Plus it has got some great looks. The ODO not too great but who cares when the scooter is a beauty to look at.

I feel the activa is very uncle-ish and the aviator girly (maybe because of its italian looks?) Hence going for the dio for obvious reasons which are looks and it also has a 109cc engine which makes it have the same engine like aviator and activa.

Do try the access its got better pickup and almost noiseless.. Its 125cc.. I have both activa and access so I know access is better..

Vespa looks slick.

IMHO stay away from Honda, atrocious pricing , mediocre mileage and no place to put 3rd party parts (only original honda parts are available which again comes at a premium)

Coming from a long time activa user. I'll say give the vespa a try should be a like a breath of fresh air.

IIRC, the Vespa is priced at over 60k, which makes it costly than the Hondas. Also, the retro look of the Vespa might not be to everyone's liking.

@OP: I've been using an Aviator for the past 6 months, and I find it much better in terms of ride position and quality compared to my brother's Access. Anyway, seriously, you need to take a test ride of all the vehicles you are considering, and decide which one suits you best. Mileage wise, I think there will be very little to separate the scooters in this segment.

Vespa looks slick.

IMHO stay away from Honda, atrocious pricing , mediocre mileage and no place to put 3rd party parts (only original honda parts are available which again comes at a premium)

Coming from a long time activa user. I'll say give the vespa a try should be a like a breath of fresh air.

I know vespa is the newest Scooter in the lot but then its heavily priced and paying 70k on road for a scooter is kinda foolish IMO.

IIRC, the Vespa is priced at over 60k, which makes it costly than the Hondas. Also, the retro look of the Vespa might not be to everyone's liking.

@OP: I've been using an Aviator for the past 6 months, and I find it much better in terms of ride position and quality compared to my brother's Access. Anyway, seriously, you need to take a test ride of all the vehicles you are considering, and decide which one suits you best. Mileage wise, I think there will be very little to separate the scooters in this segment.

Yes you are right Vespa looks nice but then my Dad used to use LML Vespa and it reminds of that :p ( minus the new italian looks ) + Its heavily priced and not available now in West Bengal. I'll test drive the dio and the aviator or access. If the mileage will be same in all 3 then i might go for the one which suits me best just like you said.

be prepared for long waiting periods if you plan to order Activa,.

Activa is out of the question as i dont like its looks.

Also have a look at Hero Maestro
rupeesicon.gif
54,028/- (On Road Kolkata)

Honda Dio Dude !! Its simply best looking motorscooter in the market right now(After the refresh) & comes with the reliability of Honda...

- Any Mahindra Scooters

Please help me decide which one is the best in terms of performance , mileage and durability.
Small piece of advice.Just stay away.
Worst mileage.Using a friend's Duro for a month and is sucking my pocket currently.
Waiting for the rainy season to finish to get a bike.

rajveersingh09;16701.03 said:
So my parents are reluctant on getting me a bike!
Me too having a bad time convincing my parents
The aftermath of an accident on both the vehicle would be somewhat same unless you consider yours and others life precious.
Whether its a bike or a scooty, drive safe.

Honda Dio Dude !! Its simply best looking motorscooter in the market right now(After the refresh) & comes with the reliability of Honda...

Yeah! I am looking forward to taking that only once i do the test ride of all the others.

Small piece of advice.Just stay away.
Worst mileage.Using a friend's Duro for a month and is sucking my pocket currently.
Waiting for the rainy season to finish to get a bike.

Me too having a bad time convincing my parents
The aftermath of an accident on both the vehicle would be somewhat same unless you consider yours and others life precious.
Whether its a bike or a scooty, drive safe.

I know the aftermath will be the same but tell that to my parents. They say a bike makes you show style and speeds and a scooty will keep you on the safe side! (lmao) That is actually true. Will stay away from Mahindra Scooters. Thanks :)

Go for Honda Dio bro. You can have a good pickup and also stylish looks compared to others. But as mentioned by Dark Star, it was bit pricy and also the same for spares. But the handling will be nice. All the best Bro and Wish you a Happy Birthday in advance.:)

Back