Car & Bike Which Scooty/Scooter to buy?

My Vote is for Activa ..... however be prepared for long waiting periods. I've used mine for over 21,000 kms & just the regular maintenance (oil changes). The original battery gave me lots of problems at the start (after 3 months) before I threw it out & replaced it with EXIDE. Averages 40 km/litre.

Vespa offers best quality and looks but too expensive for a scooter

Go for wego or access or maestro all should give fine service.
in my opinion activa / aviator is not worth that much waiting period

Go for Honda Dio bro. You can have a good pickup and also stylish looks compared to others. But as mentioned by Dark Star, it was bit pricy and also the same for spares. But the handling will be nice. All the best Bro and Wish you a Happy Birthday in advance.:)

Thanks a lot bro :) Yes even i want to go for the dio.

My Vote is for Activa ..... however be prepared for long waiting periods. I've used mine for over 21,000 kms & just the regular maintenance (oil changes). The original battery gave me lots of problems at the start (after 3 months) before I threw it out & replaced it with EXIDE. Averages 40 km/litre.

The people in the Honda showroom said that its ready no waiting period!

See this overdrive scooter comparison, should help a bit ...

Overdrive: The scooter worth your money

Jeez thanks for the video. Now i'm thinking to take a test ride of Swish as well!

Regard's Activa & "no-waiting" period in Kolkata (I presume)......You are lucky. Here in Mumbai, it's almost 12 months & even then you end up paying 4-5 extra grand to get delivery.

The Dio also is cool. Remember here in India both the "Activa & Dio" are like Maruti's - servicing is easily available & spares too anywhere you go.

Lastly - Drive Safely & Always use a Helmet.

All the best in whatever you choose.

Regard's Activa & "no-waiting" period in Kolkata (I presume)......You are lucky. Here in Mumbai, it's almost 12 months & even then you end up paying 4-5 extra grand to get delivery.

The Dio also is cool. Remember here in India both the "Activa & Dio" are like Maruti's - servicing is easily available & spares too anywhere you go.

Lastly - Drive Safely & Always use a Helmet.

All the best in whatever you choose.

12 Months of Waiting Time :O I had gone to the Honda showroom they told me no waiting sir you can pick it up the day you want to!
Thanks !

12 Months of Waiting Time :O I had gone to the Honda showroom they told me no waiting sir you can pick it up the day you want to!
Thanks !
My friend got an activa 6 months back.
The showroom people gave a waiting period of 4-6 months.Ultimately he paid 1-2k extra for immediate delivery since he needed it desperately to gift it to his dad on his birthday.

My friend got an activa 6 months back.
The showroom people gave a waiting period of 4-6 months.Ultimately he paid 1-2k extra for immediate delivery since he needed it desperately to gift it to his dad on his birthday.

This regularly happens at Honda showroom. My neighbor paid 3k.

I went to the Honda Showroom today. I saw both the activa and the dio. I liked the dio. My cousin bought an activa today. It was ready and he will get it tomorrow. As for Dio waiting period for the color i want is 15days! So would book it in a couple of days! :)

I have ridden aviator and Activa (new models).

Want to put my feedback (completely personal).

the Engine response and pickup - Both Activa and aviator are similar. less noise. But nothing near to old Kinetic DX 2 stroke.

Vehicle handling: Activa is best. proper weight, steability, leg room, seat position, all.. Kinetic is bit light weight, but similarly spacious.
Aviator is really bad. totally cramped. I guess that's y they tried to make more visual appealing..(though activa win easily if you look properly)

Road grip: activa and aviator both skids if you are bit careless. So take care.

Combi break is a great idea. But need to adjust properly. Otherwise deadly. Better use both levers and use your skill to break rather than trusting the combi.

Activa back suspension is very very hard... will hit your spine.
Front suspension is okey until you hit a hump in every sharp angle. IT will make a screeching sound.

I felt Aviator back side is a bit smoother.
Reg the mileage, with Activa I get 55 to 57 in city normal riding.
No data available for aviator.

1 definitely check out the tvs wego as well.
2. Both the activa and the dio have a crappy old fashioned suspension setup at the front which you will feel on bumpy roads. Only the aviator out of the hondas has the current telescopic front suspension. Same with the wheels, aviator and wego have larger wheels, means better handling.

Back