Car & Bike Which small car ?

Switch

Skilled
I am looking for one and dont really know what to go in for...

The choices:

Palio Disel

Swift Disel

I have a small budget of 5L or so. Ride comfort and fuel economy is one of my major concerns. Already own a 1.2 Palio Elx so i dont think dad would be in favour of the palio. Already have a santro in the house so don't think i10 or santro would be an option.

Also what are the effective prices after the price drop.

TIA

Switch

P.S. How is the new Ford option with the attractive schemes.

Last i heard it was 5.7 On road but i think in Delhi it would be slightly cheaper.
Havent driven the new Vista but that also isnt exactly cheap and personally i feel that the Swift has better handling compared to the Vista.

+1 for the vista. it has better ride comfort than the swift ( not as much as the palio though)

and it fits your budget :)

the ownership experience will be midway between fiat and maruti.

Disclaimer: tata fanboi and indica owner :ashamed:

IIRC 200mph has a vista.

greenhorn said:
+1 for the vista. it has better ride comfort than the swift ( not as much as the palio though)
and it fits your budget :)
the ownership experience will be midway between fiat and maruti.

Disclaimer: tata fanboi and indica owner :ashamed:

IIRC 200mph has a vista.

dont know about his family car, but IIRC 200mph has a Swift. And thats what I would recommend too.

Ride comfort and fuel economy is one of my major concerns.

Swift feels pretty jittery on bad roads...

It may not transfer the shocks in the passenger cabin, but the experience isn't very confidence inspiring (I have a petrol swift)

The ride comfort is fine though

Apaprt from the jittery feel, and somewhat bad visibility from the driver seat (which could be major downers for some, for me, they indeed are), there isn't really much to malign the swift for

The Ikon fits the bill fine, but be prepared for obscenely high maintenance bills

My average outlay on a 10K service for the Swift is ~1-2K

for the Opel (much maligned for high maintenance), it's 2-3K (one exception being the last - 60K service which hit me by 12K...apparently 60K is a major service)

A friend's Ikon always hits him over 10K each time it goes for service

The swift comes with crappy stock tyres.With better tyres it will be more confidence inspiring.

80 profile tyres is scary :p

superczar said:
Swift feels pretty jittery on bad roads...

It may not transfer the shocks in the passenger cabin, but the experience isn't very confidence inspiring (I have a petrol swift)

The ride comfort is fine though

Apaprt from the jittery feel, and somewhat bad visibility from the driver seat (which could be major downers for some, for me, they indeed are), there isn't really much to malign the swift for

The Ikon fits the bill fine, but be prepared for obscenely high maintenance bills

My average outlay on a 10K service for the Swift is ~1-2K

for the Opel (much maligned for high maintenance), it's 2-3K (one exception being the last - 60K service which hit me by 12K...apparently 60K is a major service)

A friend's Ikon always hits him over 10K each time it goes for service

So Ford is not an option. And my sis owns a Swift Petrol and i can relate to what you are saying.

Btw guys i wont be driving the car too much as my office from my home is almost 2Kms away at the max. And i don't go out of the city much. What are the current onroad prices of the LDi and what the approx waiting period.

Petrol and diesel versions come with different suspension setups, and I dont think its wise to compare ride qualities of petrol and diesel versuions :)

Why are you going for Diesel if your runs are so short?

The only complain I have about swift is the same as any other Suzuki vehicle I have owned in the past. After few months its starts to rattle. Something starts to irritate you. Some can ignore it, some cant.

If you want a small car for short city runs, why dont you consider the Chevorlet Spark or Hyundai i10. And if you want little power to go along with the small size you can always go for i10 Kappa. Spark will b very economical for you. It comes with 3 year complete cash free warranty, so for 3 years you dont have to spend any money on spares / parts / labor. And its got good fuel economy. Its perfect for city driving.

Okey lets see with 5L i can also opt for the Ford Fiesta with the new price till 12th Dec. Its a petrol car but makes much much more sense then the Swift Petrol...

well isint there going to be price cuts? or thats what u were referring to above?

Maruthi has announced 18k-26k price cut on its Swift effective from tomorrow btw

If your running is gonna be less than 1000-1500km a month, then it makes sense to get a petrol. The fiesta after price cuts will be a really good deal now.

Back