Which to buy HTC Legend,Nokia e72,Nokia n97 mini

spirit

Disciple
Hi Friends,
This time i am buying the phone for me and after lot of discussions i have shortlisted these 3 phones for me. Suggestions would be welcome:
I have skepticism about HTC like how is it performance and one should wait for the desire or legend is fine enough?
anyone using HTC legend, his inputs will be highly appreciated.

hmm. unless you want that full qwerty hardkey pad, Legend trumps both N97 Mini and E72 pretty easily

1) AMOLED dislay

2) bigger ROM

3) higher 3G speeds (N72 has better speed here).

4) faster processor

5) thinner and lighter.

6) Android 2.1

7) aluminium unibody resulting in very good build quality.

one thing lacking is video call camera (secondary front facing camera)

Thanks a lot for replies

nokia n-97 does not have capacitive display?

qwerty keyboard is one of the thing which i am looking :) and therefore not able to final HTC legend.

Moreover does HTC legend value for money @26k??

and a bit comparison about legend and desire will also be helpful. to be very fair i dont i may able to use the full strenth of 1Ghz processor of desire but even then is it worthwhile to wait for desire too?

spirit said:
Thanks a lot for replies
qwerty keyboard is one of the thing which i am looking :) and therefore not able to final HTC legend.
and a bit comparison about legend and desire will also be helpful. to be very fair i dont i may able to use the full strenth of 1Ghz processor of desire but even then is it worthwhile to wait for desire too?

in that case, you can check Moto Milestone. 3.7" capacitive touch, android 2.1 etc etc.

Moto Milestone available in India? what's the price.as a matter of fact droid also has qwerty but on expensive side and its touch sense also not as good as Htc . this is what i have heard.

manu1991 said:
HTC Legend : 3G: Up to 7.2 Mbps download speed

Nokia E72 : HSDPA, 10.2 Mbps; HSUPA 2 Mbps

Did i miss something ?

yeah. Actually, I was comparing it with N97 Mini. which has HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps. To clear the confusion, added a comment to 3G speed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Coming from iphone, I think OP will struggle with E72.

also, I would like to point out the ***possible*** release of next gen iphone by June, which could make everything very interesting. the next gen iphone looks to be one hell of a phone and along with iphone OS 4, it can pull ahead of the competition.

@spirit, It will be reasonable if you can hold on to your iphone 3G till June/July and save few more bucks and get the newer iphone when it is released (unlocked from australia or Europe).

I would love to own a iphone 3g :). i only own ipod touch third generation :) and after that when i happened to use nokia touch screen it was no where in comparison to apple :)

But I dont think my budget will allow me to increase it to 30k+ (though i would die to own a iphone 4 :)), as i am planning to buy a DSLR cam too and therefore have to balance both.

is droid better than legend? apart from qwerty keyboard which has not got good review(as keys are flat).
Legend has unmatchable looks but just want to be mroe sure that is it looks only or performance wise too it beats others.
a bit of comparison between legend and desire will be greatly helpful.

desiibond said:
yeah. Actually, I was comparing it with N97 Mini. which has HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps. To clear the confusion, added a comment to 3G speed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Coming from iphone, I think OP will struggle with E72.

also, I would like to point out the ***possible*** release of next gen iphone by June, which could make everything very interesting. the next gen iphone looks to be one hell of a phone and along with iphone OS 4, it can pull ahead of the competition.

@spirit, It will be reasonable if you can hold on to your iphone 3G till June/July and save few more bucks and get the newer iphone when it is released (unlocked from australia or Europe).

SoulFire said:
dude get the HTC Desire @ 29.5k , will beat the sh*t out of all these :p don't think twice n the legend costs about 24k
I am thinking about it but 29.5 k :). and is it available ? i thought it will be released in may end.correct me if i am wrong

@spirit, HTC Desire is in a totally different league. And that league has players like Xpreia X10, Nexus One and few ASUS phones.

Desire is Nexus One's sibling released by HTC for the world :)

SoulFire said:
its available , go grab it eyes closed

you mean desire? i will then try to enhance my budget :) . but can someone compare the both phones means what really are the advantages in terms of an indian user of desire over legend

SoulFire said:
its available , go grab it eyes closed
But it's not there on both htc website as well as on univercell.

spirit said:
you mean desire? i will then try to enhance my budget :) . but can someone compare the both phones means what really are the advantages in terms of an indian user of desire over legend

HTC Desire vs. HTC Legend - GSMArena.com

where Desire has edge over Legend

1) half inch bigger display means more real estate
2) higher resolution means crispy video playback
3) Snapdragon processor means faster and snappy UI and breezy multitasking.

Rest is more or less the same.

desiibond said:
HTC Desire vs. HTC Legend - GSMArena.com

where Desire has edge over Legend

1) half inch bigger display means more real estate
2) higher resolution means crispy video playback
3) Snapdragon processor means faster and snappy UI and breezy multitasking.

Rest is more or less the same.

Thanks a lot. so it seems that if i go for Legend due to budget constraints i may not be in too harm :) ( also inferring that its much better than n97 mini and e 72)

spirit said:
Thanks a lot for replies

N97 is rubbish. I've tested it. E72 is good. If you can blow 33K, the Touch HD2 is very nice. Android still has kinks to be worked out, and 2.1 is also far from perfect.

Back