Which Touchscreen Mobile to take ?

Get a Sony, although they are still running UIQ 3.0. It would be worth to wait for UIQ 3.2 or 4 devices which are to be announced in Q2 this year, by Sony Ericsson. W960 is identical to P1i from inside except the walkman player and other tit-bit updates, with inflated price tag. But if someone asks me, I'll get W960 :D

Windows Mobile based devices have only 65K colors, as compared to 256K and 16million colors in most mainstream high-ends these days.

How can the Iphone possible be only worth 13k ? Which phone from any ANY decent company have such a good screen at even 20k price point ?

There is not much Difference between 65K and 256K Color screen.. You get used to it very quickly.. The 32Bit processor of WM6 phones only supports 65K or 16.8 Mil colors. 16.8 colours will reduce battery life like anything so for the time being we are stuck up with 65K on WM6. But it aint tht bad. I am using Nokia 7610 with 65K, after using Motorazr v3i with 256K Colors. Ofcourse there is a diff but I got used to it.

So you can go 65K colour screen that is Windows phone. Go fot HTC P3400. The HTC touch is overpriced with same cofiguration as HTC 3400.

By the way just wanted to ask how are the speaker phones on HTC P3400 and HTC touch?

whats the relation between 16.8 mil colours and battery life :|

if that was so... i'd have kept my monitor on just 2 colours and it wud have consumed almost no electricity :rofl:

kauzy said:
whats the relation between 16.8 mil colours and battery life :|

if that was so... i'd have kept my monitor on just 2 colours and it wud have consumed almost no electricity :rofl:

16.8 million colors take a lot of processing power , which means less processing for other applications.

More processing power used also translates to more battery consumption.

iphone is a full crap. dont' go for it. its really not worth the money. the best phones are htc and sony. choose among these 2 brands. at least they have some brand value in india. i presonally perfer the sony ones any of them. its a reputable brand and have some resale value too.

You think Iphones have no resale value ? Ha ! Try getting an Iphone for less than 15k ! The P1i can be bought for less than 15k, not an Iphone. Of course once the Iphone comes to India, I suppose the resale value will drop, but it will be almost on par with Sony or HTC. Though I would never personally buy an Iphone since my needs are different (I need apps ! lots and lots of apps !) , I still think its an awesome phone for those who don't mind its minor flaws.

Back