Which version of MS Office will work fine in this system

Hi,

Using MS Office 2007 in a system with 8gigs of ram, i5, Windows 10, Nvidia 940M gpu. It is more than fine as per the requirements. But more recent excel sheets with tons of formulas and macros don't work well, sometimes, yes only sometimes including Google sheets as they fetch real time data from the internet. My version is that version so it is not connected to the internet. I am looking for a MS Office version which is not heavy and serves my purpose. I don't wanna spend so much yearly on it. And before that I would like to try the same. That Office 365 is a big no as most of the times the system is not connected to the internet. Any recommendations? If possible then please share the torrent file of the recommended version as it will be easier to get the installer files from a torrent.

Thanks

Get “Microsoft Home and Student 2019(PC/Mac | scratch card)”. I got one at ₹1905 from “Cloudtail”(amazon.in) during last Diwali sale.

I recently bought OEM Windows 10 key and MS Office 2019 key from Digi World situated in Shopclues.com website.
Both are working very well.
I got both of them for around 1.5k
The man who sells or owns Digi World helps us via whatsapp by giving us the links to download softwares.
He also helps us get the keys.

If we need to reinstall the softwares and there is an hardware change even then he can be approached by simply sending him messages via whatsapp and he will help us.

I recently bought a B550 motherboard and that man helped me again register both in Win10 key and MS Office 2019 key.
He will ask simply the hardware id and he will provide the activation keys.

He can be approached via this number :+91 77889 73901
Or
Simply search for Digi World in Shopclues.com

I personally don’t trust such sellers because:
1. Seller know your product key.
2. Never disclose the source, from where he’s gettingthese keys(msdn, grey market, leaked ect).
So, wait for upcoming sale or price drop. Always go for genuine, Microsoft India voucher(scratch-card) and avoid email delivery sellers.

Get “Microsoft Home and Student 2019(PC/Mac | scratch card)”. I got one at ₹1905 from “Cloudtail”(amazon.in) during last Diwali sale.
How much space does it take? Light enough overall?
I personally don’t trust such sellers because:
1. Seller know your product key.
2. Never disclose the source, from where he’s gettingthese keys(msdn, grey market, leaked ect).
So, wait for upcoming sale or price drop. Always go for genuine, Microsoft India voucher(scratch-card) and avoid email delivery sellers.
Please explain this scratch card thing?
What are msdn, grey market (Stolen? If yes then why doesn't MS blocklist them?), leaked(as in?)

Whenever I see someone struggling to run something on a laptop the first thing I recommend is an SSD. You won't even believe the difference this one small piece of hardware can make on the performance of even a very old machine.

Regarding the online keys. If you’re not using a product/key specifically made for your use(OEM, retail, developer) or county/region then you’re still technically not a legit user and as good as a pirate by law or MS terms & conditions. So contacting MS customer care is the only way to know if the key is genuine or not. But again my point is why these e-sellers(specially domestic) are not shipping the retail pack. Once purchased, the product and its key is your property(private). I personally bought 3 MS office 2019 between ₹2k-2.5k, 2 OEM Windows 10 pro (one at 2.5k and one @ 5k) and 1 Windows 10 retail USB box/pack(@ ₹3.6k). During sale.
That’s why I strongly suggest you to get a genuine Indian software via authorised seller/retailer. Just wait for any upcoming sale for better price(if you‘re not in a hurry).
Here you read all about the current Office 2019 H&S.(sys. requirements ect)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/mic...2019/cfq7ttc0k7c8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Attachments

• 3BF11E7F-0485-4087-ABC3-31377A968EB4.jpeg
    3BF11E7F-0485-4087-ABC3-31377A968EB4.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 074E3D61-C49C-4395-BD30-A735F35B150F.jpeg
    074E3D61-C49C-4395-BD30-A735F35B150F.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 120
  • D87F9BF8-D5DB-4884-A860-667253B67343.jpeg
    D87F9BF8-D5DB-4884-A860-667253B67343.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 115
Alright. I think OP is more interested in a pirated version. lol.
I never said that anywhere. Asking about something doesn't mean that I will be pirating it.
For all the reasons mentioned above, might as well go pirated instead of opting to buy one from OEM key resellers, it's either retail or nothing.
If you still want to purchase one use ebay.co.uk or one of those DNMs, it'll cost 100-300 bucks for each.
Pardon my ignorance but what's wrong with OEM key resellers?
How is ebay selling them for so cheap? What is DNM?

Pardon my ignorance but what's wrong with OEM key resellers?

Everything that @WR4P-TP already mentioned. Activating windows using KMSpico reaps you the same benefits w/o paying someone. Also OEM keys also get deactivated sometimes and if you change your motherboard you cannot reinstall using the key again.
It's not ebay selling those, it's the resellers on the site.
DNM = darknetmarketplace

That’s ok. He’s talking about a particular website. When you’re buying these keys via random e-sellers. Without contacting MS, there’s no way to confirm that the key you’re getting is legit or not because these sellers never disclose their source. So it‘s always safe to purchase a genuine copy(like the few I posted above, both OEM &retail), with MS India “billing“ sticker along with a proper invoice or if you buy one directly via MS windows store(@full MRP).
But yes, if your budget is tight already. It is still better to buy a cheap online key instead of using a c@ck or activator. Just be careful when you enter your credit/debit card information on these unknown websites. Lol.

Everything that @WR4P-TP already mentioned. Activating windows using KMSpico reaps you the same benefits w/o paying someone. Also OEM keys also get deactivated sometimes and if you change your motherboard you cannot reinstall using the key again.
It's not ebay selling those, it's the resellers on the site.
DNM = darknetmarketplace
Thanks. Sorry for asking this, but from where do the resellers on wesbsites like ebay get the keys? If those were stolen then MS would blacklist them, right?

Thanks. Sorry for asking this, but from where do the resellers on wesbsites like ebay get the keys? If those were stolen then MS would blacklist them, right?
I had purchased one from eBay UK several years back. What they do is they take the keys from office PCs that are being scrapped, deregister them from those PCs and then sell them online. Have no idea if they are blacklisted or not because I didn't use those keys beyond a few months as I switched to Office 365. However, they are legal in the sense that you are entitled to the keys if you have the original sticker with the serial number. May be they ship them within UK, but if you purchase it online then they are not actually legal.

I had also purchased a Windows one that was blacklisted at some point of time, but I think it was probably a MSDN one. I only used it for a VM and it stopped working some time later.

They will never tell you their source. You’re just betting with your money. If it’s urgent, get a cheap OEM key online or keep using Windows without activation with annoying activation pop ups, water mark, no wallpaper ect or increase you budget and get a genuine Indian OEM or retail pack or wait for any upcoming sale.

I've actually had microsoft audit a company I used to work for. They were all legit so no issue but I did have a chat with the chap from KPMG conducting the audit. It does not matter if you have an activated copy of windows nor does it matter if you have called them to verify. You need to have a bill for the purchase of the copy of windows. Herein lies the loophole - they can't fault the consumer for being an idiot and getting scammed by buying some cheap key online - the burden in this case is on the seller. Also MS is never going to waste it's time auditing smaller companies or consumers.

Having said that, I think it's a good idea to stay away from eBay etc sellers just for your own privacy . These 1-2$ sellers are obviously upto something as what they are charging for the keys is not even worth the time it's taken then to make the listing and service the customer, not to mention the monetary loss when eBay inevitably shuts them down and freezes thier paypal.

Last edited:
Back