Which version of MS Office will work fine in this system

They will never tell you their source. You’re just betting with your money. If it’s urgent, get a cheap OEM key online or keep using Windows without activation with annoying activation pop ups, water mark, no wallpaper ect or increase you budget and get a genuine Indian OEM or retail pack or wait for any upcoming sale.
My point is if they are selling them for so cheap then they would have acquired it from an illegal source. Now why isn't MS blocking those keys? The above user has mentioned that he's using them for 10+ years.

Not always. There’s no straight answer. Software licenses are a lot cheaper in some countries due higher number of piracy, lower income, cost of living ect. But if the keys are not region unlocked. Then sellers acquire these keys in large quantity and sell it online with some profit margin. That’s one of the common source.

My point is if they are selling them for so cheap then they would have acquired it from an illegal source. Now why isn't MS blocking those keys? The above user has mentioned that he's using them for 10+ years.

As I mentioned previously, it is legal to resell keys from scrapped PCs in EU and UK. However, most of these online keys are sold by Chinese scrap dealers who receive the PCs from EU, UK and Australia for recycling. If I remember right, they used to share a photo of a scrapped PC with the sticker (not sure if they still do that). That is the reason you will get licenses for fixed office versions and not for Office 365.

They do it mostly as UK sellers for legal purposes, so I think they are somewhat concerned about following the law. It is anyone's guess though if they sell a key only once because if they sell it multiple times, it is bound to get blacklisted.

As I mentioned previously, it is legal to resell keys from scrapped PCs in EU and UK. However, most of these online keys are sold by Chinese scrap dealers who receive the PCs from EU, UK and Australia for recycling. If I remember right, they used to share a photo of a scrapped PC with the sticker (not sure if they still do that). That is the reason you will get licenses for fixed office versions and not for Office 365.

They do it mostly as UK sellers for legal purposes, so I think they are somewhat concerned about following the law. It is anyone's guess though if they sell a key only once because if they sell it multiple times, it is bound to get blacklisted.
true :tonguewink:

Since some people have mentioned KMSpico, here are some info:
  • The original author (heldigard) abandoned the project long ago, although he recently assured to come back and resume working.
  • While the source code of KMSpico was never made publicly available, the both the KMS server and client emulators are open source.
    • That's the reason you can find so many forks.
  • Microsoft has made substantial changes in multi-SKU handling and related licensing routines, which is why KMSpico won't work properly on newer SKUs.
  • I may (or may not :p) know all the people who were involved in reversing the KMS protocol, and there are much better alternatives available.

Back