Which version of Windows 7 is the best for me?

Hey there.

I was wondering which version of WINDOWS 7 would be best for me.

All I mainly do is play a lot of games, browse the internet, listen to music etc etc.

And most people advised me to get home premium as it has all the needed features. Will home premium be any faster than ultimate or professional?

And another thing, is there any alternative for bit locker file encryption which is a feature that is only available on ultimate?

^^ Hey #amithkallupalam are you planning to buy the legit version of Windows 7 OR OEM when you build the RIG?

If yes get the Home Premium OR Professional, the latter has compatibility mode which allows games which have issues running on Windows Vista / 7 to be played in XP-mode. Cheers!!

If Im im able to cough out the money, Ill get the oem version (Im really really tight. Dont have a job, just 14 man.)

OR

Ill get a pirated copy and use that until I can afford a genuine version.

<

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

If Im im able to cough out the money, Ill get the oem version (Im really really tight. Dont have a job, just 14 man.)

OR

Ill get a pirated copy and use that until I can afford a genuine version.

The only feature that I've ever used in Professional over Home Premium (I've used both) is Remote Desktop. Home Premium allows you to connect to other machines by Remote Desktop client but only Professional allows for machines to connect remotely to it. You can get around this by using something like VNC, of course.

If you plan to buy a genuine Windows soon, you can just install Windows 7 Home Premium as a trial and hold off on the activation. You don't need to activate for upto 120 days.

http://www.howtogeek...30-to-120-days/

Another option is to install Windows 8 beta. I believe it is fairly stable for most normal things. It's free.

TrueCrypt is an open source alternative to BitLocker and is very widely used.

Guys, won't windows home premium have compatibility mode just like windows xp's so that I can run older games?

Negative on that Sire, I own a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium and sorry no compatibility mode, it is carried in only the Ultimate and Professional editions of Windows 7.

Negative on that Sire, I own a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium and sorry no compatibility mode, it is carried in only the Ultimate and Professional editions of Windows 7.

Negative on that too bro as I also win 7 home premium and it does allows me to take use of compatibility mode, though no manual option of selecting which mode to force, but it does applies XP compatibility automatically, if required. I just did it today.
<

@OP- You can also add some of the features missing in Home.Premium version such as gpedit and others.
<

Hope that helps.
<

#JuGGa how, I have patched my Windows 7 to SP 1, so how did you enable, I cannot even seem to force XP mode.

#JuGGa how, I have patched my Windows 7 to SP 1, so how did you enable, I cannot even seem to force XP mode.

Mate I already said that there's no option of manual forcing. Just right click, and "Troubleshoot Compatibility". I just selected this option for the program which wasn't working, and OS automatically suggested "Win XP SP2" as compatibility mode & Voila!
<

Back