Which washing machine company has better service response?

Siemens or Bosch - both are managed by the same folks here I believe. We had a brilliant experience during the installation of our Bosch unit last August. The guy was a mere technician but the way he explained stuff about vibrations, CG, wobbling, descaling etc. made the two of us wonder if we were actually engineers! :rolleyes:

Anyways, we never needed another service from them.

Its all managed by sbsh the parent company.
Even machines are manufactured at same factory and its all under same umbrella over here.

We also had same exp. just one visit to install dishwasher and so far so good.
That fellow was too good to be called technician.
Thorough professional and thorough gentleman.

He recommended us front loading of 7.5-8kg.
I questioned him why so big.he gave his reason

,this machine will last you at least 10yrs and am sure family will expand.so in view of future expansion,take this.

Bosch as a company has made a conscious effort to focus on and differentiate the last mile service/customer touch point. While I cannot comment on servicing & repairs.. It's possible their installation teams have been put through a specific training in etiquette and a rigorous brief on product knowledge before being deployed.

You did not mention why would you prefer to buy a top loading over a front loading.
Well according to me front loading are and should be preferred only if there is space constraint. Other than that I have found top loading economical to use and easier to use and maintain in the long run. I may be totally wrong too but based on feedback from users who have front loading as well as top loading, most of them seem to prefer top loading.

Front loading cas superb eco savings.
Water requirements and electricity need are far lower.
Well might be to some extent but I as far as I am aware it needs separate kind of detergents, extra care and maintenance.

Compared to that I am not sure how much less power it would consume or the water it would use. For example my top loading machine uses 90 litres at full load. Say if the front loading uses 50-60 litres then it would be around 30% saving. Hence per wash around 30 litres saving, for entire year say around 10000 litres are saved. Power consumption I think would be similar. Hence, its basically based on preferences, if its convenient and have some extra space top loading would also suffice your requirements if you need it inside the kitchen or have less space you could have the front loading as that saves a lot of space

Sorry to edit : But the main thing I forgot to mention was that incase of top loading you can lift the lid and add clothes or remove the clothes that are being washed. (helps incase of electricity issue or say the machine goes bad or anything), I guess there is no such option in case of front loading machines. Not sure but many have mentioned that once a process starts in front loading then its difficult to stop it till the cycle completes.

Sorry to edit : But the main thing I forgot to mention was that incase of top loading you can lift the lid and add clothes or remove the clothes that are being washed. (helps incase of electricity issue or say the machine goes bad or anything), I guess there is no such option in case of front loading machines. Not sure but many have mentioned that once a process starts in front loading then its difficult to stop it till the cycle completes.

On present gen. front loaders, you can pause the wash, remove/add clothes to the drum - not a biggie. The cheapest Bosch machine that has been installed at my residence has this option. I believe the others might have it as well. In any case, once you switch off the main power the lock is disengaged and the door can be opened. Switch the power back on and it resumes the wash.

On present gen. front loaders, you can pause the wash, remove/add clothes to the drum - not a biggie. The cheapest Bosch machine that has been installed at my residence has this option. I believe the others might have it as well. In any case, once you switch off the main power the lock is disengaged and the door can be opened. Switch the power back on and it resumes the wash.
Ok good to know. Not sure how it holds the water when you open the door because earlier it was not possible because as soon as you open the door the water would flow out so I guess they might have modified the technology - but cant think how its possible without say draining all the water first and then refilling the water.
Secondly, I am not sure but earlier say I had seen that a top loading would complete the process of washing rinsing and drying within 30-45 minutes while the same process took close to 1.5 hours in the front loading one.
The front loading also needed some specific detergent power to be used and it required additional maintenance.

Back