Which washing machine company has better service response?

I tried calling the Siemens service center number in Mumbai and

Pune. None of them work. Wonderful customer care.

Guys IFB's service is not good at all. All it's parts have to be sourced from the company hence they've priced them outrageously and availability is also a problem.

ALL THEIR AMC GUYS ARE CROOKS, I'VE CAUGHT THEM RED HANDED.
The only thing that they tell you when something goes bad is that the BOARD IS GONE.

After they told me that the board was bad I opened it up and gave it a complete check, the board look fit and fine from top to bottom. After checking the internals I found that the wiring was damaged due to rats(which unfortunately isn't covered in any kind of AMC). I fixed the wiring but still it didn't start BECAUSE the F****n AMC guy had swapped the connectors on the board the day he checked.
The very next day he came with an 'almost' new board and I told him on his face that this board isn't Brand-New he told me that's how it looks!!! I showed him the rat damage but he still said that the board is damaged!!!
Finally I told him to fix the NEW board just to give a check and he obliged very happily. But this time I SAW all the connectors in the proper position and the machine worked flawlessly. Now I told him to fix my OLD board again and he refused telling me that I'm wasting his time blah-blah!!, but finally I did it in front of him and saw the entire machine was working fine. Had it been my parents or anybody else for that matter it was a complete chuna of Rs.7000 bucks. So guys PLEASE dont go for IFB. This is just one rant, try searching for IFB on google and you'll know why not to go for IFB!!.

The chances for your board going bad are very less, the overall circuitry of the machine is also very simple(looks like it was made to be assembled). Rest everything in the machine is of top notch quality and requires a lot of effort to be replaced, hence their maximum profit margin wala product is THE BOARD. The AMC guys are not skilled enough to replace other mechanical or electrical parts properly, this I came to know from googling on consumer complaints.

Anyone who's using IFB make and suffers some problem please google for advice or look for DIY-vids on Bosch Washing Machines on YouTube.

This was our 2nd IFB product because we were very pleased with the service and quality of their first generation products. All that has changed now, please look for other options.

While getting a washing machine install a pest control system or mouse trap at the bottom of the machine. Also look for extended warranty services to your requirement and condition at the time of your purchase.

Renegade said:
I tried calling the Siemens service center number in Mumbai and
Pune. None of them work. Wonderful customer care.
Very good, now tell us did you do the same with LG and the other model ?

This will give you an immediate impression as to what to expect in terms of A.S.S.

blr_p said:
Very good, now tell us did you do the same with LG and the other model ?

This will give you an immediate impression as to what to expect in terms of A.S.S.
Yes I very well did that since I wanted to inquire the AMC cost. And I finally did manage to reach the Siemens service center as well after an hour. The AMC cost of Siemens was indeed a little higher than others at 3800 per year. If I take it for 5 consecutive years I might just buy a new washing machine instead. Anyway by taking the extended warranty for INR 720 I am covered for 4 years in all the models.

@Hailstone - I bought the Siemens finally as the LG had a really small tub when placed next to the Siemens. Also the rubber gasket at the rim is going to be useful; LG had a gap wider than even IFB.

If I take it for 5 consecutive years I might just buy a new washing machine instead.
Right

Anyway by taking the extended warranty for INR 720 I am covered for 4 years in all the models.
What does an extended warranty get you ?

two years coverage instead of just the one. And then you pay for any repairs after.

You're not going to have any probs for the first two years unless you got a defective unit so you're covered only in this instance.

The fun begins after. Going by aman's experience things look dicey, total ripoff :mad:

blr_p said:
two years coverage instead of just the one. And then you pay for any repairs after.

You're not going to have any probs for the first two years unless you got a defective unit so you're covered only in this instance.

The fun begins after. Going by aman's experience things look dicey, total ripoff :mad:
Like I said its 4 years in total. And yes after that either you pay for AMC or you ride your luck. Even if I have shell out 7K in the sixth year it would still work out cheaper than the AMC. :p

So you chose Siemens over LG and IFB. I'll keep that in mind when I purchase a washing machine. Might need one sooner or later when I move in to a better and bigger house.

Relying on the maid by far since the collars of shirts are a PITA to be cleaned properly. :ashamed:

Taking a AMC is just waste of money if you ask me.
For the imported models like some whirlpool models and siemens their are many online stores selling parts for them.Mine is close to 3 years old know no issues whats so ever.European models are built extremely well.I also put a permanent hardwater to softwater converter and so far i haven't seen any scaling in the washing machine.
@Gannu do check out whirlpool models they are as good if not better then siemens(applies to models costing above 20k).

Good choice @renu, I was in market some months back for different washer, a dish washer. And stayed miles away from IFB. Went for Siemens and its peace of mind and money.

On a side not, OT though, those who think that dish washer don't work in India, ahem, it works, here is a guy who is more than happy doing that expensive investments. Bye, bye lousy, bull sh* maids!

adder said:
For the imported models like some whirlpool models and siemens their are many online stores selling parts for them.
You can get imported models in shops here ?

or are you referring to the grey market.

Would have thought all models here are assembled in India, nothing is 'imported'.

blr_p said:
You can get imported models in shops here ?

or are you referring to the grey market.

Would have thought all models here are assembled in India, nothing is 'imported'.

I think Siemens has mostly imported once. My dishwasher is from Germany.

+LT

hey guys - I hope you dont mind my continuing this thread. I'm looking for a washing machine in the 5.5 kg - 6kg range. I'm not too sensitive on price - value quality and after sales support above features.

Could you help me out on which one should I go for ? especially what features I should be looking for. I know that I should prefer front load (for energy and water efficiency) and steel drum, but other than that no idea. Do things like RPM, etc. matter ?

You need to set a budget for yourself.

Since the difference is not much between machines so RPM does not matter but a slower motor will most likely consume lesser power. Nothing significant.

As already highlighted in most washing machine threads, the features do not matter either, even the basic machines have the necessary features to give you a nice wash. Anything fancier will most likely end up unused. So fix yourself a budget and take a look at the models that you can afford. There will be minor differences like the ones I noticed in favor of Siemens which will help you decide.

silverbyte said:
.......... Do things like RPM, etc. matter ?

The RPM will decide how dry(and how much more crushed) you clothes will be. Top load WM will have 600-800RPM max (correct me if I am wrong). A front load can go upto 1600PRM. I have a Samsung 6.5KG AG+ which has a RPM of 1200...which makes the clothes "almost" dry.It also has a built in dryer which we use only during monsoons. The front load will save you a lot of water(my 6.5KG load gets clothes wahed in 55Ltrs water, I have checked this by disconnecting the the tap and using buckets to fill i the water...crazy me!) and detergent, but will cost you more in electricity since it has a longer run cycle and more powerful motor than a front load.

hmm.. my post got lost somewhere.

My budget is around 25-27K, but I can go higher for quality and after sales service. I thought that IFB was definitely a sure shot in quality and after sales, but after reading this thread, I'm not so sure now.

Anyone know what will be the best overall quality + after sales service will be ?

A good FL washing machine will consumer around 8 litres of water/Kg of load which is quite low,If you want good A.S.S stick with LG.

If you want overall quality stick with whirlpool or siemens.

stay away from ifb.their washing machines are now poor quality stuff.service sucks.they dont know how to identify the problem and will keep on changing the parts.then new problems will pop up.happened with my ifb digital dx 6 kg machine.mine now only works partly after 3 years of service.i bought a new lg dirct drive machine.very good stuff.
you can go for front loading,
LG- very good service,good quality machine.
siemens-good quality,but expensive spare parts.i heard now their machines are chinese imports.
whirlpool- good top loading machines.come with inbuilt heater also.higher end front loading are also good.service is also good.

silverbyte said:
hmm.. my post got lost somewhere.
My budget is around 25-27K, but I can go higher for quality and after sales service. I thought that IFB was definitely a sure shot in quality and after sales, but after reading this thread, I'm not so sure now.
BE sure that ifb service sucks.I being in mumbai, have experienced this first hand.
We have a n Elite machine, and once the heater malfunctioned, i.e. no matter what temperature u set the machine at, it always washed with the hottest water, even if the heater was set to off.
called for ifb service since machine was in warranty, and when the guy arrived a week later he seemed more interested in selling us special powders and extended warranties.we refused and asked him to fix the problem at hand. Some how, he solved the erratic heater problem and all was well.
after 2 years when the warranty was long over the machine developed some other fault. This time i decided to open and check myself, and to my horror, found the heater power supply disconnected!
called a local repairman who said the heater cutoff had conked off and the whole unit needed to be replaced.
so now the reality dawned, that the official service guy, realising that he would have to replace the heater, chose to conveniently disconnect it instead of replacing.What a con he pulled off!

Back