Which washing machine company has better service response?

LG is good as far as service is concerned (have a 6 yr old LG 8kg model) however all these automatic machines have PCB's that need to be protected from voltage fluctuation..my LG 's PCB has gone bad 2 times each time got it replaced for Rs. 5000

guys what is experience with siemens dishwasher and overall washing machines and all.

they have increased warranty to 2 yrs from this year and no they dont have china manufacture.

their stuff is exclusively made in germany.

thats why spares are also costly.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

cyberwiz said:
LG is good as far as service is concerned (have a 6 yr old LG 8kg model) however all these automatic machines have PCB's that need to be protected from voltage fluctuation..my LG 's PCB has gone bad 2 times each time got it replaced for Rs. 5000

same applies for videocon washing machine as well.now we are on whirlpool and when we were using great videocon like 3 yrs ago.

our pcb went bad thrice and we spent more than cost of new machine and stopped repairing.

this was their top line fully automatic machine.

cyberwiz said:
So you connectd it to a stabiliser now ?

I miss those good ol mechanical knob based controls in front loaders which are sadly absent from all the models of every company... :(

HailStonE said:
I miss those good ol mechanical knob based controls in front loaders which are sadly absent from all the models of every company... :(
Strange all models that I was looking at had the mechanical knob. Specially IFB and Siemens have one knob and two start/stop buttons.

Renegade said:
Strange all models that I was looking at had the mechanical knob. Specially IFB and Siemens have one knob and two start/stop buttons.

sometimes the models do have knobs/dials but they are not mechanical..my LG has a rotary dial looks like its mechanical but its actually electronic

Agree with that on LG but the Siemens knob has that feel of a mechanical knob. The sound it makes when it is turned to the next notch.

So now its 2013, am looking for a front loader in the 25k range. I was thinking about an IFB model, has the service really deteriorated now?

@Aces170 - Any specific reason for front loader preference? Given a choice I would and always buy a top loading washing machine. We have the Sharp Top Loading and that works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
get siemens or bousch.
they are at around 28.
after using siemens dishwasher for 1 and half yr,
I wont suggest anything from chinese manufactured ( IFB ).

@Aces170 - Any specific reason for front loader preference? Given a choice I would and always buy a top loading washing machine. We have the Sharp Top Loading and that works great.
You did not mention why would you prefer to buy a top loading over a front loading.

Last edited:
Ren: How is your experience with Siemens so far? I had initially shortlisted an IFB model but the feedback here on service is not great.

Ren: How is your experience with Siemens so far? I had initially shortlisted an IFB model but the feedback here on service is not great.
If we leave the fancy stuff aside the Siemens was the obvious choice in terms of build quality and it has been serving me well. Thankfully did not have to use their service post installation so can't comment on that. Overall very satisfied. :cool:

Siemens build quality is amazing for sure but their spares are very costly. Service is excellent though
Ditto - I have one for 10 yrs, never been out of order for even 6 hours, top notch service only required changing of shock absorbers twice over 10 years, used everyday. some times twice a day

LG service across all their products has been top notch! I've only once had a problem with then but that was down to an issue between their service centre franchises.

Overall it's been probably 15 years iirc that I've used their products, starting with my 320L fridge & everything I own since then has worked flawlessly. Currently this includes 1 fridge, 1 microwave, 1 6kg top loading washing machine, 1Full HD LCD Tv & 1 Full HD LED Tv. All LG :)

Back