Which Windows Phone 7 Phone to Get ?

Hello fellow members

I have sold my SGS 2 and in the interim have purchased a Samsung Wave Y thinking that when SGS3 comes out, will buy it. But alas the Wave Y and BADA is really a pathetic combo and I am urgently looking for a new phone. Having used iOS and Android devices, right now I want a change. I have decided to give Windows Phone 7/7.5 a spin. Now I have shortlisted the following two phones:

1. Samsung Omnia W - 13.5k from Sulekha, 15.2k from Flipkart

2. Dell Venue Pro - 14.5k from Sulekha, 15.5k from Flipkart

I favor the Dell's design and build, however the Omnia W scores a few points extra for the SAMOLED display.

Which one should I go for? Also how reliable is Sulekha? How dependable are their after sales support (in-case I get a DOA). Have never used Sulekha, so am very apprehensive but at the same time their price is just too good.

TIA

devv

I have Samsung Focus i917 from eBay, can't recommend it more the best phone I have used and I have used iPhone for 4 years, you can also add additional memory card (only few brands/class supported) and best screen I have seen AMOLED better than Retina due to the size (4 inch) and brilliant colors. You can get it for 12k to 13k. It is the best option better than Dell Venue Pro, because both were year old hardware, but if you want latest and compromise on few things like additional memory capacity you can go for Omniw W or Lumia

Since you mention warranty, I would suggest you take a look at both the Omnia W and the Lumia 710. Both are excellent phones, with the Lumia scoring slightly IMO as I really require the navigation capabilities. Looks are subjective, and I think the Omnia W is the better looker. Another scoring point for the Lumia is the build quality. Omnia W is typical Samsung quality - flimsy at best.

See there is lot of news that WP 8 is not going to support Gen1(pre-mango) and Gen 2 (which came with mango) Windows Phone devices. But some are saying it may be available for Gen 2 devices.

So if you want the best then better buy a device that comes out with WP8 onboard.

Please check and ask the relevant doubts in Windows Phone discussion thread and get a clear picture about the OS before you make a decision.

Since you want it on a urgent basis Omnia W is best IMO

I'm using Focus from last few months. Omnia W is nearly similar to Focus except some additions like 1.4GHz, front camera and out of box with Mango. My experience with the Focus is really good, so I'll suggest you to go with Omnia W.

Comparing Lumia 710 with Omnia W, display wise Omnia W surely goes way ahead due to the Super AMOLED. Rest, both are the same only thing is Lumia 710 has better cosmetics.

#mayank4823 Cool Man. Have been waiting for this while long. Another thing is that are you facing any issues with outgoing voice call clarity(As in the other person can hear you properly). Mine has some issues regarding the same. The voice recipient cannot hear my voice or sometimes breaks.

#mayank4823 Cool Man. Have been waiting for this while long. Another thing is that are you facing any issues with outgoing voice call clarity(As in the other person can hear you properly). Mine has some issues regarding the same. The voice recipient cannot hear my voice or sometimes breaks.

Haven't come across this issue but yeah there was an issue in which phone used to hang while disconnecting a call but that prob. got fixed in a small patch by Nokia.

Back