Which Xperia is worth buying?

Several Xperia handsets from Sony lie in price band of Rs.18k to Rs.23k. Which of this is totally worth buying?

1. Arc
2. Arc S
3. P
4. GO
5. U
6. Sola

Guys dont buy from Indiatimes PLEASE , I recently bought a Defy+ for Rs.12200 from Indiatimes. It was the most horrible experience I ever had with any eCommerce website I've ever dealt with.

Indiatimes confirmed the order within 2 days and didn't ship it for the next 10 days. I started calling CC up after 5 days(most of the times they were busy), asked for the seller's details and still it wasn't shipped for 15 days straight. All this time they never responded to my emails or chat messages.

Finally I called them up and cancelled my order(they waned me that refunding procedure will take 10 days) and to my surprise the order was shipped on the same day and I received the shipping details after 3 hours of cancellation. Shipping was done via Aramex and it itself took 8 days to reach me and when I told them I would check the package first and then sign the Aramex delivery boy snatched the package from my hand.

So basically it took the phone 20 days to reach me and during the whole time communication with Indiatimes CC was horrible even the shipping company Aramex was horrible. The only good thing was that pricing was good, it was unopened packed properly by the shipper and bill provided was a proper vat paid bill.

My advice AVOID INDIATIMES , ARAMEX and ebay sellers giving dealer warranty. Dealer warranty items are not sealed/open, come with duplicate internal accessories and carry no real warranty.

Sure, please recommend :)

At the mentioned price, the S advance is a kool deal. Also if you can up your budget by a slight notch, you can get the Galaxy S2 with warranty. If the coupons help, it may well fit your budget too. :p
Else if warranty is not an issue, get the Gnex or try the HTC one X being sold in the market area. But no matter what you do, for that amount of money, do not even think below 4" and Dual cores.

@pratzgh1

Do you realize that the Galaxy S Advance runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread and won't get any update to ICS, let alone Jellybean ? Why should the OP pay 20k for a phone only to be stuck at Android 2.3 for life. Also there is no chance of custom ROMS as it has ZERO development support in XDA.

So please do consider this, next time you suggest this phone to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
pratzgh1

Do you realize that the Galaxy S Advance runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread and won't get any update to ICS, let alone Jellybean ? Why should the OP pay 20k for a phone only to be stuck at Android 2.3 for life. Also there is no chance of custom ROMS as it has ZERO development support in XDA.

So please do consider this, next time you suggest this phone to anyone.

For 17K, those specs are awesome, imo. Leave the official updates, and for a fairly new device the support is understandable. None the less the end user experience has no problems whichever the version of android is right now. Its almost uniform across touchwiz phones.

^
Maybe for you Gingerbread is fine, I dont think it will be for many. When phones much cheaper than it are running ICS, its just pointless to spend that much money on the S advance just because of its screen. And even though its a dual core phone, it cannot playback 1080p videos. So in a few ways its no better than a 1.5 yr old Arc S, which is running ICS and also has a CM10 Jellybean port alpha.

^ Well with a custom ROM I am sure the s advance will shine as compared to other single cores. Though its the op's choice as to what he expects from a device. And just checked xda, they are working over the s advance projects.

Back