white house pict??google earth

MAGNeT

Skilled
today alot of news is coming in star news regardin google earth sayin they r partial and not showing white house ...but in my search i got this pict isnt this white house?????
whitehouse4nw.jpg

Well, google earth is something that can show some sensetive information on net. It shud have been developed with some security precautions...

damn i had a link whre this guy got the area 51 nevada pics uploaded...amaaazing stuff..just google it if u can...those pics tell u a lot of intresting things !!!

well you get lots of pics you are not suppose to see. See the images of US navy ships and submarines which are not supposed to be seen.

Here is a pic of Edwards airforce base in CA which is supposed to be largest, heavily gaurded base where test flights of new fighers too takes place.

Its not only the US which is being exposed.
Even India has such drawbacks.
I could pinpoint my building using google earth.
Apart from that this is a major threat. Coz, terrorists can plan attacks in a more detailed manner.
And, with millitary installations visible, it is pretty simple for them to familiarize themselves with the area and attack.
Thus, though this may be a boon...like every other invention, it has its positives and negatives.
Here, the effect of the negatives is hardly felt as yet.
Hope the Indian Gov. is not too late in banning such images and getting the strategical data right.

How can you ban the images? It is just not possible, so learn to develop new strategies. Anycase, for us it does not matter. Such pictures were already available commercially. China already has beter satellite phots from its own satellites, and these go to Pakistan and that means LeT too. So how does it matter?

nope its not lik that..the news was showing they r not showing usa areas...but other countries stuffs(india uk russia korea etc)...and thus thinking to ban them...

let me warn you it adictive for first few days then its gets boring and by the time you are doing with it you have lost quite a lot of bandwidth on the damm thing... It a bandwidth hogger... Also very few places in India are covered properly...

Delhi and Noida are pretty good... Mumbai is crap... So people from mumbai dont bother checking if you looking for a bird's eye view of your house...

oh no, mumbai just got update.

City area is now high resolution. So did banglore. Banglore is even more high resolution than mumbai.

My concern about mumbai is Navy dockyard and BhaBha atomic research centres are clearly visible in good quality pic. Vikrant and Viraat can be seen. Though these are old pics it pinpoints exact location and its layout to anyone.

like krool said ...satellite imaging is getting more easily available, more and more private companies are offering detailed sat mps for anyone willing to pay the price....

humans[at least in the area of conflicts] have always adapted themselves quickly as they know that to not will lead to disaster...its interesting though that war brings out the greatest advances in technology....

You can see the naval areas in other contries like Pakistan, China etc.
Yes, the security of these areas are compromised with the high resolution images which enable ppl to get familiar with the look of the place.
I agree it was commercially available....but, now its free.....i think its going to have an adverse effect.

a lot of things today are changing....society has made it so in its rather twisted workings

we should be more worried about cyber warfare...today the US has a lot of weak points at its infrastructure due to becoming highly digitized...once that spreads to India [which i admit will take some time to fully settle in] then hackers are going to cause more and more trouble[not specific to India]...the whole issue today is some kid with a 1000 $ PC and a 50 $ a month internet connection can cause serious problems in a governments workings and even the general public and business sectors with just a little knowhow

we place too much in the hands of machines ...theyve made our life simpler and easier but when they malfunction or are attacked it becomes troublesome, the US already have a military branch for countering cyber attacks and threats...forget the name...

its inevitable...apocalypse will come ^_^....just hope it wont come in our lifetime

lol. You guys really think, the U.S governemt is doing nothing about this ?

They're keeping secrets, that's a known fact, they keep watch for revealing stuff like google, belive me when i say it, they've sorted out this problem already, M$ will probably force you to download a patch which will prevent the use of Google earth, and Google will release a new google earth with locked out location, simple, if its that serious this is what will happen or google just gets its ass sued. talkng about inevitable, there will be always places you can lock on with google, M$ earth. Though some places may get patched lock like area 51, navy hideout and **** like that, 3rd world country's won't have this protection.

And chances of Aplocalypse happening is there, but i hve a strong believe in U.S governemt. They've planned out stuff so well in history and today, nothing can hurt them withing 50 yr timespan, and they probably will continue their superpower position for a long ass time to come.

till then they're taking care of stuff like Aliens, or machines turning on people or other psycho stuff as well making plans how they're gonna come out facing the threat of their superpower in the world.

And Like someone said, there are positives and negatives, to EVERYTHING. Simple fact there is a hell and a heaven, there is a good and bad, and good can't exist wihout bad

(did i just make a up a thought of the day or something ? :D )

If people can use it for fun of locking down on their houses, terrorists could do the same to plan their attack. the only way they're stopping this is by banning the prog.

UPDATE, UPDATE !

Most of these highly stratragic locations have been blanked out by Google following a huge outcry from Nations...

So thats the card-board cutout you see...

Back