Who didnt cry after seeing "Up"(movie)

The first ten minutes of the movie was the best part of it. It was incredible story telling. Got progressively more boring after that. Towards the end I could hardly care. Wall-E was in a different class altogether. Pixar's best IMHO.

I saw 9(9 (2009/I)) the very same weekend and that was bloody brilliant. After watching that, Up felt quite boring.

Chaos said:
The first ten minutes of the movie was the best part of it. It was incredible story telling. Got progressively more boring after that. Towards the end I could hardly care. Wall-E was in a different class altogether. Pixar's best IMHO.

I saw 9(9 (2009/I)) the very same weekend and that was bloody brilliant. After watching that, Up felt quite boring.

I found 9 very boring. Didn't quite get the point of the movie :p

=CrAzYG33K= said:
. Which only means one thing... Everyone here is discussing about the *ahem* copy.

Shame on you guys :D

Who said that! I saw that movie in 3D in theatre! Read my earlier post WELL! Is there a rule that one to discuss a movie ONLY when it's released! :eek:hyeah:

SRJ said:
Its animated movie...................... why to cry?????////

Suraj at least you don say yaar! :D

Just putting in some facets of the movie, if anyone has missed. I dont consider these real spoilers.

Carl and Ellie grow old together and keep saving up for their Paradise Falls plan, but never get around to doing anything about it. They kept saving money for the great adventure trip but had to break their savings everytime for emergencies. Carl was feeling low because he always felt guilty and sad for not being able to fulfill Ellie's dream adventure. He sighs every time he looks at the empty pages of Ellie's adventure album. They didn't have children either, and when Ellie dies, Carl is left alone and grouchy.

The album had a section "What I want to do in Life".

Once he is in paradise falls, he sticks to his house and refuses to leave it to save Kevin.

He gets in, resigns to his fate and opens the adventure book again. To his surprise he finds the section full. Ellie apparently filled it before presenting it to Carl in her final moments . In that section were pictures of all the good everyday moments shared by Carl and Ellie. And the final note was: "I had a great adventure. Now you go and have a new adventure". That was a nice moment in the movie. It is because of that note that Carl was finally able to let go.

I guess, it is because of moments like these that a seemingly ordinary movie became special. Maybe thats why it got high ratings everywhere.

Back