Graphic Cards Who Has The Money And is Getting FERMI 100% on Release Day

neojjjk said:
newegg listed all brands of gtx 480 and 470 for 499 $ & for 349 $

how is it possible to sell a gtx 480 for 30k ?? 499$ means 22500 Rs .I am expecting some changes in prices...

You can easily expect 33% more than the US prices when they arrive here. so that puts it at roughly 31~32k. Even 30k would be an optimistic estimate.

neojjjk said:
price of 5870 is 429$ in newegg (around 20k)
selling here for 26-27k...

The prices increased after launch. It was launched at %379.
You can still buy it at $389 on etailer like sabrepc today. Still it costs that much here.
We wont have prices on par with USA unless the volumes change here.

Shripad said:
The prices increased after launch. It was launched at %379.
You can still buy it at $389 on etailer like sabrepc today. Still it costs that much here.
We wont have prices on par with USA unless the volumes change here.
90% cards they have in higher range are out of stock mate..i am looking for great deal on 5770 or 5830....was hoping for price drop with Nvidia launch...lets see in next week.

avi_avadhut said:
90% cards they have in higher range are out of stock mate..i am looking for great deal on 5770 or 5830....was hoping for price drop with Nvidia launch...lets see in next week.

Dont look at newegg alone. NE is known for price gouging. And even there you can buy 5870 for $420 today and these are in stock. Forget custom cooler versions and custom PCB versions, they are never widely available.

If you want you can buy 5870 for $389 today from likes of SabrePC (confirmed stock, I checked with them yesterday personally by email ).

And there wont be any price drops from ATI.

ATi hinted they are comfortable with current stock and pricing of their card before reviews came out. And their Press release after reviews of Fermi only reiterated that.

In fact AIBs are planning to jack up the prices by $10-20 on 5850 and 5870 with possible increase in 5770 by some margin. If I were you, I would buy ATI card as soon as I can :p

No proper benchmarks are out there so stop making your estimates about performance it is misleading. And who was that guy who said ATI will make better drivers? Ati's drivers are BS in front of Nvidia's drivers. Nvidia knows what its doing. There drivers aren't like ati which really give no benefit, performance increase on there cards with time thanks to drivers. Expect a 10% increase in performance when more mature drivers come out.

DevinWolf said:
No proper benchmarks are out there so stop making your estimates about performance it is misleading. And who was that guy who said ATI will make better drivers? Ati's drivers are BS in front of Nvidia's drivers. Nvidia knows what its doing. There drivers aren't like ati which really give no benefit, performance increase on there cards with time thanks to drivers. Expect a 10% increase in performance when more mature drivers come out.

no proper benchmarks ? i belive you have not been reading the benchmarks from anadtech ..... guru3d etc yet

DevinWolf said:

DevinWolf, what happened...all fine..? Proper benchmarks for the new nVidia line up came out early morning today. They world has seen them. You really seem to be off the radar if you say, that ATI drivers have not given performance increase. The latest 10.3s/10.2s are fabulous. Most users are reporting a boost in performance. Also they are not BS. I am using their drivers -- if they were BS then how can (and many others) possibly game. And saying "ATI drivers are better", is not correct relativity. Drivers cannot be compared. Both are different subsystems -- nVidia and ATI.

risk risky the nvidia is already doing something fishy where they have increase the memory core and the TDP power is too hard and headroom oc suck big time due to high tem depend on rma pain in a$$

so i already order 5770 x2 in cf for 295 $ sweet deal :D and still happy with ati 5770 with less power :)

totally disappointed now...i sold my 9800gt to buy a fermi...after reading reviews I really didn't like the temp & power consumption ...my first card was 6200LE ,,,after that i bougt 9800gt...now after fermi reviews ,I placed an order for 5850.

DevinWolf said:
There drivers aren't like ati which really give no benefit, performance increase on there cards with time thanks to drivers. Expect a 10% increase in performance when more mature drivers come out.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a significant increase in performance (like 10%) with just driver updates simply means that the company released poorly optimized drivers to start with. If a company is making good drivers, the best indication of that is that they will only get minute boosts in performance with subsequent driver updates. A large boost in a new driver always means that the previous driver they released was flawed. So if you are right about nVidia making the best drivers, then they would not get any significant performance boosts with further updates.

As for driver issues, I have had equal share of issues with both nVidia and ATi drivers.

neojjjk said:
totally disappointed now...i sold my 9800gt to buy a fermi...after reading reviews I really didn't like the temp & power consumption ...my first card was 6200LE ,,,after that i bougt 9800gt...now after fermi reviews ,I placed an order for 5850.
think a lot of us have changed ... i have used almost all the green cards from nvdia from the riva tnt then geforce 1 then geforce 2 then geforce 4 then a 5700 LE then a 6800 then a 7600gt then 8600gt but now i have totaly moved into ati .... first the 4850 now the 5850. Its more to do with the overall performance for me .. hope greens something worth buying in the near future.

Same here placed my order for 5870 . Thanks to media home getting it on monday:) s sold my 260gtx and vx450 for fermi ended up with 750tx and ati.very disappointed with fermi:(

here the source screen shot of full benchmark
Anandtech poster compiled this, maybe add to OP?

gfxcomparerev2smallpng.jpg

As someone pointed out to me, the number that immediately jumps out at you is the 470 v. 5870 comparison as its the closest of the bunch.

Will be interesting to see if the gap can be closed with driver maturity. :|

Back