Why are threads locked and posts deleted without citing any reason(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very long also there was a demand for an extended general talk section. It was created and was called funenclave. Guess what. It died a natural death because very few people used it.

Also a public forum carries a lot of burden from a liability perspective. Political views, piracy, gender issues... All of these can trigger people and governments and sometimes it's best the whole thing disappear without a trace. This site was created for a purpose, and a lot of the above don't belong here. I think the mods here are generally considerate and do let you know before you step over the line, but they're under no obligation to do so.

Anyway people have tried to create the blackjack and h00kers version of te and we know how it turned out. This has been a clean forum. Let's keep it that way

Is speaking up for recovery from substances ( or any addiction) discussion about NA/AA come in the way of keeping things clean?
TE is an Indian tech forum right? Members should have some sense of responsibilities and general knowledge.
I know of 2 people here, who were given opiates for alcohol withdrawal...and the doctors told them to continue with it!!
Sure, this not the platform for discussing these things in details.
But what's wrong in having some awareness about certain things that no gadget/ tech can fix yet.
Forums disappear because of illegal deals of legal and harmless tools like phones, laptops, graphics cards etc. Not for some harmless discussions.
Forums die due to lack of participation ( honestly what's there to talk about gadgets in 2020, 2021? Specially in India..)

Last edited:
Is speaking up for recovery from substances ( or any addiction) discussion about NA/AA come in the way of keeping things clean?
TE is an Indian tech forum right? Members should have some sense of responsibilities and general knowledge.
I know of 2 people here, who were given opiates for alcohol withdrawal...and the doctors told them to continue with it!!
Sure, this not the platform for discussing these things in details.
But what's wrong in having some awareness about certain things that no gadget/ tech can fix yet.
Forums disappear because of illegal deals of legal and harmless tools like phones, laptops, graphics cards etc. Not for some harmless discussions.
Forums die due to lack of participation ( honestly what's there to talk about gadgets in 2020, 2021? Specially in India..)

What I find a little weird is that you've told us so much about yourself, but you've limited your profile :cool: . I really enjoyed some of your gyaan on headphones though

What do you want to know? Just drop a DM. Or write it here. Many here have my contact details, few even have prescriptions.
Yes, had to make certain things private due to some twitter related issues. I have a family and need to protect my family members. People seem to have issues with Indians who are married to non Indians...
Regarding headphones gyan...only told about what I like/ dislike in them ( as I have acess to tons of studio gears including headphones) and basics about audio.
If you have any headphones/ audio related query, please post..will try to answer.

Last edited:
What do you want to know? Just drop a DM. Or write it here. Many here have my contact details, few even have prescriptions.
Yes, had to make certain things private due to some twitter related issues. I have a family and need to protect my family members. People seem to have issues with Indians who are married to non Indians...
Regarding headphones gyan...only told about what I like/ dislike in them ( as I have acess to tons of studio gears including headphones) and basics about audio.
If you have any headphones/ audio related query, please post..will try to answer.

a. Nothing personal (details), I think your name here was something else first so just threw me of a loop.
b. That absolutely blows. People "marry trees". You can marry whoever you want.
c. I already know what my next set of cans is going to be since I have used them quite a bit off and on (DT-770 80ohms). Have loved them every time I've used them, but the pandemic means need to prioritize certain purchases.

Very long also there was a demand for an extended general talk section. It was created and was called funenclave. Guess what. It died a natural death because very few people used it.

Also a public forum carries a lot of burden from a liability perspective. Political views, piracy, gender issues... All of these can trigger people and governments and sometimes it's best the whole thing disappear without a trace. This site was created for a purpose, and a lot of the above don't belong here. I think the mods here are generally considerate and do let you know before you step over the line, but they're under no obligation to do so.

Anyway people have tried to create the blackjack and h00kers version of te and we know how it turned out. This has been a clean forum. Let's keep it that way

Hahahahahaha. I’ve been around TE for a while but never saw a blackjack and h00ker reference to other forums before. I’m curious which is blackjack and which is h00ker version of TE?

LOL.. what drama...just stop using it.
Haha, if you and the other punk kids (probably half my age or less) like in the Vi thread think you can be bullies here, well it's really easy being all tough and shit hiding behind a keyboard on the internet, try it in real life and you may get the smart-ass slapped right off your faces. I'm sure you guys have a great game-plan on your whatsapp groups or whatever social media you fancy. So buzz off and get a life.

And i guess a lot of selfish and greedy wannabe miners got butt-hurt on being called out on their nonsense. If you can't digest the truth tough. The only next recourse for you people is personal attacks.

In any case, i won't be a part of a community with obvious bias and double standards. Mods don't hesitate to delete posts and lock threads while freely condoning and allowing certain others to operate with impunity. Even their clearly targeting posts are allowed to stay up. Yeah, so 'stop using it' isn't cutting it.

And I was wrong earlier, at least the other forum is upfront and open about their autocracy.

Other forum? Please mention about it in DM, unless it's Digit.

Regarding complete deletion of threads, one must understand that there are people who take an enormous amount of time to explicitly mention every minute details, and people like me those who don't prefer clutter in life, delete everything (source files) after creating a thread. So recreation of the same thread will take the same time again. At least learn to value users' time, and without users a forum is absolutely nothing. The threads which do not adhere to this or that rule, could easily be put on dormant, instead on complete removal.

The above message is for site admin, not mods- whose acts beg the question whether they are matured enough, both age wise and experience wise. My expectations from people (regardless in real life or some online forum) are so low that almost nothing is new at this point, but this certainly is something new, complete disposal of threads.

Other forum? Please mention about it in DM, unless it's Digit.

Regarding complete deletion of threads, one must understand that there are people who take an enormous amount of time to explicitly mention every minute details, and people like me those who don't prefer clutter in life, delete everything (source files) after creating a thread. So recreation of the same thread will take the same time again. At least learn to value users' time, and without users a forum is absolutely nothing. The threads which do not adhere to this or that rule, could easily be put on dormant, instead on complete removal.

The above message is for site admin, not mods- whose acts beg the question whether they are matured enough, both age wise and experience wise. My expectations from people (regardless in real life or some online forum) are so low that almost nothing is new at this point, but this certainly is something new, complete disposal of threads.

The other forum has already been mentioned by other members in this thread itself.

My issue is not with locking of threads and deleting posts per se. It's with different rules and standards for different people.

This is not a govt forum to demand democracy, the site owners and managers are free to do as they please. But when the discrimination is obvious, some people may choose to look the other way, i won't.

This is not a govt forum to demand democracy, the site owners and managers are free to do as they please.
This.
Now, I have not experienced what you have so can't speak to that. But in general we are not entitled to anything here or on any other public forum unless otherwise stated by those who run it.

PS: If I may, I'd urge you to consider sorting the issue with the mods over PM and sticking around.

This is not a govt forum to demand democracy, the site owners and managers are free to do as they please. But when the discrimination is obvious, some people may choose to look the other way, i won't.
Lol. The latter part is the mere result of the first part-which is the root cause of all problems. This is what most do not understand.

Lol. The latter part is the mere result of the first part-which is the root cause of all problems. This is what most do not understand.
I'm not saying i don't agree with you about how it should be, just saying this is how it is now, and we can't do anything to change it. Coz end of day it's a privately owned, advertising funded entity.

And this is not just sale forms, but other threads and posts too. I've had posts of mine in different threads removed without informing me, and even after asking, I've not been given any answer (whether I've broken the rules or anything). As good as the mods are, to me ateast, there seems to be quite a lack of transparency as to how and on what bases decisions are taken by them, at least wrt the deletion of posts and locking of threads.
Different threads are locked for different reasons.
I can't find any threads started by you that are locked, so if this is about someone else's threads, can you point to them so I can be specific?

W.r.t. your deleted posts, since the post you were replying to was deleted, the follow up replies to that are also removed since they will no longer have context.
Report offending posts and they will be cleared out, so the original thread flow can carry on.
Don't worry about not receiving a notification, it means you've not done any wrong, just some thread cleanup. Only if there is a problem, notifications/warnings are issued (but ironically those people seem to ignore it).

Are there WhatsApp groups of some individuals who suddenly arrive, write some bullcrap, personal attacks ( often below the belt ) and disappear!?
What kind of people do that?
Mate, when you sometimes change the topic suddenly which has nothing to do with the thread, then it is certainly a little irritating. You know I don't mind your opinions on anything and actually look forward to reading your posts, but maybe try and stay a little disciplined and treat a thread as a forum thread and not general chat.
^ Reposting rdst_1's post which you read AND agreed to. Do you have A.D.D.? Please take a minute to read the thread title before going off topic.

No Mr. Mod, I don't have ADHD ( it's ADHD, not ADD)
Think you haven't read the thread title properly...it asks about why threads get deleted.
It's my personal observation that certain people just come from nowhere, make few sneaky comments and go back to their holes to derail the discussion, and the thread goes completely haywire and eventually gets locked.
I just didn't know such people have WhatsApp group ( not really a part of Whatsapp culture). How was the post irrelevant?
Some idiot came to a gratitude thread and brought up his dirty hooker joke...You guys did nothing!! As according to you, he must be grateful for bl@wjobs and should proudly write about it!!
Honestly, it is your forum, your rules...I'm no one to suggest anything.
But it's not my non existent ADHD, but your cortical blindness and tunnel vision destroying this forum.
Do you really think anybody gives a flying **** if you delete some posts or ban some members who is not one bit scared of you spineless, scared to death, selfish individuals. **** off!! Get your vision and metal health fixed.
And go ahead ban me without deleting this post. I'm sure you will just delete the part directed against you. Show some courage, besides working from home for a livlihood and this miserable existence.

Think you haven't read the thread title properly...it asks about why threads get deleted.
It's my personal observation that certain people just come from nowhere, make few sneaky comments and go back to their holes to derail the discussion, and the thread goes completely haywire and eventually gets locked.
I just didn't know such people have WhatsApp group ( not really a part of Whatsapp culture). How was the post irrelevant?
Some idiot came to a gratitude thread and brought up his dirty hooker joke...You guys did nothing!! As according to you, he must be grateful for bl@wjobs and should proudly write about it!!
But it's not my non existent ADHD, but your cortical blindness and tunnel vision destroying this forum.
Do you really think anybody gives a flying **** if you delete some posts or ban some members who is not one bit scared of you spineless, scared to death, selfish individuals. **** off!! Get your vision and metal health fixed.
And go ahead ban me without deleting this post. I'm sure you will just delete the part directed against you. Show some courage, besides working from home for a livlihood and this miserable existence.
You need to relax man.
Whenever you see such a post, just report it using the report button. Do you think mods go through each and every post on the forum. See, the best way to deal with such posts like you mentioned, is to not get aggravated and reply. Just report that post to the mods and appropriate action will be taken. Trust me man, the mods on this forum are one of the best and also this forum is very very lenient as well. Yes some posts might escape them but it's just the same as the real world where police can't keep everyone in line. We also need to act like good members and just report the posts whenever it breaks a rule,instead of replying and getting into an argument which does no one any good.
I hope you will decide to stay and not let this one incident mar your experience.

Buddy, I've nothing against mod or anyone else personally here.
No, I won't report any post attacking me personally,( but will certainly report misleading posts like hype around certain audio realted hardware/ software as I know this industry very well), I can very well defend mindself against some keyboard worriers and certainly don't need help of mods.
Just wish these "mods" of such a small forum that too mostly within India were a little bit humble.
I am in the panel of editors in at least one huge medical journals, it doesn't work like a forum, but possibly a little more difficult to manage compared to TE, so I do understand little bit of the works mods here have to do.
But sorry, couldn't agree about the quality of moderation in this forum. Small forums like these are easiest to moderate with such tame, lifeless group of people.
Visit a forum like Audiosex or gearslutz ( now gearspace) to know what a truly free forum is, and how the mods their work.
Anyway enough of me...hope you guys are tired of me by now ( and the feeling is mutual)
I would rather enjoy real life and forums where people are not scared shitless all the time.

you are doing exactly what others as per you, are guilty of. Read the thread title and all your responses in this thread again.
if you dont care, stay away from threads where you cant contribute like this one. There are some where you can and thats perfectly fine. but we know you cant help it !
Forum being destroyed... Sir that's your opinion. This place has been around and will continue to be around whether any of us stay or leave.
you certainly care enough by responding again and again here. if you didnt care, you wouldnt derail threads yourself.
by the way, what you or we do in IRL is irrelevant to our presence here. flexing your work profile is not worth anything online.
you have no idea about the work mods put in here and to compare it with what you do or "claim" to do in IRL is laughable at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back