Why cant we get Good quality Data cables in India ?

Mr India

Disciple
Samsung cable lasted 10 months and stopped charging unless you hold it in a weird angle. Flipkart /amazon/ local shop cable gone bad in 1-3 months. Literally every cable i see online has bad reviews that most dont even give charge upto 2A max or sometimes dont support data and give charge upto 0.8 amps only. I need cable that can transmit upto 2 amps. Is there any good company that guarantees high current rate and is available in many sizes ? like at home i need a 1.5-2 m cable but in my car i only need a 15 cm cable to connect to car charger im planning to buy. someone plz help its getting frustrating buying cables and wasting money. I have samsung and blackberry phones

I dont abuse them. Earlier they made chargers and cable much better quality. Uaed to last years with rough use. Now even being delicate they last few months max

I am using a Rock cable with a One Plus charger for the last year as my ready to use charger in my laptop bag.Has been working so far without any issues.This is used daily and not very gently too.
http://www.amazon.in/Universal-Micr...qid=1446744040&sr=8-2&keywords=rock+micro+usb
me too like it buy some reviewer say it support only upto 0.8-0.9 amps and wont work with the 2 amps fast charger[DOUBLEPOST=1446747140][/DOUBLEPOST]purchased bandridge thanks to this thread
\
Capturexx.JPG

Last edited:
I have two Kindle charging cable which I received with my Keyboard and Paperwhite ones. Both are amazing cables. The ones which I had received with my keyboard one is still going strong even after 5 years and the second one is also in great condition. I use them very roughly.
I use them for daily phone charging as they are very good in length.
I even bought one from amazon for daily needs and they are of great quality.

Just my two cents: Bandridge is pretty shitty. Go for Bluerigger. Belkin ..
i ordered it but. should i cancel it and buy amazon basics or blue rigger? if i cancel i also have to pay extra 40 rs for the other item as it will become under 499 order and i cant add item to order once made i will have to place new one.

Last edited:
I have 6 feet USB to Micro USB Bandridge cables in both cars. Almost 3 years old, and work just fine at 2 Amps.

BTw why not buy the original cable instead if you can get hold off? Else buy the same original charger.
My cousins S4 cable died off within 18months and he tried many cables but all dead or charging very slow.
Finally he gave up and bought new original charger itself and its all sorted now.

Also anything above 1 meter wont support 2amps and thats a norm unless officially supported by that cos. charging capabilities.

I have extended my xperia z3 charger cable using 2 apple usb cables. Now the length is approx 4 meters. My phone charges slow even though it shows charging at usual 4.18volts.
But I dont mind as my bed is far from the charging sockets.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTw why not buy the original cable instead if you can get hold off? Else buy the same original charger.
My cousins S4 cabled ****ed off within 18months and he tried many cables but all dead or charging very slow.
Finally he gave up and bought new original charger itself and its all sorted now.

Also anything above 1 meter wont support 2amps and thats a norm unless officially supported by that cos. charging capabilities.

I have extended my xperia z3 charger cable using 2 apple usb cables. Now the length is approx 4 meters. My phone charges slow even though it shows charging at usual 4.18volts.
But I dont mind as my bed is far from the charging sockets.
original cable for 800 rs. too much plus i have to go to shop to buy and online we dont get it ! yes the shorter the better. My power bank cable is like 15 cms but amazing quality and charging though nowdays data in it stopped and only charges. when i bought i used transfer data too :/[DOUBLEPOST=1446794915][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have 6 feet USB to Micro USB Bandridge cables in both cars. Almost 3 years old, and work just fine at 2 Amps.
so long cable why in car ? im gonna use the power bank cable thats 15 cm in car and use this bandridge with home charger and power bank.

Last edited:
I had the same query a few months ago here.. Based on their feedback bought Bandridge for my wife and me.. Got my colleagues bought them too. Very solid and still working under various twists and folds..

Back