Graphic Cards Why do ppl consider NVIDIA superior?

I've always been an ATI person (bang for buck). Coming from Sapphire 6850 to Palit GTX570, I've had less problems with drivers, wasted less time on upgrades/rollback and in general have been happier with Nvidia. Used to get so frustrated with ATI's broken releases.

There could be people who've had the opposite experience as well though.

Both camps have turned out some very impressive hardware. As a person who has gone from Green to Green to Red, there is not much difference between the two. The nVidia brand is little more well known due to more money towards marketing, but informed buyers of today seldom make blind choices. For me, it depends on who is offering the most value for money at that point of time. Sometimes it's Red, sometimes it's Green.

Having used premier cards from both (own a GTX580) it came down to what game i was playing the most at that time. When i got the GTX 580 i was playing Age of Conan. I played it on a ATi 4650 and then a 4850 and a 5850 but there was a huge difference when i moved to nvidia , simply because the game was optimzed for it. while the Dirt II which i was playing before that was a looked better on my 5850.

Both camps has their bunch of supporters and fanboys as all we know but it is like a thing where you can't force a nvidia guy to go for an amd card and vice versa

I myself is an nvidia guy as when I am in a market for a search for a new card all the merchants told me that " if you are a gamer then you should go for nvidia and not for amd ".... In my case story :D

Nvidia always endorse game studios and get into the marketing stuff and always update their drivers on time and maybe it's your own personal preference if you are using an amd card and satisfied with it then you probably get an amd card as your next upgrade :)

Speaking entirely from personal experience, I must say I'm more comfortable with buying Nvidia. Over the years, I've owned 4 Nvidia cards and 3 ATI cards. The Nvidias have just been more stable for me. Unpack, install drivers and go. The ATI's have always given me trouble with drivers (even on fresh Windows installations) and it usually takes a lot of googling and fixing before I can get them up to speed.

That being said, the only card that's ever gone kaput was my Nvidia 8800GT (but it served me very well for almost 2 years). I'm also open to buying both brands with my last 2 cards being ATI. I just prepare myself for a lot of tweaking when I'm buying one, that's all.

Maybe because they are ignorant of what happens in the Red camp? :p

I have owned both the cards from time to time and ends up buying whatever offers the best bang for the buck (in terms of VFM, performance, heat dissipation and power consumption) at that timeframe. I have a 6950 2 GB since May 2011 and have been satisfied till date. The drivers are a bit messy at times but AMD rolls out the fix pretty quickly.

Some ppl say Drivers , screen flickerings micro stutters etc etc happens only on AMD due to it being inferior?? ...Is it true... i didnt feel any for past 3 years .. i had AMD 4830 first.. then 4890... now got 7850 (not yet set up the rig)... just getting pissed at ppl talking shit about AMD ... simple as that...

Both are awesome! I've had both (currently nvidia). Comparing the two is like comparing cat/dogs or roti/chapatis. BUT I feel anti hardware and nvidia drivers are both good.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Back