PC Peripherals Why does MX-518 Suck so MUCH ?

^Even my old 1800dpi didn't have any external quality issue, it just stopped working altogether :p . Basically if you connect it to a USB port, it'll work for few seconds that is all.

! 0 t A said:
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS EVERY TIME.

Can we RMA it if the clock sound persists ?

PS: Sorry for CAPS.

I'll take up this issue with Logitech Regional Sales Manager and get back over here.

Edit: Have sent the mail, will keep you guys updated

BIKeINSTEIN said:
1600dpi- was 2.8K and later 2.5K

1800dpi- 2K > 1.6K > 1.3K

New 1800dpi- Razer mice-like 2 big feet unlike mine with 5 tiny oval feet similar to original 1600dpi one

1600dpi- 4 years or more and still kicks butt.

1800dpi (5 tiny feet one)- 1.5 yrs old or maybe more?- rubber is rough but not totally worn off- works fine.

No food stuff allowed near the pc. :p

Else lots of dust, grime, etc etc.

yea my too 5 small feet one , almost 15 months old still good , just rubber near middle button worn off .

btw how much is warranty for mx518

I'm a total click addict,I have to highlight bits of text when I'm reading any thread or article.

So far I haven't had any problems with my 518 and I absolutely love the extra 3 buttons.Having replaced 3 Microsoft optical mice before can say this one is pretty sturdy as I haven't yet had signs of wear and tear which I'd have seen by now in other mice, for example, the noise which Saiyan described.

! 0 t A said:
This must be my 4th MX 518 mouse [Dont know WHY ! ] and it has already started showing signs of total failure !!!!:frusty:

The click has started to make a funny noise and this is how it starts !! I use the mouse very carefully, protect it from dust and click it gently most of the time [ except the time when i am wrenching a SPAI ]

Does everyone else also experience the same thing ? This one is a fresh RMAed piece , the new 1800 dpi one, still its giving me this problem !!:mad:

I am addicted to the shape so cant switch to another mouse. . but if this goes kaput and doesnt get RMAed then its Intelli from now on !

DUnno...my 1st and till now MX518 rocks so well...i use Setpoint with it and customize and play UrT and COD @ rockstar like..

i've been using one for 3 years with no problem now, didnt notice the click noise until i read abt it in this thread and started clicking to check, but i can live with it..

DO NOT BUY RAZER

since I can't use a keyboard I use a Mouse to type via Microsoft's On-Screen Keyboard so I left click atleast 10000 times a day (I chat a lot) & all my Four Razer (Krait, Diamondback 3G, Lachesis & Mamba) have given me the single left click registering as double click issue in 1yr

I did not buy Logitech yet as since I can move my Mouse in only 1inch & have weak hands I need a high dpi (4000 minimum), tiny & light mouse which Logitech didn't have till G9x so receiving a G9x on Wednesday

Hope it's fine till 3yrs

my almost 3 yr old MX still rocks

the rubber has almost peeled off completely and the surface is very shiny now :D

its the five feet 1800 dpi one. Love it more than nythin ive tried.

i was planning on an another one too, but dropped the idea of MX after reading this thread. ll probably go for inteli this time, as new MX seems crap[large feet ones].

^ I think it's the other way round . :S. 3 big feet 1800dpi is old one and 5 small feet -1800dpi is the new one i guess . :ashamed:. not sure.

I have a 5 feet one.. its been more than a yr now am using this mouse... It does show signs of rubber peelin off but it still rawks... :D

two of my frends using the new model says its dead, and goin to RMA. But i think Razer quality too sucks, and havnt seen ny razer mice more than 1 yr old.

so as far as ive seen, the quality goes as

MX 5 feet 1600dpi > 5feet 1800 dpi> 3feet 1800dpi.

damn ! really scares me now. .what if my MX 518 goes down all of a sudden ?. can anyone confirm if it has 3yrs of warranty or 1 yr ?

Back