Why no Micromax?

prohank

Disciple
I don't want this one to be another 10-15K tagged Android phone buying help post.
Just some questions....
I went through few of the similar posts made earlier and I saw that Samsung Galaxy S Advance or LG L9 are the most sorted choices,my question is Micromax Canvas 2 also has some interesting features apart from 500MB RAM while the S advance also has 768 MB.(Canvas 2 was available @ 10k from snapdeal 2 days ago.)
So y no micromax?just because of the stereotype or some other reason?I see everyone carrying this phone wherever I go.
And also a request to all micromax canvas 2 users more specifically those who love to fiddle with their phone to share their experience.
My brother is in a fix because of this, thanks to me.
Visiting Tech Enclave after a long time.
This is the one and only place I come before buying anything.
Thanks all.

1. They have a cheap feel to them. Take a Canvas HD in ine hand and take an Xperia E/ Galaxy Advance in another and you will know the difference.
2. Badly caliberated screen. It may be an IPS/Amoled but compare it with with a similarly priced Samsung/Sony/LG.
3. A 3.2 MP camera on Nokia takes better piks than the 8 MP on these.
4. Quadcore Mediatek proccys are no match to even their dualcore quallcom counterparts. They are just cheap hence used in all these phones.
5. Micromax service support is legendary..!

Also what is actual status of Sar testing ?
Where is it tested ?

Their has to be clarity about SAR ratings and regulatory compliance.

I am sure 99.99999% don't even know what SAR is. I know it is something related to radiation from mobile phones.

Btw it is funny then when companies like MMX launch these phones and people have all sort of praises even before the phone hits the market and when it does then in most cases it is a piece of sh1t with buggy experience owing to inferior build and no software updates or support.

Only few companies like Samsung, may be HTC and nokia,apple deliver what is written on paper and actual device.
Not pointing to any specific platform here.

Adding to the above points , i do like to say that as a brand , they are still at the starting point of the consumer decision making phase whereas brands like samsung and sony have great historical value as they have consistently delivered good products.

I am wondering whether OP is doing market research.
I am not sure if mmx or alike have any infrastructure to test SAR,
I doubt if they have any facility to do anything with phones,labs or alike.

All these company does are, go visit china , find something at bulk price,get their company brand stamped on it and start importing and distributing.

Not to forget their huge spendings on ad campaign, one thing is their phones don't have any community support with no software updates.

Built quality is somewhat questionable as well.

Well that are better phones than MMX which are available for cheaper if you strictly want a chinese rebrand for cheap.

The Xolo A800 has superior screen, better build and a better BSI camera and costs only 9.5k. And for a little more you can get a Xolo Q800 for ~12k which has the MTK quad, 1GB RAM and JB which smokes the A110. When it was released it was good value for money @ 10k but not anymore.

And not everyone can handle a 5" phone. Plus a dual core krait (the lower end ones with Adreno 305) is also equivalent to the quad core Cortex A7's in the A116.

only xolo which makes sense is intel based.
rest all mediatek chipsets are for bragging.

I don't have full knowledge but are intel based better than other type of chipsets ? I mean not on paper and the anticipation through random websites but actual real world usage ?

intel performance is pretty fine as per anandtech review of xolo hardware.
only issue is application support,as many apps need to be compiled for x86 of intel.

Micromax is total crap. The chargers the accessories they bundle are worst then he fake nokia chargers you get in the market. I've got a tab myself, and i can assure you after being active in the community, and seeing the amazing range of issues people have had with it, that the quality of their products is extremely bad.

I went to get my tab serviced. Their center closes at 5.30-6. The people there are absolute gavar. You know street kid kinds who have been taught to tinker with electronics. That was the state of the service center i visited. If you still go for it, best luck ! :p

Not trying to defend the micromax because i know they have been known as anything but a chinese rehash of phones.

But specifically the canvas2.
The phones is better built than the similarly priced samsungs.

Has a lower SAR value than the newer lumias.

Has a non existent service center, but a huge xda community support (maybe not huge compared to samsungs but huge enough to get a variety of roms. )

i do not use it. My sister does.
And she seem to be very much happy with the phone.
Using it since jan, rooted with jelly bean and installed a reborn custom rom on it.

From my five months usage experience of Canvas 2
1. Build quality is excellent even better than any thing priced in 10K range . survived many drops
2. same can be said about the screen which has good viewing angle and touch response . And screen is scratch resistant
3. soc is good enough for most of the apps i run ( skype, instagram,dolphine browser,fxcamera,maps, whats ap p etc . I am not a gamer but have run agent dash kind of games with ease i read that many 3d games can also be played on this )
4. Camera is good in well lit conditions , outdoors it makes nice pics but pic quality drops indoors.
5. Android version which runs on it seems quiet stable and i never experienced software hang (os).

Things I feel this phone should have had
1. A light sensor , you have to manually bump the screen brightness in bright sunlight .
2.More powerful led flash , camera performs bad in lowlight .
3. My local language (malayalam)wont correctly render in some apps (there is a fix but too lazy to try out )

This model has very good support in xda and even micromax have brought firmware updates .
at least ten twelve custom builds of jelly bean and the official jb update is available .

many types of flip covers and pouches are available for this model .

i don't have experience with micromax service centre i having had an occasion to go there .so i cannot comment any thing about it

all i have written is from my real use experience for last five months, not some thing i read or some one told . i have many colleagues and friends who use this phone and i have not heard any thing bad about this model , i am very happy with this purchase and can recommend it if the budget is around 10K.

for normal calls ear wont get warm but for calls which last more than half an hour ear do get warm , same like my Sony elm and galaxy y i used to use before .

Back