Graphic Cards why price drops in graphics cards'are not translated in India immediately?

sTALKEr said:
BS.. 90% of computer owners in India still don't know the difference between a graphics card and onboard video. And even among those who know what a graphics card is, more than 80% are happy with a 512MB/1024MB graphics card :mad:

Assuming that a guy is paid at the rate of 15 USD per hour he would still make close to USD 2500 (15*8*22) and the cost of a performance range graphics card is like 1/10 his salary.

The average Indian just cannot afford a "graphics' card as you put it so obviously he doesnt know much about it as its beyond his means.

Forget the USD <==> INR conversion, most of us would be more than happy to buy stuff at USD prices ....so lets not go the "Indian users dont know jack" route :eek:hyeah:

Assuming that a guy is paid at the rate of 15 USD per hour he would still make close to USD 2500 (15*8*22) and the cost of a performance range graphics card is like 1/10 his salary.

The average Indian just cannot afford a "graphics' card as you put it so obviously he doesnt know much about it as its beyond his means.

Forget the USD <==> INR conversion, most of us would be more than happy to buy stuff at USD prices ....so lets not go the "Indian users dont know jack" route

Your whole theory goes for a toss when you get a mobile phone into picture... I dont whats the fascination of Indians and mobile phones...

A guy will spend an entire month's salary on mobile phone without blinking an eyelid, there will be very few maniacs who will spend 5-6000 USD on a phone (considering the 5-6k avg salary in US a month)....

Aces170 said:
Your whole theory goes for a toss when you get a mobile phone into picture... I dont whats the fascination of Indians and mobile phones...

A guy will spend an entire month's salary on mobile phone without blinking an eyelid, there will be very few maniacs who will spend 5-6000 USD on a phone (considering the 5-6k avg salary in US a month)....

Unlike graphic cards mobile phones can be shown to any and everyone you meet :D . Moreover its something most people can/want to use. Even my grandpa can/would use a mobile, can you say the same for a graphics card :bleh:

^^You obviously are a geek and your circle is made up of the same, hence the comment about prices being the factor.

I have hardly ever met a customer who doesn't pop the question about "kitna MB hai?" Forget customers, even most retailers/ distis/ dealers talk only about the memory.

Edit: Btw, I've sold many high-end cards after enlightening the customer about perf basics.

Back