CPU/Mobo Why this sound comes from the Cabinet

Shanpav12

Disciple
Hello,

This morning whe I pushed the CPU ON button I get a pe, pee pee sound coming from the inside the Cabinet, then the monitor's orange to green light transformation is also not having meaning when the system is on,suddenly after few seconds the green light came and atomatically againg switched off and again started to reboot.After few on and off the cpu by manually switching off the UPS and starting again it how ever now runs properly,but I want to know when this Pee -Pee sound comes from the cabinet.

Please help.

thanks

Cause your PC needs to PEE ,

just kidding , it may be due to loose or faulty ram or overheating , check your hardware temperatures .

If you have the motherboard manual go and check what this series of noise readings mean it will have them listed as faulty RAM, no RAM, some connection error or something. Easier to diagnose like this

Hope this answers your Q's bru :)

YEs it is coming from inside the Cabinet only, and after writing the thread i went to youtube site and whle playing a video.the sytem automaticaly went off means the screen is black(as seen between windows XP logo and Intel Bios),but the system is running from CPu point of view ,I restart by restart switch manuallly and got and error saying" A bootable device has not been detected .Please refer to the product Guide at http://support.intel.com/support/motherboard/desktop" at the top left corner of the screen , I had to call hardware mechanic he said the BIOS data table was gone ,and also the cable connecting the HDD to the other optical drives has some connection problem.He aslo said to me not to update the mothervoard drivers from intel original site also, it may contain virus,can it be .

I can see that your mechanic is taking you for a ride . Virus on intel drivers , thats just crazy , dont listen to him . I f you have the motherboard manual then just check the sound pattern and see to which error it is related otherwise post your mobo model name .

rohan_mhtr said:
I can see that your mechanic is taking you for a ride . Virus on intel drivers , thats just crazy , dont listen to him . I f you have the motherboard manual then just check the sound pattern and see to which error it is related otherwise post your mobo model name .
What had I said earlier people read the POST carefully it details some symptoms too

If universal pattern is followed, its RAM, just take out the RAM, clean the ram slots and the ram sticks itself and then place them back firmly... the beep should go away.

You are getting 1, 2, or 3 beeps that indicate a memory failure.

1 beep - Refresh Error (with nothing on the screen and it is not a video problem)

2 beeps - Parity Error

3 beeps - Base 64 K memory failure

* Reseat the memory.
* Make sure that the contacts on the memory and the socket are clean.
* Try removing one bank of memory modules at a time. Note: Some systems might need to have a memory module in Bank 0.
* Try using memory modules from the same manufacturer with the same part number and speed.
* Check for a faulty memory module by trying the memory in a known good system.
* Trying known good memory in the system.
* Check the power supply and check for power fluctuations.
* If the steps above do not resolve the problem, the desktop board may be defective. Try a different desktop board.

You are getting 4 beeps indicating a timer not operational:

* Check for foreign objects such as screws that may ground the desktop board and make sure that screws that hold the motherboard are not too tight.
* Try a different desktop board.

You are getting 5 beeps indicating a processor error:

* Check for foreign objects such as screws that may ground the desktop board and make sure the screws that hold the board are not too tight.
* Make sure the processor is seated properly.
* Try a different processor.
* Remove the desktop board from the chassis and reinstall it.
* If the steps above do not resolve the problem, the desktop board may be defective. Try a different desktop board.

You are getting 6 beeps indicating 8042 - gate A20 failure:

* Check for foreign objects such as screws that may ground the desktop board and make sure the screws that hold the motherboard are not too tight.
* Try a different keyboard.

You are getting 7 beeps indicating processor exception interrupt error

* Make sure the processor is seated properly.

You are getting 8 beeps indicating display memory read/write failure

* Make sure that you have a video card on your system.
* If possible, swap the memory on the video card.
* Try a different video card.

You are getting 9 beeps indicating ROM checksum error

* Try reflashing the system BIOS.
* If possible, try reseating the system BIOS chip.

You are getting 10 beeps indicating CMOS shutdown register read/write error

You are getting 11 beeps indicating cache memory bad

* Make sure the system is configured properly (CMOS Setup Program and jumpers on the board) for the RAM cache.
* If possible, replace the RAM cache.

Thanks very very much I am overwhelmed, you people taught me a lesson that as a total novice I didnt knew about, but now the system is booting the OS but now comes another driver problem ,very sorry to Hello, sorry for again asking question ,but I am continously facing some problems here and their.After the hardware mechanic set the system,no reinstal of XP but some bios table filled up as it was erased,an some driver setting I think he tweaked,now I see the front Headphone panel is not getting detected no sound from Cabinets Front headphone and Mic panel(Picture1)http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/Abhishek15/1.jpg?t=1284280169. and also the Devicemanager is detetcting some device with Question mark(Picture 2)http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/Abhishek15/2.jpg?t=1284280104, the mechanic said have I inserted some other device,but I didnt so replied no. Only Ethernet plug back speaker set port,and in front headphone jack plugged as always no other new device so why this Question mark.

Please help

For your audio problem , in realtek audio settings search for the option disable front panel jack detection and select it .

Another question , how much did your mechanic charge you ?

Thanks, but I think the earlier Problem of Bootable device not detected came from the front panel Headphone and MIc a 8 Pin slot adapter, at the motherboard,the Pin adapter chip might get blown away, so the drivers are not geting the device detected. I have tried trough Control panel sound system also the realtek audio manager, but it is not noticing it.The Mechanic told that regular plugin and Plugout from the socket of the front panel causes this ssocket or the pin adapter at the motherboard get damaged and by the way the mechanic came twice for reparing it means software wise drivers, setting check but nobody can replace that pinplug because in Pc motherboards it is not possible to get new small chips replaced .He charged total of Rs 200 might be more charge.

Uninstall all your old existing drivers and install new drivers form Intel site. Chipset: Intel® Chipset Device Software for Intel® Desktop Boards, Audio: Realtek* ALC Audio Driver, LAN: Intel® PRO Network Connections Driver for Intel® Desktop Boards for Windows XP*, Video: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for 3 Series Chipset Based Intel Desktop Boards

Back