CPU/Mobo Wierd Problem: No Sound From Speakers.Only HDD Mouse Noise

santoshwe

Disciple
Hi All,

Few days ago I had removed the mother board and other peripherals from the cabinet to clean and then put it back.
After switching on the PC there is no sound coming from the speaker. Only a squealing noise is coming when the mouse is moved, HDD activity or if any activity is done like opening explorer etc.

I am using on board audio. I checked the sound driver and it is detected properly. The device manager does not show any errors. The windows trouble shooter also did not detect any issue. Neither the dxdiag. All shows that the audio is working fine. When i play any music the bar goes up and down according to the music. But no sound is coming from the speaker. I tried different speaker, tried connecting to the head phone jack in front of the PC but no luck. Has anybody encountered this issue before? How to fix this.

My config is
MB - ASUS M5A88M
CPU - Phenom II 560 BE
PSU - Corsair CX430v2
500 GB WD
No discrete GPU

Thanks

By mistake have you muted audio ? or some slider/bar put too low ?

Also does your same speakers work well while playing music from other media source such as phone or any media player?

Yes, the speaker is working fine. Problem with both front and rear audio ports. The humming sounds starts just before the windows login screen appears.

This is a hardware issue. There was a crack in the track that goes to the audio ports. I got it repaired from the asus service centre and is working fine now.

Back