Linux WiFi keeps asking for password. Bluetooth connects but file sharing fails.

rootyme

Disciple
The issue is related to the Intel Wireless Adapters that ship with Acer's Kabylake laptops. Both components continue to work as expected on Windows 10 which I am dual booting with MX Linux 23 AHS (Kernel 6.4).

It's bizarre how both of these suddenly started failing exclusively on Linux after working flawlessly for a month on the same OS & kernel.

Have tried many troubleshooting guides that showed up on Google search. Apparently this issue is not unheard of in the Linux world. None of the solutions has worked.

I tried loading up a live session of the same MX Linux ISO from my USB. And to my shock, wireless didn't work in the live session either. I then clean flashed MX on another partition and unsurprisingly, the Intel Wireless adapters failed to operate on this fresh install as well.

Rubbed and rinsed my eyes, rebooted back to Windows. Wireless still works on Windows as it should. What exactly is going on here?

Last edited:
The issue is related to the Intel Wireless Adapters that ship with Acer's Kabylake laptops.
Recently I had issues with my wifi adapter with speed when transferring files over lan.
Spend enough hours there and finally came to understand intel wireless adapters had issues. Did you updated changed drivers ? this might be likely causing problems as per my experience.

Recently I had issues with my wifi adapter with speed when transferring files over lan.
Spend enough hours there and finally came to understand intel wireless adapters had issues. Did you updated changed drivers ? this might be likely causing problems as per my experience.
Probably not a driver related issue here since I have been on the same kernel 6.4 from the beginning. Thing is it worked flawlessly on the same hardware/software config for a month until it just magically stopped working one fine day.

If incompatible Linux Drivers is the issue here, how come it worked so long? This laptop is from 2017 and is fully supported by the mainline kernel AFAIK.

Again, it all works as intended on Windows.

Cleaned the dust off the laptop internals and wireless started working again as expected. No issues are there any longer. IDK what had happened and how it got fixed, automatically.

Back