Wifi Router required

Metalspree said:
With torrent capability its only the E3000/3200 but again the network speeds will be maxed at just 3megs nothing more than that .The E3200 costs about 9K.

why it will cap the bandwidth?

can you please explain.

Go with ASUS. I picked one up from DVDSTOREDELHI via Ebay, for Rs. 2700 ex shipping. Got the router in 3 days.

The reason why I would go with Asus is

1) Their proc and RAM is a lot more higher compared to the price vs components in the same range from other router manufacturers.

2) I needed it for back up internet connectivity via 3G USB modem and from the website most of the major USB modems from MTS, BSNL, are all supported and have been tested.

Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N NFINITI Wireless-N 300Mbps Router :- THIS DOES NOT HAVE TORRENT DOWNLOADING CAPABILITIES AND HAS NO USB! Its over priced for its config! Please Stay Away!

DD WRT is not supported on the B1 yet. I have not tested the download capabilities of the Asus, since I own a WD My Book WE and I have my torrents queued on that.

dude,

i beg to differ here.

Asus is supported for ddwrt.recently got support.

buffalo has nh version of this .it has usb port and does download torrent by default.

300nh version I am talking about.

which other non asus router you recommend?

As after sales service of ASUS is ASS.

heard of rashi peripheral tech ??

^ ^

Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N NFINITI Wireless-N 300Mbps Router :- THIS DOES NOT HAVE TORRENT DOWNLOADING CAPABILITIES AND HAS NO USB! Its over priced for its config! Please Stay Away!

So not sure where I said "OMFG ALL BUFFALO ROUTERS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF DOWNLOADING TORRENTS JESUS MY GOD"

Supported Devices - DD-WRT Wiki <= Please check RTN13U Rev B1 is not yet supported.

My recommendation was more inclined towards the OP :) And I just realized he did go ahead with the N13U. Cheers!

n00b said:
^ ^

So not sure where I said "OMFG ALL BUFFALO ROUTERS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF DOWNLOADING TORRENTS JESUS MY GOD"

Supported Devices - DD-WRT Wiki <= Please check RTN13U Rev B1 is not yet supported.

My recommendation was more inclined towards the OP :) And I just realized he did go ahead with the N13U. Cheers!

Hi,

Asus N13U do support DD-WRT.

Pls refer the dd-wrt website and search the router you will find Rev B1 Router Database | www.dd-wrt.com

Thanks,

Datta

Back